• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you think is the strongest Gen 1 Ledgendary?

What pokemon do you think is the strongest Gen 1 Ledgendary?

• Articuno

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Moltres

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • Mew

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
Mewtwo. Amnesia boosts Special, which at the time meant Special Attack AND Special Defense.

Also, Psychic-types back then had no real weaknesses: Dark-types hadn't been invented, the only damaging move Ghosts had was Lick (Night Shade doesn't take advantage of weakness), and I'm pretty sure that Bug wasn't strong against them either. Even if it was, their only damaging moves were Leech Life and Twinneedle, and those moves are wielded by half-Poison types.

Even today, Mewtwo's base Special Attack is absurd (154?!), and the Gen IV physical/special split only gave him access to special Shadow Ball and other coverage moves.

tl;dr- Mewtwo is the strongest. /thread

Years

Obviously, the movepool advantage is what allows Mew to overpower Mewtwo.​

Unless, of course, you take TMs into account. Mew can learn more TMs, but Mewtwo has the stats to use his better.

I had to go with Mewtwo...especially with Blizzard in G1, before they nerfed it. 90% accuracy for a 120 power attack=destruction. Practically everything had Blizzard on Pokémon Stadium.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Ugh. Why must the Fire types suffer? Yeah sure, Mewtwo may be stronger, but I still like Fire types better.

Um...ignore that last part. go mewtwo....whoo -_-

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
Years
Personally I believe Mew is the winner here I mean, it can learn every move and although in the first games that wasn't completely useful but having the perfect moveset is fun.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Mew is definitely the strongest legendary period. Mewtwo says it's stronger but it doesn't compare. Mew can learn any tm which is useful in beating Mewtwo. And if you saw the first movie Mewtwo couldn't get a hit on Mew and Mew was just playing around.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
Higher stats > learning all TMs.

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse will do a lot more damage to Mew than its puny predecessor can deal in return.

What don't y'all get? Do you think Octillery can beat Kyogre? I sure hope not, or else you'll get torn to shreds in the metagame.

JeTz

ジェット
Years
Mewtwo his stat was OMG-ness

Mew is definitely the strongest legendary period. Mewtwo says it's stronger but it doesn't compare. Mew can learn any tm which is useful in beating Mewtwo. And if you saw the first movie Mewtwo couldn't get a hit on Mew and Mew was just playing around.

Anime =\= Game

In game, you couldnt make Mew flee from Mewtwo in games.

Since you said that Mew can learn all TMs. Then I will be considering in Game.

Last edited:

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
Mewtwo > Mew

Learning all TMs is kind of a novelty thing it helps, but Mewtwo's killer stats would destroy Mew.

Anyone notice the legendary birds are kind of...unpopular?

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
Years
(never had a mew but it'd be interesting to have one)
MEWTWO HANDS DOWN!
THERE'S NO CONTEST!
(well technically thats not true, its not the pokemon thats the best its the trainer)

Back