• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IV's and the like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I've been thinking, and I've relized something. I'm not trying to troll but I think it's worth mentioning. What happened to the good ol' days when battling against eachother with just relying on nothing but skill and level? These days it's all about leveling up IV's and EV's. I blame the hacking community on this because no one really knew about them until just a couple of years ago. Sure they were in the older games, but no one cared. It was all about fun. These days...there is no fun when battling. Not at all, IV leveling up is kinda like cheating to me, and most find it as a loophole to cheat and raise their IV's using action replay for when they go online.

I have to say, I haven't done much battling since HG/SS simply because people just care about winning and not the fun aspect. Just to break it down, it's always in the manner such as this.

IV and EV's raised.
Battle.
Raise stats a couple of turns since due to IV raising so high, you get less damge.
After raising and boosting some, attack.
Keep using the same Pokemon and commence the same strategy over and over and your opponents team has completely failed.
Do this all over again with others.

That's basically how the battles are. No one really has the time or effort to raise the IV and EV's of a team, and most people who do, do it the cheating way, which is no fun at all.

Come on trainers! If you're a real true blue Pokemon Master, play the right way, the fun way! HackChu over and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back