• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Despite Whitney being easier than in GSC, she's still the hardest Johto leader by far in my opinion. The only one coming close is Clair but that's because dragons are always a pain for starter Pokemon, which is usually people's main Pokemon.

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
Years
I put Whitney first, then Clair. Clair's Dragon Pokemon are pretty troublesome, but that's why the Ice Path exists (as I catch and grind my new Ice Pokemon there). Whitney, however, nearly drove me insane with that Miltank of hers, especially when she decides to spam Attract and Milk Drink.

Years
I have 7 of 8 badges, and so far, Whitney byfar. I really didn't have to do any other gym leader more than twice, but she took about 3, and that effing Miltank was just frustrating.

I see that Claire isn't far behind in the poll, and it's concerning me. :(

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I was really excited to battle Whitney as she was my favorite Johto gym leader, I thought she was going to be an easy one, but I really had a tough time battling her! Clair definitely comes in second! D:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I was really excited to battle Whitney as she was my favorite Johto gym leader, I thought she was going to be an easy one, but I really had a tough time battling her! Clair definitely comes in second! D:

Same opinion here. Same opinion. That Miltank and Kingdra are too bulky a Pokemon and too strong a Sweeper. Really strong guys.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Whitney was hard, but it took my 1,000+ tries to defeat Clair's Kingdra before I lucked out. I used my Ampharos to paralyze it before it fainted, and all I had left was a Crobat. I used Confuse Ray and chipped away at it's HP (Confuse Ray worked for like four turns in a row) until I finally killed it.

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
Years
The gym leaders that troubled me were Whitney and Morty. Whitney's Miltank was just a pain, always using Milk Drink and her Attract move. ARGH! Morty was also annoying because of the Pokemon's Hypnosis attack and Dream Eater. DragoniteMySaviour, I would have to agree with you when I went to Cianwood City. Completely underleveled!!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
In the originals, I had trouble with Whitney because I had a male Bayleef and a male Growlithe.

In HG/SS the only one I ever had to rebattle was Claire, and I only had to once.

AquaFin

Mudkip Commander
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
Whitney and her annoying Milktank. Using attract nearly all the time, flinching me, healing itself. Its a pain versing her, I try get it down quickly but its defensive as a Milktank can get!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The typical answer Whitney, her miltank! Ugh

Rollout + Milk Drink with the occasional stomp always destroyed me. Buut, Rocky got rid of it easily. XD;

Reddo

Happy!
Years
Hmmm... Like I'd expect, we have Whitney and Clair ahead.

Whitney has that Miltank with rollout... it's hard to deal with it if you haven't evolved your pokémon yet. But in Blackthorn Gym, you have to deal with the Pressure of fighting mighty Dragon type pokémon... it's like you're preparing yourself for the champion... and that Kingdra can get really annoying sometimes...

I think Clair is the hardest Gym Leader...

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
Whiteny was hard when I fought her, I always was defeated by her miltank, but I`d also bought a dratini from the game center, and I trained him and then I beat her up, yay!! after that the gym leaders was`nt to hard, sometimes annoing but I handle it.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Whitney got my vote. Clair is close behind though.
These are the most annoying Pokemon of the gym leaders:

Falkner: Not too hard, never really had trouble. His hardest is obviously Pidgeotto.

Bugsy: Scyther, No questions.

Whitney: MILTANK.

Morty: Gengar. He isnt too troubling, but his Gengar can be annoying.

Jasmine: Steelix is a pain, especially at Lv 35. Her magnemites with thunderwave? Annoying.....But Steelix tops it.

Chuck: His Poliwrath is the hardest.

Pryce: His dewgong and Piloswine are as bad as each other, But not too troubling.

Clair: KINGDRA.

Top 3 hardest leaders:
Whitney (That d*mn Miltank :cer_pissed:)
Clair (That d*mn Kingdra :cer_pissed:)
Bugsy (....Scyther = annoying :cer_pissed:)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Whitney isn't hard at all for me, compared to my Gold/Silver/Crystal days. I know how to handle her.

Jasmine was hardest for me in HG/SS.

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 23
  • Hmm
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Well, if you started with Cyndaquil Bugsy's Scyther isn't hard at all, but whatever..

Whitney...she's Miltank...is weak! What's the problem is miltank's milk drink...! + she cries when she lose! She forget to give a badge! What a Gym Leader!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Jasmine no doubt. If you don't get Typhlosion as your starter or have a fire/fighting type on your team, you're going to have a really hard time beating her... dat Steelix man

Back