• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Fire type Priority Move would stop Scizor. (Espcially if it was Special just like Vacuum Wave) [EDIT: <-I'm stupid and didn't read previous posts. I'm being redundant here]

Also Hydro Pump should be buffed (prolly 90 accuracy). It's crap compared to Fire Blast (disregarding typing).

I also hope there's no new battle format so there won't be stupid moves that only really apply to those formats (since no one really plays them). Who uses Ally Switch or Wide Guard ever?

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
A flying type stat boosting move that raises both speed and accuracy, cause I think that fits birds.

A physical Shadow Ball counterpart.

A special Earthquake counterpart.

More special rock type moves.

Priority moves for Grass and Fire types. If Aqua Jet is there, why isn't there any for Grass and Fire?

Priority Dark move, other than Sucker Punch. I don't think that's an effective priority move if it has decent BP but fails if the enemy does not attack.

Signature attacks for Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know, I was just thinking, I'd like there to be more combination attacks. You remember the moves Fire Pledge, Grass Pledge, and Water Pledge, in which if you use two of those moves, an interesting effect occurs? I'd like more moves like that, except maybe for different types of moves?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would not like more of them as they were pretty much just a BW gimmick that wasn't really embraced to its full extent. Outside of the special battles with the starters in them, they're just... weak and not really helpful. I don't think we really need more of them except to be fancy or something like that.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Why don't we have Freezing moves with a Reasonable Accuracy ?! We have 100% accuracy moves that induce Sleep then why not Freeze ? There's not a lot of difference between the two Honestly. Highest freeze possibility is with Secret Power which is only 30%. Rest all are 10% or less. Blizzard's Freezing possibility should be increased .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm I'd be a fan of that Doronjo.

@ Freezing: Keep it as it is please. :( Freeze is the worst possible status and having a proper move to freeze Pokemon would be annoying. It's hard to explain but it... sucks. XD;

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'd like to see a decent physical fire move that flareon can learn.
Something like 85 base power with chance to burn.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Hmmm I'd be a fan of that Doronjo.

@ Freezing: Keep it as it is please. :( Freeze is the worst possible status and having a proper move to freeze Pokemon would be annoying. It's hard to explain but it... sucks. XD;

But why ? It's not as bad as Sleeping. You can Thaw out.
"A frozen Pokémon can still use the moves Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Fusion Flare, and Scald while frozen; these moves will thaw the user, thaw the opponent if possible, and deal damage to the opponent" - Bulbapedia.

That's too Under powered with respect to Other Ailments.

Sleep and Poison are too darn OP in my Opinion. Spore, Yawn,Hypnosis,Lovely kiss,Sleep powder,Poison Gas,Toxic, Poison Powder. All these moves have ridiculous accuracy and a very High possibility to inflict Sleep/Poison.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
How about the legendary pokemon's signature moves? I mean, in almost every pokemon game, the legendary pokemon have signature moves. Any ideas on what they can be?

Well, I'm guess most likely, they'll be moves based on what they are going to represent. Maybe their moves will 'biology' themed if biology is going to be the main theme in these games.

Years
I'd like a move that, for 2 turns, reflects all status moves back to whoever used them.
For example, one Pokemon uses GrassWhistle, the other uses the reflect move. Then the Pokemon that used GrassWhistle will be put to sleep!

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Hmm, about legendaries moves.. I m sure that it will be based on X n Y only, just like victini's V-Create cuz he had that V head sort of thing...
Xerneas has X nd yveltal has Y...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But why ? It's not as bad as Sleeping. You can Thaw out.
"A frozen Pokémon can still use the moves Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Fusion Flare, and Scald while frozen; these moves will thaw the user, thaw the opponent if possible, and deal damage to the opponent" - Bulbapedia.

That's too Under powered with respect to Other Ailments.

Sleep and Poison are too darn OP in my Opinion. Spore, Yawn,Hypnosis,Lovely kiss,Sleep powder,Poison Gas,Toxic, Poison Powder. All these moves have ridiculous accuracy and a very High possibility to inflict Sleep/Poison.

Yeah but the whole thing is freezing can be a side effect, and those moves aren't really... used on most things, with only three p much used competitively even. Just the fact that it can be a side effect has personally left me feeling quite negative about being frozen because it occurs at the worst times.

The others I think are fine, and Toxic/Hypnosis/Sleep Powder tends to miss more often than not when I've been playing really. Plus they're only a side effect from an ability, not really a move, so...

Years
Personally I think they need to add some Ghost, Dark & Steel type move desperately... And as for me, I'd like to see more Flying type moves like Hurricane x)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Personally I think they need to add some Ghost, Dark & Steel type move desperately... And as for me, I'd like to see more Flying type moves like Hurricane x)

God yes. Flying moves are honestly terrible really. Something special outside of rain with 100% accuracy, and an okay BP would be everything I'd want. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I wouldn't want to even make a guess if it WILL be in the games or not, but I think what's most needed is a couple of 150 base power or better Poison moves, preferably even without recoil and with at least 90% accuracy, just because Poison's coverage is so poor that pretty much all they have going for them is neutral stab, but they don't have powerful enough moves to even take advantage of that. Currently, the most powerful Poison moves are 70% accuracy 120 point Gunk Shot (the same power and even worse accuracy than Hydro Pump) and 100% accuracy 95 point Sludge Wave (same as Surf). Most of the other offensive types have at least a couple of 150 point moves, and they've got better STAB coverage as well. That would go a long way toward making Poisons more viable, and without having to mess with the type chart.

Other than that, I'm content to be surprised.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Most of the other offensive types have at least a couple of 150 point moves, and they've got better STAB coverage as well. That would go a long way toward making Poisons more viable, and without having to mess with the type chart.

Lol, did u forget the condition of dark type moves... they seriously need some gud moves of bp 100 atleast, highest being Night Daze only 85 bp.........

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I've thought of an idea for an Electric-type status move (Which is quite unusual considering that there are only three of these moves around so far). How about something like a Zap Mat? It plays similar to Toxic Spikes, but instead of poisoning it paralyses Pokemon that switch in to battle.

Years
I would just want MORE moves, like at least 6. four is too little.
But I would love to see some more awesome electric or fire moves. they are usually my favorite.
Or when you have a double battle, then the 2 Pokemon attack at the same time, making a combined/combo-like move! Like a flamethrower with and electric bolt like force twirling around it....then hitting the opponent !

Back