• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I still need to get a Micro SD card for my phone. I'd like to store my music on my phone so that I don't have to haul my iPod Touch around just for music, and so that I don't have to load up the internal storage on my tablet either.

Also, I really wish that WP8 had a button on the camera to take a photo with on screen like iOS and Android, since having to hold down on the screen or pressing the camera button on my 520 causes a bit of shakiness in most shots.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I still need to get a Micro SD card for my phone. I'd like to store my music on my phone so that I don't have to haul my iPod Touch around just for music, and so that I don't have to load up the internal storage on my tablet either.

Also, I really wish that WP8 had a button on the camera to take a photo with on screen like iOS and Android, since having to hold down on the screen or pressing the camera button on my 520 causes a bit of shakiness in most shots.

I think it's probably a good thing that microSD cards come cheap these days. I bought a 16 GB card at checkout, along with a matching screen protector. Im still getting used to the slightly smaller display: it's tripping me up.

You don't need to hold. Just tap the area you want to focus, and then keep the phone steady. The phone always takes a picture after focusing with that method.

Also, do take advantage of the Nokia Camera beta. It might be a bit slower to start, but it's very capable.

I find it interesting that my phone already came with Lumia Black installed.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Even better then! Didn't it just come out? Also, that plastic body, isn't it worse then the smooth plastic of the 520?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I like matte plastics better. Thank goodness the black cover is matte and feels soft to the touch.

Seeing as the 520 costs the same as the 525 on actual retail right now, I decided to skip the 520.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
0_0 It come in matte black? That was the one thing that stopped me from choosing WP8 over android, besides the apps.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
0_0 It come in matte black? That was the one thing that stopped me from choosing WP8 over android, besides the apps.

Actually, I am pretty sure that every single Windows Phone has some kind of black when it comes to colour choices. Black is a safe colour just in case.

Also, dark colours tend to be matte when it comes to Nokia phones.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I hope you enjoy your new phone. I'm certainly enjoying my new battery and case on my phone! I have over seven hours screen time and 58 percent battery.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I better find a real case for my phone. I'd hate to see the phone meeting an untimely end.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I don't think anyone makes cases for my phone anymore (if they even did at all). Once I get a new phone in a couple years though, I'm definitely getting a case for it. It seems like phones these days are way too fragile without it. :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm working on getting a phone case for my mom. She wants one that is waterproof, shatterproof, and coffeeproof because she's super clumsy when it comes to using her phone. I was able to upgrade her to the iPhone this Christmas (so we have the same phones again haah) and she hasn't been careful since then. There's already a small crack at the corner of her phone. >_<

Years
My mother has a generic plastic case on her iPhone 4 and my father has an Otterbox case on his iPhone 5.. it seems like with the Otterbox cases, they literally double the width of the phones.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If I could get a case that also acts as a cover for my phone... that'd be nice.

Nice topic. :3

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
ha.

hahahahahahahahaha.

i mistook this as the regular DCC though. D:

My current wallet serves as a case for my phone, which is better because I can't forget one or the other. I just take both. :D

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Seeing as my phone is so new, it's going to be tough trying to find a case. :s

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
alcatel-idol-alpha-gold-2014-01-06-14-1.jpg

I know, I know alcatel, but this things a looker. I wish Sony never dropped the light up plastic.

Years
Whoa, this is cool.. but apparently Android has an Alt+Tab feature whenever you have a physical keyboad attached to it...

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My phone has a massive case about the same size as an otterbox defender. But it has the massive battery. I'll need to actually charge it tonight lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back