• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Wow! Everything is just grat about this project:) I think it's very original and intersting that there would be two versions of the game.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
ok

Take in mind that it was a suggestion, it was just to tell you how to make your game look BETTER. If you like the big pixels on your sprites, then I don't care. It was not for you to have that attitude.

And no, I'm not like those stupid people asking stupid things. You like it that way, ok, I'm fine. Do what you want and lets see if nobody says anything.

You always have that mean personality.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years

I can't believe what you just said. "Mean personality"? Where are you getting that from? Luka has a right to get upset every now and then, especially with all of the stress for this project. I don't even know Luka, yet I know he hasn't displayed a "mean personality". Even if you don't try to force your opinions on people, lashing out because they didn't take your suggestions isn't much better.

Sorry, I just couldn't let him write that you had a mean personality, Luka. I support Blue Chrome all the way. It's an incredibly creative game, and you don't need to change anything about it. :D

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Wow man. This game looks great. I like that you're splitting it up into two, can't wait to see it in action.

Oh, and to respond for Fraot... it's his game, he can do what he wants to do. It looks pretty amazing right now, actually. Even if it would look better, it takes a lot of work to resprite a sprite. Be happy with what he's doing, because he doesn't have to do this if he doesn't want to.

I definitely support this game. It has to be one of the best games I've seen in a long time. And that's saying something. Keep it up, dude.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
We appreciated your opinion. We evaulated your opinion. We didn't think much of it. Now we want you to appreciate our judging. If not then leave this thread.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I can't believe what you just said. "Mean personality"? Where are you getting that from? Luka has a right to get upset every now and then, especially with all of the stress for this project. I don't even know Luka, yet I know he hasn't displayed a "mean personality". Even if you don't try to force your opinions on people, lashing out because they didn't take your suggestions isn't much better.

Sorry, I just couldn't let him write that you had a mean personality, Luka. I support Blue Chrome all the way. It's an incredibly creative game, and you don't need to change anything about it. :D

It was not for not doing my "suggestion", I don't care if he does or not, I meant that he should or it would be nice to resize them, not he MUST do it, why? because the game is really great and that little issue is the only one thing that doesn't fit.

You like those spirtes, i don't, equals to what Nintendo does: i didn't like Platinum's sprites.

I like this game, I'd support if I could, but I can't:
1.- I wouldn't be allowed.
2.- I'm workking on my own project.

He could answer: "Nah, I won't, sorry dude." or "Nah, don't waste your time."

Atomic Reactor

I like this game, I'd support if I could, but I can't:
1.- I wouldn't be allowed.
2.- I'm workking on my own project.

Why aren't you allowed to support it?
And just cause you're working on your own game, doesn't mean you can't support others...

Atomic Reactor

Lol, I figured it was something along those lines ;)

So, how's that character concept going?

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Wow, just wow. I just read through the thread, and I must say, it looks amazing. It seems to be a massive project, and will take quite a bit of time, but I'll definitely play it when you complete it. This has some of the most original features I've seen, especially forcing the player to continue replenishing his own personal stats.

Keep it up!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Meh...I've been working on quite some things now, but can't get imageshack to upload my images...I've been able to upload two though. Once I'm able to post the other screenshots you will see the new things in detail, but I'm going to reveal what I did anyways. I've improoved the Hygiene System HUD (displays clock and date now), removed most of the lagging, pimped up the battle interface (which really really looks cool now) and made a new Bag System. The Bag System images are ready so you can see them below.
capture003.png
capture005.png

EDIT: Yey...uploaded the new Hygiene System HUD. Shows the percentage of the bars and Time and Date.
capture040.png

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The bag looking really neat.
For about 10 seconds, I forgot this game has double the vertical res of the standard RMXP games and was like- why is the bag like that- don't get it.
But then I remembered and I think a design like that works well.
Good job on it.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The bag looking really neat.
For about 10 seconds, I forgot this game has double the vertical res of the standard RMXP games and was like- why is the bag like that- don't get it.
But then I remembered and I think a design like that works well.
Good job on it.
Thanks, it means alot comming from an awsome developer.

Ok...so here is a peak at some of the parts of the new battle system. So i changed the bottom screen and added the feature from dp that the boxes you choose your moves change color depending on the type of move it is.
capture041.png
capture042.png
capture043.png
capture044.png

Last edited:

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
From all the images i've seen with this game its been amazing but i was curious what happens when yur hygiene/energy/hunger reaches 0? if u have said it before i probably missed it and am sorry if i did. Anyways does your characters die or do u get a huge penalty?? Cuz if there isnt a big penalty people might not worry too much to mind it. Just asking since im looking a lot forward to this game.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I think he said it capped out at Lv. 200.

Anyway. I love the new battle system and bag. They look pretty cool, I must say. I like the addition of the clock to the Hygiene system.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Epic bag system man, very unique!

WTF? a Lv.142 Pikachu?
The level limit wont be 100 on your game?
The Pokemon are capped at 200, I believe Luka also solved the problem whereother trainers' Pokemon could not be higher than 100.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
For the type of attacks screenshot- move the type icons (the icon in the attack button that says what type it is) them up about 2 pixels from the bottom and about 2 pixels to the right so they aint sitting on the boarder of the button itself. It will look a bit slicker.

Right now- the 2 right sided ones (which would be attack slot 2- and attack slot 4- in the screenshots it's "Normal" and "Psychic") are too far over and not even alligned right with the left ones (they are sitting on the boarder of the attack button itself).

A good way to judge where to put it is when testing- open paint, paste the image, and zoom in. See how many pixels you need to move the image across or up- and fix the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back