• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee as a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
Years
Yeah Play XD.

But i would like the theory, depending on which game i was doing it with. Like Gold I wouldnt do it. Same with R/B/Y.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
I love Eevee and all, and I used to think it was a great idea to have it as a starter.
Then I did a little hack job on a copied Emerald ROM to get Eevee as a starter option...

I've got two words for you: Epic. Fail.

Having so many evolution methods at your disposal kind of ruins the fun of the game ("Strategy?! I'll just tell Espeon here to blow their bloody heads off!"), and makes it even worse when you don't have access to said methods so you're stuck with a wimpy little Eevee until then.

I'd much rather be able to get a one-off Eevee later on in the game, when more options are available to me (Bebe in Hearthome City much?). Keeps the furry little thing as rare and special as it should be without being overkill. And even then, I'd only want to be able to get an Eevee for a reason rather than 'lol heer i dun wunt it enymoar taek this furry little gen 1 thing lolol', like new evolutions or something partially related to the plot (like in GSC when that demonic Togepi egg gets forced on you).

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
Years
Eevee would be a great starter... unless it actually WAS a starter. I mean, think about it. I reckon there's an Eeveeloution for everyone, but come on. Who can be bothered making an Eevee happy at night for an Umbreon? What I'd like to see is a Flying-type Eevee... *drools*. But yes! Eevee as a starter, once the novelty wore off, would blow.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I would love eevee as a starter! I would evolve it into an espeon as fast as possible.

I don't know what everyone likes about Eevee. You do realize that there won't be any evolution stones in the beginning of the game, so you'll be stuck with a weak Normal Pokemon as your starter. And I'm pretty sure the game would do something so you don't get Espeon or Umbreon too early.

*shoots Gummy*
how can't you see the cuteness of eevee and it eeveelutions?!

anyway, though I agree eevee itself is kinda weak, they could do some way that you can get the stones earlier than normal. of course not too early, but not too late either.

I think it would be a good idea if you get to choose which stone you would like to use on your eevee. Let's say eevee is the only starter to pick. But like you have charmander, squrtle, and bulbasaur, you replace them with stones. I think eevee would be a great starter that way. And wasn't eevee already a starter in gale of darkness if I'm not mistaken? and it worked out okay last time I played it. I evolved mine into an Umbreon I think. It was so long ago I can't remember

that's a pretty good idea, but what if you want to evolve it into a glaceon, leafeon, umbreon or espeon? maybe they could set the ice and leaf stone too, and if you want umbreon or espeon, I think you can just leave without chosing any of the stones.

Um no, because you shouldnt be able to catch starters and you can catch wild Eevee in the trophy garden.

then they will make the eevee not wild anymore, like the starters and original in R/B/Y.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
I think, in a DS version, Eevee as a started might be neat. Just think, if they introduced the 5th generation without regular starter Pokemon and used Eevees, you could have rivals for each of the eeveelutions. OR EVEN MORE AWESOME (XD) you could use wifi features to have your actual friends as the rivals that appear in game.

On that note, it'd be awesome to design everything about your character (like hair color, clothing, eyes, battle stance, etc.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Eevee would be a great starter... unless it actually WAS a starter. I mean, think about it. I reckon there's an Eeveeloution for everyone, but come on. Who can be bothered making an Eevee happy at night for an Umbreon? What I'd like to see is a Flying-type Eevee... *drools*. But yes! Eevee as a starter, once the novelty wore off, would blow.

*How could you say that? U can't make eevee happy at night...prob. means ur lazy.....*

I would love eevee as a starter! I would evolve it into an espeon as fast as possible.

*shoots Gummy*
how can't you see the cuteness of eevee and it eeveelutions?!

anyway, though I agree eevee itself is kinda weak, they could do some way that you can get the stones earlier than normal. of course not too early, but not too late either.

that's a pretty good idea, but what if you want to evolve it into a glaceon, leafeon, umbreon or espeon? maybe they could set the ice and leaf stone too, and if you want umbreon or espeon, I think you can just leave without chosing any of the stones.

then they will make the eevee not wild anymore, like the starters and original in R/B/Y.

*Thank you for saying this...me and u will keep rooting for eevee!!!*

Chelzbell

magical girl undercover
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 13, 2010
It would be nice to get eevee in the beginning if you had the choice. However, personally, I wouldn't find myself using eevee in battles much. I would use eevee to catch other pokemon and then fight gym leaders and wait a while (train it on the side to get it ready to evolve before I have it doing any harder battles).

The Wave

Something to believe in....
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
*Thank you for saying this...me and u will keep rooting for eevee!!!*

no problem, I always look at this:
there is always a way for everything, you just need to find out how. the only real question is, will game freak do that? will they grand us the possiblity of eevee as a starter?

still, I seriously hope that they will make eevee as a starter in one of the next games....

