• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's That Time of The Year Again...

Years

Christmas Gaming

So, Christmas is coming up fast and it is always a fierce time of the year for gaming fans and companies. There is a lot of money to be made in this festive period and companies, sometimes, hold back those games you have wanted for this season, so they can hope to be the top profitable company of the season.

With the release of the Wii-U this Christmas, a lot of people expect Nintendo to take the Christmas sales by storm and it is possible, but who do you think will be on top this year?

The main point of this thread, is to get you talking about what you are looking forward to this Christmas; consoles or games. Maybe you are getting an existing console, if so what?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The only console I don't have that I want is the Vita but there still aren't enough games on it for me to reeeally want one so it's not gonna be on my list.

I'll mostly be asking for games this Christmas but I don't expect to get much of anything on my list since it's mostly imports. @_@
- Pokemon Black 2 (DS)
- Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney (3DS JP)
- Professor Layton 5 (3DS)
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS JP)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS (..3DS JP)
- Journey (PS3 collection thingy)
- Okami HD (PS3)

My list is overwhelmingly Nintendo handheld, haha. And mostly everything has come out in the last few months or will come out by the end of the year so for once it feels like an actual "Christmas" list.

...that said, I might go in with my brother and ask for a new PS3 because our shared one died and that leaves my brother with no actual console of his own to take to university and co-op placements and whatnot. I've got access to one so I don't need one but I feel bad about him not having anything. :( So that's not wildly exciting or something I'm even looking forward to but I guess the slim is something new?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Really, nothing. Finally pick up Pokemon White 2. I guess AC3 because I like the franchise even though I'm not hyped for the game at all.

And... that's about it o.o

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
This is probably the most underwhelming holiday gaming season ever for me. Everything's just rote, by-the-numbers sequels. The only games I can really see myself asking for are AC3 and maybe Halo 4. And even then, odds are that if I get those, it'll be if they go on sale on Black Friday, and I'd buy them myself.

As far as systems, Wii U has no games that I want at launch, and even if it did, a $350 console is not something I'm going to get for Christmas. My family isn't really into big, extravagant gifts.

So...I honestly don't even know if I'm going to ask for anything gaming-related for Christmas. It's just a really underwhelming year. Plus I have enough on my backlog already.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I know that my relative will be getting a Wii U and I'll be hogging the TV for all Christmas. Game wise, I literally have no games I'm thinking of asking for Christmas.

Years
This is probably the most underwhelming holiday gaming season ever for me. Everything's just rote, by-the-numbers sequels.

This is an interesting point that I agree with.

How do people feel about what Morkula said? Do you agree that the 'big' titles are just 'safe' squeals to popular games?​

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Just a 3DS honestly. For the eventual release of Fire Emblem: Awakening. And a couple other 3DS games (namely Project x Zone) that I hope to see localized.

The Wii U can wait for awhile.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm hoping to get a few games, dvds, clothes etc that I'm syked for but I've got my birthday just before Christmas so not too sure what I'm getting when. Regardless I still love Christmas and I'm looking forward to it in general. Oh and possibly the Wii U!

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I'm probably going to the buy the white PS Vita or a 3DS XL (highly unlikely cause I got a regular 3DS. But if a cool Pokèmon edition 3DS like the Japanese charizard is out I'll buy it). I'll also get a few games like Mario Bros 2 for 3DS and I might buy a Wii U if I feel like it (probably not).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I already got most of the games I wanted a few months ago (B2W2, Skyward Sword, Return to Dream Land) however there's still stuff I missed, like KH: Dream Drop Distance. I'm also asking for Pikmin 3. No one ever buys me consoles, so I plan on just using my own money to buy myself a Wii U and ask for various Wii U games haha. I also would like either Mario Kart Wii or 7 because I have this crazy urge to play Mario Kart lately.

btw I love Santa Yoshi. SO HAPPY!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I already got most of the games I wanted a few months ago (B2W2, Skyward Sword, Return to Dream Land) however there's still stuff I missed, like KH: Dream Drop Distance. I'm also asking for Pikmin 3. No one ever buys me consoles, so I plan on just using my own money to buy myself a Wii U and ask for various Wii U games haha. I also would like either Mario Kart Wii or 7 because I have this crazy urge to play Mario Kart lately.

btw I love Santa Yoshi. SO HAPPY!
I don't think Pikmin 3 is out this year

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
The Wii U for me can wait for another year. I only intend on getting five games (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Assassin's Creed III, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, OoT 3D that I should've gotten gotten a while ago, and I might be getting Halo 4 before Christmas but not sure yet.) Everything else might just be clothes and things for my car.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
My gaming this Christmas will consist of the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3 - I sold my 360 last year and I didn't see the point in getting 2 and 3 when I couldn't play the original; a crappy comic book just isn't going to cut it given how much I enjoyed the first game - and likely Dishonored, provided it drops sufficiently in price. If not Dishonored, then Rune Factory Oceans. I have a small backlog of games already released that I'd quite like to play that I plan on asking for, and I know I'll get the ME trilogy because my parents will usually buy me the game I ask them for.

Christmas is a time for me to save money, rather than spend it, because the main games that I want are coming out next year; in terms of all-new releases this holiday season is a bit underwhelming, with only Paper Mario: Sticker Star attracting my interest, and not enough for me to put it above the other two games I just mentioned that I will definitely ask for and likely get. I may also import Persona 4 on Vita to see what the fuss is about (and because all I have on my Vita is Disgaea 3 right now) but otherwise it'll be something of a quiet Christmas on the gaming front.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ideally I want a 3DS and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. If that's too much for my family to get me then I can only think of two games that I would like and that's Tales of Vesperia for the 360 and Pokemon White 2. Can't really think of anything else that I want this Christmas gaming wise. Maybe Skyward Sword? Not sure.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Not really expecting much since I'm just transitioning to adulthood, and I have a job D:

I'm looking into either a WII U, a 3DS (Paper Mario!!!), or both. I'm still very busy with my DSi, since there are soooo many games I haven't played as of yet. I'm also gonna get Black Ops II around that time. I'm excited though :D

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Hitman Absolution
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed 3
Syndicate
Prototype 2

All for the 360 of course although I might not get them but oh well, hopefully I might get a PS2 if not those particular games.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
My christmas list would be consisted of this

Pokemon Black or White
Pokemon Black or White 2
Nintendo 3DS
Wii-U
Some DVD/Bluray movies

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Besides the Wii-U, i think the games that will sell a lot of copies are:

New Super Mario U
Black Ops 2 (Why?)
LittleBigPlanet Karting (might get it)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (definitely getting)

Back