• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Interesting list.

Boondock Saints is fairly entertaining as movies like those go. Donnie Darko isn't a very good movie because it doesn't really make sense as a movie so I'd agree with them there. Inception really is a pretty simple heist movie with a good special effects element.

I really liked Finding Neverland though. It's exactly what it tries to be and it does it well. I feel like watching it again to validate my feelings on it.

I find that odd because didn't people say you have to watch Inception several times to understand the story? That right there should've been an example of good storytelling (as long as it's not used in a video game of course).

Years
I find that odd because didn't people say you have to watch Inception several times to understand the story? That right there should've been an example of good storytelling (as long as it's not used in a video game of course).
I kinda feel like that's just the hyperbole of people who really like the movie. I dunno. It was straightforward for me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think it's one of those, 'if you get it, you get it' types of movies. I didn't get it, but I thought it was still a fine film.

I started to watch Robot & Frank yesterday, but I just couldn't get into it. I recently watched Upside Down and Girl Most Likely, the latter only for Darren Criss (yum), but they were both pretty good movies... from what I saw. Shamefully I fell asleep halfway through watching Upside Down since it had a tendency to be a bit of a bore, but the ending and eventual plot - it dragged - was similar to 50 First Dates so it wasn't 100% original. Ohh and I've also started to watch Skins and I'm in love with it's edginess. It's a definite keeper.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
i can't believe i still haven't been usurped from my third place posting spot in this thread

and have any of you seen scandal??

Years
i can't believe i still haven't been usurped from my third place posting spot in this thread

and have any of you seen scandal??
I've only seen the commercials where all the letters appear kind of shadowed and you can only see CANDA for a moment and it makes me think it says CANADA.

So I read about a funny thing in the making of the recent Hunger Games movies. There's a scene with some bleeped out swearing and in the middle of filming the producers were all "You can't have swearing in a PG-13 movie!" and the director was all "It's okay. We'll bleep it. It's what they would do in the Capitol."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah I actually noticed that scene, and knew they had to have taken it out so as to maintain the ratings. The thing is though, it really did suit the sort of Capitol theme, it just seemed like a bit of a genre hiccup for a second or two. The movie was quite good overall however, though I don't imagine I would have enjoyed it half as much had I not read the book. I sat forward for the entire thing, I cried even, because I had invested so much in the characters during the book. While it could have been a better adaptation, and probably more emotion given to the characters, I really enjoyed it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
B'aaaw! I still haven't seen it yet and I have no one to go with.

Actually, this could be a blessing. I wanted to read at least the first two books before I saw Catching Fire, and now that I have all three books on my iPad, I can.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Oh my god, I go away for a few weeks and everyone's all different

I saw Catching Fire about a week ago and, though I liked it more than the first one, I don't think I'm ever going to be fully invested in this series as most of its fans are. I like bits and pieces about it but... something just felt a bit off, to me.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Might actually go and see Catching Fire next weekend. I still don't have anyone to go with, but I feel like if I don't see it, I'm going to run into spoilers online of what happened in the movie before I get to read the book or see the film. Despite having not read the original material, I have gotten invested into the characters and the on goings of The Capitol. Although, I'm almost sure I'd appreciate it more and understand more if I read the books.

I promise myself I'll get to doing that soon!

On another note, I'm currently watching Death Note (per Ace/Nick's suggestion) and I'm really enjoying it. It's brought back my affinity for watching anime since the days of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I never did make it passed those Endless Eight episodes. I wonder what anime I might watch next after this (although I can't say it'll be anytime soon).

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I thought Catching Fire was near perfection (I saw it twice, even) in regards to being in accordance with the book. It followed the storyline very well and strongly gives a lead into the next movie. I'm very satisfied with it and now really excited for the next installment aaa

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
As I wrote in the Last Movie you Watched thread, imo Catching Fire was even better than the first movie. And the ending of it, omg. Just makes you drool for the next movie to be released even sooner!

Worst part? The next movie will be split into 2 parts. first part comes out in November 2014 and the next comes out in 2015 :(

/lecry

Years
I hate that book series adaptations keep splitting their last movies into two. The last book in a series is never as good. If they wanted to split anything it should have been Catching Fire. Really, if you want to split something up just make a mini series instead of movies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I finally went out and saw Catching Fire today like I planned to, and it was soooooo good! Definitely better than the first which I already really liked. The ending left me really excited to see the final two installments. I'm so glad I still have the books to read, because waiting a year for the next one is painful enough just thinking about it.

I hate that the last movie is going to be split into two, but at the same time I don't mind because it gives me, as a viewer, another chance to escape into this world and be with these characters a little longer.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I went and saw it for the fifth time last night. It really is just that good. I've only seen two other movies that amount of times (The Avengers and the final Harry Potter). Every time I hear Katniss say "too gentle" I start crying :(

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't like the idea of it splitting, either, especially since I'm trying to imagine where the split would occur and the only conclusion I come to is right where the actual action of Mockingjay starts, and that would be a killer to the first half's ratings. :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well it depends on the execution. It's essentially what they did for Harry Potter and I think Part 1 of that worked out just fine.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
That was also almost 800 pages, though 400 of which were the kids camping. Mockingjay is pretty straightforward and there's not a lot of substance to the content in the first two thirds (as the book is split into sections) of the book. The last section wouldn't really warrant a movie of its own and the first two would be too boring to comprise a movie all their own. :x

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So yeah, this Hunger Games series, is it any good? Like if your 20 can you get into to it, or is it one of those teen things that doesn't work for everyone?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Well it depends on the execution. It's essentially what they did for Harry Potter and I think Part 1 of that worked out just fine.
Part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is one of my absolute favorite movies!! I prefer it to Part 2.

So yeah, this Hunger Games series, is it any good? Like if your 20 can you get into to it, or is it one of those teen things that doesn't work for everyone?
Most of the people who are into it are in that age group.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Cool, might have to try it out then. Are there gonna be any new ones or that's it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back