• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
My disappointment is original pokemon in the game, If I want a Zubat I will play Heartgold :(

Mr. Magius

  
Years
The biggest disappointment so far, for me, is that they kept the Unova starters to begin with. :\
I'm kind of disappointed by this as well, but it makes every bit of sense for Game Freak to keep the same starters since it's still Generation V. My main reason for disappointment is the fact that I hated the Unova starters to begin with... (well, I agreed with Tepig)

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Well if there weren't original pokemon in the game, it would be kinda boring since you would only have the new ones and the pokedex would even be that big.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
About the starters, it's kinda of a dilemma for me. No, I didn't really like the starters they had in B/W, but at the same time, if I was asked to choose a different set of three starters for the game (just based on the Unova Pokedex), I probably wouldn't be able to do that either.

One of my big disappointments is the fact that we now have yet another shirtless Gym leader (the water dude). Bare chests in Pokemon games is something I haven't particularly cared for since Bruno.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
If N doesn't appear in this game, It will be a little disappointment.
If N doesn't appear in these games I will be very disappointed. v_v But if GF can make it up with an even greater plot/storyline, I'll be fine.

Years

If N doesn't appear in these games I will be very disappointed. v_v But if GF can make it up with an even greater plot/storyline, I'll be fine.

Yeah, N is such an amazing character. He made a huge impact on the series IMO.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
While I do notice the pixellation, I don't really see a technique that would improve it other than rendering three different back sprite sets for them to deal with the multiple sizes. Even if they pulled the view back or rearranged the Pokémon locations, you'd see pixels at one point or another.

I just assumed they would set it so that the screen would just stay pulled out when not attacking, so you see the whole pokemon in the frame.

But ya, It's not completely necessary.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years

One of my big disappointments is the fact that we now have yet another shirtless Gym leader (the water dude). Bare chests in Pokemon games is something I haven't particularly cared for since Bruno.

If we were talking about Cynthia or Flannery this would be a totally different story.

I would actually rather that the trainers with nothing to flaunt should really keep their clothes on.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
About the shirtless thing, sure it's kinda disappointing that they didn't put more clothes on him especially because of his weird tan, but tbh I'd be more disappointed if they didn't... since like, he's the water leader and all, plus the region seems water based etc. :x

Mr. Magius

  
Years
About the shirtless thing, sure it's kinda disappointing that they didn't put more clothes on him especially because of his weird tan, but tbh I'd be more disappointed if they didn't... since like, he's the water leader and all, plus the region seems water based etc. :x
The region seems water based? How so? o:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
i wish it was on 3ds, lol i wish they would my both 3ds and ds versions but the 3ds one come out like a month sooner, but then gf would have alot of pissed off fans

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I'm actually kind of glad BW2 aren't coming out on the 3DS, cause I still don't have one and I don't plan on buying one anytime soon. Cause I gots no money and I'm pretty content with my DSi even if the camera doesn't work. :)

Years
I'm actually disappointed about the fact that old pokemons are returning early. Take away the whole isolated effects surrounding Unova. Seeing Zubat in Chargestone cave ruin my fun...:(
And I agree with some that the new protag designs are just awful...

Mr. Magius

  
Years

This thread would cover the explanation. :3

Also at this point I'm still kinda disappointed that we don't have much information right now, I mean I'd have expected more by now. :(
Ah, well nice observations! :D

..And I know! The game's released in a few months and we have already anything :-( Hats off to Game Freak, though, for concealing it so well.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Growlithe/Arcanine in the dex this time around. They were actually my least favorite Pokemon for a while (due to my fear/allergies/dislike of dogs) until Pikachu took over that top spot.

I'm actually dissatisfied with the revealed "old" Pokemon thus far... the only ones I would bother with would be Eevee (assuming I could evolve it into Jolteon in fairly short order), and the Beldum line.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I was hoping the next Pokemon game would be a 3DS exclusive game, but sadly its only getting some perks. I do hope one of those perks will be wide screen on the top.

I was also hoping they would bring back the First party Pokemon follow you again. Always thought that was neat.

Also, The appearance of older gen Pokemon suddenly showing up is kinda saddening. Yeah we will be able to play with some of out older favorites, but it takes away the isolation effect. I hope they have at least a good reason for it.

And lastly, the male characters hair is wack, if that's even a cool word to use any more. Not really a disappointment, just kinda looks funny.

Years
I'm OK with the game being released on DS, it seems like Nintendo/Game Freak are showing respect for Pokemon players who don't have a 3DS yet.

The male protagonist's hair was something I didn't like but I'm OK with that, and I play as a female Trainer in every game anyway. The female protagonist in this game is really cute by the way.

So yeah, only disappointment was the male protagonist's hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back