• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
I've searched and searched and searched for a Evolution Editor, and found a couple (like from 2008) but they don't work for whatever reason. All I'm after is a way to evolve trade Pokemon (Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, Machamp) in FR/LG while playing on VBA. I used to have a program that let you change it so they evolve at a level instead of by trade. It had an Eevee as the program icon. The program Pokemon Editor seems to be what I want BUT keeps giving me an error (InvalidArguement=Value of '15' is not valid for 'index'.) and wound up giving me a white screen when I load my game.

Help!? A method of trading or a editor to change the trade requirement would be great...

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
I have problems with Sappy mod 17.1. I've installed correctly (first version 2006 and then replacing it with the mod 17.1) I have Windows 7 Enterprise x86 and is updated to the day of the date. The problem is that when I run the application doesn't open. And if I drag the ROM. Gba to sappy, opens correctly, but if I want to file assembly. S, sappy closes saying "sappy 2006 has stopped working" HELP!!

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
Try finding an older sappy 2006 installer, then run it and install Sappy 2006. It'll register some files in the registry that it requires to run.

IF you want i'll show you a video. i'm doing exactly that you say but nothing happens. Anyway i'll do it again

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
Hey guys I'm just getting into Pokemulation and I'm trying to play Soul Silver but I heard it was bugged unless you have a patch. Can anyone give me more info on this? Or just how to play it correctly and what emulator to use?

Years
Hey guys I'm just getting into Pokemulation and I'm trying to play Soul Silver but I heard it was bugged unless you have a patch. Can anyone give me more info on this? Or just how to play it correctly and what emulator to use?

It's not bugged. It's full of pirate checks which causes the game to crash due to being emulated. The patch simply freezes these pirate checks so that it doesn't cause any crashes.
As far as I know, you have to use No$GBA for the patch to work.
If it works for DeSmuME, Can someone confirm this please?

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
It's not bugged. It's full of pirate checks which causes the game to crash due to being emulated. The patch simply freezes these pirate checks so that it doesn't cause any crashes.

It works fine on the latest Desmume, I've played the entire rom without any crashes or errors.

Years
It works fine on the latest Desmume, I've played the entire rom without any crashes or errors.

Thanks VERGUNDAI for the confirmation.

BXisAWOL, You can use either No$GBA or DeSmuME with a patched Soul Silver.
You should be able to find the patch through Google.

tnfsf11

Hey all, I've just downloaded an official GBA Video ROM containing 2 episodes of Pokemon, I tried to run it on PSP on the gPSP emulator but it's lagging and the sound is slow making the episodes impossible to watch. Is there anything I can do in the configuration to make it play normally? Any help is appreciated :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey all, I've just downloaded an official GBA Video ROM containing 2 episodes of Pokemon, I tried to run it on PSP on the gPSP emulator but it's lagging and the sound is slow making the episodes impossible to watch. Is there anything I can do in the configuration to make it play normally? Any help is appreciated :)
Have you tried VBA on PC if it's actually working?
The PSP emulation of GBA isn't that good... that might also be a reason.

tnfsf11

It works well on PC, but I'm sure there's something that could fix it on PSP;
For example I was able to play Pokemon hacks uploaded here after I changed something in the gPSP configuration file, there could be a similar solution for my ROM?

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2021
Is there a way to trade or battle in 4th gen games in no$gba using double screen? the game freezes when i try.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2021
I dont need any links or anything special i just need to know how i can get a ups or ips to a gba gb or anything like that. none of the files are working..

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Is there any action replay/gameshark code in pokemon ruby (US) for x2 xp? I want to speed up training without feeling like.I have cheated too much.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Does anyone know how to make the IPS or ups files to run on an android phone via gameboid
I have some that work but most do not. Was wondering if there is a way to make it work!

I have an old version of dark rising and flora that work if IRS zipped!

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Patter, you either have to patch on your pc or get my boy, which automatically patches if the names match.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Minidonn thanks for the quick response. I tried my boy but it just fails to load the game. I'm guessing the files are too compressed and the emulator can't run it. I have games that work but they are 15-30 megs! The IPA and ups files are like 2 megs. Any other ideas to make it work?!

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Happy new year guys, really hope this forum is still active. I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game :( any insight on how i can fix this Ash493?

Back