• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Friday was an okay day for me. About to have all I could ever want for dinner (homemade fries, ham sandwiches, and mac & cheese).

Got stuck at school 'til 5 expecting to see my date for our military ball one more time out of class before it happens next Saturday. I say my "date for the ball" because our dynamic is quite complicated (think old boyfriend, controlling behavior, etc etc etc).

I racked my brain to remember todays trials, and I honestly don't remember much else. Oh, and I had a big emotional convo with her over text last night. Told her how I felt even though she already knew from months ago lol.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
i think i need to rebuild my stronghold here in chit chit & polls
or rather
expand from general entertainment

Honest

Hi!
Years
So you live in New Zeland! Damn, that's so far away from my place.

And I'm legitimately happy for this! The world's slowly becoming a more sensible place. Congrats, Chris. :3

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thank you! It certainly helps that Uruguay legalised gay marriage so recently too, because those who dare to vote against the bill would/will be seen as socially backward & just big losers, as they should be!!!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'd love to see all of the US legalize gay marriage, but it won't happen because we're a very backwards country. Virginia will never ratify it, sadly. :( At least Maryland did, though!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'd love to see all of the US legalize gay marriage, but it won't happen because we're a very backwards country. Virginia will never ratify it, sadly. :( At least Maryland did, though!

And New York! I was happy when that happened.

But you're so right, America really is a backwards country. We're too conflicted with one another.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I'd like to think that within 20-30 years, the majority of of the world (therefore, America) will look back and think 'wtf how were we ever like that'. Like how those who are not racist & ignorant look back on the civil rights movement of the '50s and '60s.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It's still illegal here in Pennsylvania, I think. Not sure, though. It isn't something I can relate to, so I have a difficult time being anything more than neutral on the matter, tbh. I guess I can understand people being upset about it, from both perspectives.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
In my state we've passed the bill through the three out of the four requirements it has to go through. Then they went on Spring Break so we've yet to get a vote on it, but I do believe they're coming back to vote on it really soon.

I'm glad New Zealand is more sensible than the US.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Haha.

I wonder why that is. Never really occurred to me, because I don't pay attention to what's "popular".

I honestly hated metal up until a few months ago. Now I'm somewhat of a metalhead, somehow haha.

Glad to hear you're coming to the metal-side! What sort of bands are you listening to? I could sugest a few similar ones if you like. [Drop me a VM if I don't respond, I tend to miss a lot in the DCC now and then.]

And an hour has passed. Yipee-doo.

So, like, how was your Friday? :I

Mine was meh. I'm kinda sad for my friend, she broke up with her boyfriend.

That sucks, buy her chocolate or alcohol, and let her know that; 'I do and always shall care about your well-being; thus I'm going to make you happy, and maybe a little fat and drunk.'

Getting a tearful smile at your bad jokes is always the first move when someones upset.
Booze and chocolate is just a personal preference though.

It's just gone past noon and it's a Saturday here, oops. Thing is.........I've been awake for like half an hour.....so.........

It's 3:21am, I woke up at 4pm today. I'm a lazy girl sometimes.

My friday wasn't too bad. I did good on an exam i procrastinated on.
Kinda sad for your friend. Tell her i'm single!

Procrastinate your way to success! I like your style.

My Friday wasn't too bad. Seems my Direct Deposit from Target has yet to work. So I picked up my cheque and got a nice $320, and whatnot. So I'm happy.

What are you planning to spend it on? You should treat yourself!

My Friday went relatively well. Got up early and finished what I had to get done today several hours earlier than usual and finished a drawing of the Rake which apparently is quite frightening, according to someone I know who seen it. Now I'm just being tired and lazy.

By the way, I ate some long-expired cheese today to prove to a family member that it really is still safe. Was I wrong? She ate a lot more of it than I did (I only ate enough to tell if it tasted funny) and now she's nauseous. .__.

I'm afraid you're going to turn into a cheese-man.

My name is Chris!!! Chris/Christopher/whatever you want!!!!

May I call you chrissy-kins?

Stick around, okay? I can do with a harlequin in my life, life's too serious sometimes. :c

Gonna drop this blog entry here, in the meanwhile. I want responses! <3

I shall give it a gander in a bit!

It's still illegal here in Pennsylvania.

Illegal eh? The danger just makes me more keen.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Somniac
I actually haven't found many bands so far that I like. I'm kind of picky, though haha. I just like certain songs from here and there.

A...cheese man...okay. I don't want to be eaten, though. Or grated. I'm also not a man. ;?

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
@Somniac
I actually haven't found many bands so far that I like. I'm kind of picky, though haha. I just like certain songs from here and there.

A...cheese man...okay. I don't want to be eaten, though. Or grated. I'm also not a man. ;?

Ah fair enough, I'm quite picky too; generally I don't just like whole sub-genres of metal, it varies from band-to-band within the sub genre. I guess i'm just a pain.

Yup, a cheese-man. Doesn't matter if youre a man, or a girl or even just cheese. You'll become a cheese-man.

Edit: Also I learned today that if a human could throw just one tenth of the power that a Mantis-shrimp can punch, then we could throw a baseball into orbit. Mother-nature is quite amusing sometimes.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha.
One of the first metal songs (I didn't know it was considered metal, at the time) I stumbled upon and actually liked was this:
Spoiler:

Darn, I was looking forward to remaining a human. D;

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Edit: Also I learned today that if a human could throw just one tenth of the power that a Mantis-shrimp can punch, then we could throw a baseball into orbit. Mother-nature is quite amusing sometimes.

Oh yeah mantis-shrimp are really powerful creatures I heard. There's two appendages on their body that move at the same velocity as a gunshot from a 22-caliber riffle and they can strike a prey with 1,500 Newtons of Force.

You probably saw this then?
http://imgur.com/gallery/Eujgs
Mantis Shrimp is probably one of my favorite animals after reading this. And I really want Gamefreak to make a mantis shrimp based Pokemon now. :/

Haha.
One of the first metal songs (I didn't know it was considered metal, at the time) I stumbled upon and actually liked was this:
Spoiler:

Oh wow, I love that song and Red so much. (Though it's not exactly metal.) I like some metal bands, more of less ones that don't use excessive amounts of screaming in their music, but lately I've also been getting into so hardcore/ screamo/ metalcore artist that use lots of screaming , like August Burns Red is one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPxKkDmh5M

Last edited:

Sir Codin

If you posted that on Metal-Archives, Slender, they'd laugh your ass right off the site.

Metal Storm, on the other hand, would be more forgiving.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't even know what that is.

I know it isn't the same as most metal (or at least the stuff I've heard), but it apparently is considered to be metal, and I like it. I haven't stumbled upon a lot of heavier stuff, but do like a couple of the songs that I've found.

Maybe I'll eventually stop being lazy and look up what the lyrics to one of them, because I have no clue what he's saying. .__.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back