• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Palladium

Which tiles should I use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
Do you mind if I make a walkthrough of this? I'll upload it to youtube it will be in proper quality.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Great going there Fire Shock! I've been loving the Updates, a few posts above.

I'm looking forward to your next release. Don't rush it. Polish it well and add all
of your finishing touches. And Hopefully it'll be a bug-free and glitch-free Beta
for release!

Anyways Fire Shock, Good Luck on this one! I've seen you've been progressing well.

More power! :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
Pokemon Palladium

Its intresting i must say
but the random battles are far too quick
its like a battle every 2 steps
but overall it is awesome

Its intresting i must say
but the random battles are far too quick
its like a battle every 2 steps
but overall it is awesome

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
For some reason it won't work on my computer. It says something about needing to know what program created it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Someone once got a hack named Pokemon Palladium as well. :P

Though I think he didn't continue it. Still this looks promising. You should've use the original FR/LG tiles since that rombase is a little bit overused and un-original for me. :3

But still it's your descision. Hoping to see more updates. Goodluck.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Trying this hack out right now. by the way, you've been nominated for Hack of the Month. Voted for you.

Good luck,

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
For some reason it won't work on my computer. It says something about needing to know what program created it.

That's because you have to patch it. You can read more about it here.

Someone once got a hack named Pokemon Palladium as well. :P

Though I think he didn't continue it. Still this looks promising. You should've use the original FR/LG tiles since that rombase is a little bit overused and un-original for me. :3

But still it's your descision. Hoping to see more updates. Goodluck.

I know they're not that original, but I like them much better than the normal FR/LG ones.

Trying this hack out right now. by the way, you've been nominated for Hack of the Month. Voted for you.

Good luck,

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Got two badges, wanting to go to Carolina, but at the entrance of the forest: "Sorry, but nobody is allowed past this point right now"

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Woah! I Just Noticed This Hack And It Looks Awesome.Specially The Screens For Beta 2.I Just Wanted To Ask If You Are Going To Add Any Generation IV Pokemon In There? I Will Also Post Any Bugs I Find And Good Luck With The Hack.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Got two badges, wanting to go to Carolina, but at the entrance of the forest: "Sorry, but nobody is allowed past this point right now"

You have to go east of Chartreuse City and use Cut on the trees. If you're still confused on where to go just PM me.

Woah! I Just Noticed This Hack And It Looks Awesome.Specially The Screens For Beta 2.I Just Wanted To Ask If You Are Going To Add Any Generation IV Pokemon In There? I Will Also Post Any Bugs I Find And Good Luck With The Hack.

I have no plans to use any Generation IV Pokemon at the moment, but that might change in the future.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hey! Fire Shock! Like I promisied, I would try out the Hack...

Well, so far, so good.
There are lots of good points, namely pros, but there are a
few cons.

Lemme list them out.

1. I apparently dislike Carolina City and Carolina Port's music.

"Why is that?", you may ask. Well, because you're a CITY,
not in a Net Center. Well, a city should HAVE city music, right?

For example: You can change the music to Cerulean City's music,
Cinnabar Island's music, (Since it's near to the sea, and apparently, Cinnabar's music gave out a "beach" theme, and which is, what I like.)
etc. Just NOT the Net Center music please. It's just... unsuitable for city music.

2. As for Carolina Port's music, same as above, should NOT have Net Center music. Again, it's near the sea, so you might as well change the music to Water Labiryth's music, (Namely "Paradise" to me.) or Cinnabar's music.

3. As for the 3rd con, which is also what I hate, is the mining game.
It's not that I hate the mining game itself, it's just that when you use a pick to hit a rock, the "rumble" is JUST. TOO. BIG.

You can at least make the "rumble" smaller. But not too small.
That won't be good, either.

Now, on to the grammar mistakes/glitches section.

Spoiler:

This is the end of my post. Please read it slow and steady.

From,
Timothy

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Hey! Fire Shock! Like I promisied, I would try out the Hack...

Thanks for the update on glitches and grammar errors. I would like to get this hack as perfect as can be. I took your advice on the music and I must say that it's a lot better than it was. As for the grammar errors I'm just about done fixing them. I'm also messing around with the rumble in the mining game to try to make it right. I was hoping that you could take a look over at beta two before I release it. Let me know. Thanks!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Thanks for the update on glitches and grammar errors. I would like to get this hack as perfect as can be. I took your advice on the music and I must say that it's a lot better than it was. As for the grammar errors I'm just about done fixing them. I'm also messing around with the rumble in the mining game to try to make it right. I was hoping that you could take a look over at beta two before I release it. Let me know. Thanks!

I really appreciate your attitude about my constructive criti.

Anyways, if you need me check up on Beta 2 for grammar errors, you are always welcome to call me up.

PS: I know a friend who is a Spriter. (By Spriter, it means that
he's an all around Spriter, meaning that he could handle all kinds of sprites.)
You are in need of OW Spriter, right?

His name is Leachim. Go search in my friends list.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
I really appreciate your attitude about my constructive criti.

Anyways, if you need me check up on Beta 2 for grammar errors, you are always welcome to call me up.

PS: I know a friend who is a Spriter. (By Spriter, it means that
he's an all around Spriter, meaning that he could handle all kinds of sprites.)
You are in need of OW Spriter, right?

His name is Leachim. Go search in my friends list.

I'm set on any kind of sprites right now. What I need is somebody to help me insert outdoor tiles. I can do indoor ones, but for some reason I can't do outdoor.

I'll be sure to let you know when beta two is ready. It should hopefully be done within the next month.

Back