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
Years
Eevee is such a god awful, overrated Pokemon. I can honestly say that there is no time that I ever wanted to train an Eevee or evolve it. Most of the time I just let it sit where you can get one, unless i'm trying to fill my Pokedex. Eevee is a rather lousy choice as a starter, I mean come on all you can do is evolve it once and you usually have to get a stone or train at night or day and level it at specific places, so no, I don't need Eevee as a starter and he never will be anyways.

Platina Berlitz (2)

Meri Curi!
Years
As far as the main line of games goes, we have had a Pokemon starter that strays away from the traditional grass/water/fire trio.

Special Pikachu Edition, anyone? :pink_confused:

Pikachu was catchable in the wild in both red and blue, but I believe they just pulled them out for Yellow. Also, if you transferred another Pikachu onto your cart it didn't follow you around on the screen or have the special emote bubbles your beginner Pikachu had.

As for the evolution blues.. that can easily be fixed by just moving around where you can buy evolution stones, or an addition to a special event.

Anyone who's saying getting "stuck" with a normal type pokemon as your starter wouldn't be a good idea.. QQ. Not everyone fronts their team with a starter. But if that's still not enough, think back to Yellow once again: You didn't just get one, you got Pikachu and all three original starters.

So basically what I'm trying to say is.. I think Eevee as a starter could potentially work if it was a special edition of one of the existing games like Yellow was. :pink_nod:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
As far as the main line of games goes, we have had a Pokemon starter that strays away from the traditional grass/water/fire trio.

Special Pikachu Edition, anyone? :pink_confused:

Pikachu was catchable in the wild in both red and blue, but I believe they just pulled them out for Yellow. Also, if you transferred another Pikachu onto your cart it didn't follow you around on the screen or have the special emote bubbles your beginner Pikachu had.

As for the evolution blues.. that can easily be fixed by just moving around where you can buy evolution stones, or an addition to a special event.

Anyone who's saying getting "stuck" with a normal type pokemon as your starter wouldn't be a good idea.. QQ. Not everyone fronts their team with a starter. But if that's still not enough, think back to Yellow once again: You didn't just get one, you got Pikachu and all three original starters.

So basically what I'm trying to say is.. I think Eevee as a starter could potentially work if it was a special edition of one of the existing games like Yellow was. :pink_nod:

I forgot about that...lol :sleeping:
Yay another person is with me to count Eevee in as a starter...lol:cer_smile:​

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Eevee was a starter in the initial Mystery Dungeon games.

Eevee is hard to evolve and doesn't have a good movepool.

On the flip side it has 50% chance of getting a good ability (which ultimately go away upon evolution) and evolutions to satisfy many players.

But I rather have the regular starters to have a reliable sweeper.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
Years
Eh, there probably wouldn't be any elemental stones for a long time in the game, like Gummy said.

It would probably be a better idea to have Flareon, Vaporean, and Leafeon as the three starters in the beginning of the game, even if they wouldn't evolve.

They could also make something like Pokemon XD for a handheld, like you would start out as an Eevee and then you would choose a stone at the beginning.

I don't know, but I don't really thing Eevee as a starter would work.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Vaporeon, Leafeon and Flareon? Not Leafeon Becuase u can get one in Eterna...
I would say more like Eevee (later on Eterna or Snowpoint) Vaporeon and Flareon...

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 25, 2017
Well, I wouldn't mind it but it's highly unlikely mainly because you can get A LOT of types from it later game, so it's best it isn't.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
On that note, it'd be awesome to design everything about your character (like hair color, clothing, eyes, battle stance, etc.)

You mean like Runescape? Either they only let you have 3 choices for your clothing, or NO. It is hard to script it out. BUT if the technology gets better, this could be a good addition. But right now, it's a no.

As for me, I would agree to let Eevee be a starter.
-You have a big variety of eeveelutions;
-you can see its cuteness; and
-it might be a new challenge.

But there IS disadvantages. The rival would have a tough time choosing a Pokemon which can pwn Eevee easily, because we can evolve it to whatever we want, and I think the programmers wouldn't want so much trouble to get EIGHT Pokemon that has advantages over the respective evolutions.

So I think they'll do this: they'll either force you to evolve Eevee immediately at one point, when they give you a rock, so not to cause so much ruckus to the game. Or they'll continue the custom of having grass-fire-water starters.

I STILL agree to let Eevee become a starter. ALL HAIL EEVEE!!!

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Eevee would be nice as a starter, as it has it's many eeveeloutions. However, It wouldnt fit with the triangle. There is more than one type, and not many of them are weak/effective against each other.
I would like to see a change of heart in GameFreak's games. But so far, we're stuck with the usual grass/water/fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back