• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite/Least Favourite Moves

jammi567

It can be any sort of move at all. Damaging, status affecting, healing etc.

For me, the worst move absolutely has to be Focus Blast. I'm not sure why they would give such a high powered move only 70% accuracy.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Too many favorite moves to list, but I'd say Leaf Blade, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Close Combat, Earthquake, Earth Power, Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse.

My least favorite moves are Double Team and Minimize if the CPU spams them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
I also subscribe to double team and minimise to the worst moves.
My favorite moves would be flamethrower, blast burn, ice beam, aqua jet, aura sphere.

Years
I have some favorite moves, but there aren't really all that many compared to the moves I hate. More often than not, I only hate certain moves purely because it seems like the CPU uses them just to troll me at the worst times during a fight.

Favorite moves: Return, Close Combat, Aura Sphere, and Fissure.

Least Favorite moves: Attract, Minimize, any move that paralyzes, or any move that reduces evasiveness.

Another move that I don't really hate, just hate my luck when it is used against me: Metronome

Gzomyndzor

Nature/Egg Move/IV Breeder
Years
Least favourite moves: sing and supersonic.
Whenever I use them, they always miss. The opponent? Always hits me.
Favourite move: toxic
Epic damage and takes care of those pesky double team / recover users.

Years
I have so many fave moves I can't list them all, but notable ones I like include Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam (they have wide distribution). Earthquake, Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere get some worthy mentions.

Least faves are Double Team and Minimize, cos I hate "evasion noobs" who spam those moves.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I have many favorite moves, like Ice Beam, Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, and Acrobatics. My least favorite moves are Memento and Swagger.

Years
Shadow Ball is my favorite move even though I don't even know why. It's good but not that good, cool looking but not that cool looking, etc... XD I just like it

Years
Favorites : Dark Void , Draco Meteor , Close Combat , Aura Sphere & Fire Blast .
Least favorite : Swagger and Substitute

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Personally, Razor Shell & Iron Tail are my favorite moves (both in games and in the anime).

I really dislike, my least favorite would be Roar, Whirldwind - forces another Pokemon out, and moves that make my Pokemon sleep (Sleep Powder, Hypnosis), but I only hate them when they are used against me, or when opponent uses a move to regain health (Roost, Moonlight, Recover). They are not part of my least favorite when a Pokemon in my team uses them.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My favourite moves are the 90-damage 100% accurate 15PP tetrafecta of Surf, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. I love that, evasive moves notwithstanding, they're so reliable at inflicting damage. They're the staple moves of the critters that have them, and I wouldn't know what to do without them.

Least favourite move is Sand-Attack. Minimize/Double Team - and maybe this is just my weird luck - don't seem to affect my critters as much as Sand-Attack does. One kick of that sand can send most of my team into a tailspin for whatever reason. And it's always the earliest opponents that use it for extra annoyance. Ugh.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I love me some Dances. Quiver Dance, Dragon Dance, Fiery Dance, Swords Dance, Petal Dance, Rain Dance, FeatherDance, Teeter Dance, Lunar Dance. If it learns a Dance, then I will catch it and make it learn a Dance. Quiver Dance is definitely my all-time favorite, though.

Least favorite is simple: DynamicPunch. Of course it'll hit when you use it, but it's a waste of a move slot without No Guard for me. Zap Cannon would be the same, but I've never been against it.

Years
You're in for a bonus then Cat Dog. You're getting a 5.5% increase in power since those moves each hit for 95 base power.

Pursuit is one of my favourites.

Hate stuff like confuse ray and attract.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Least: Metronome
Favorite: Metronome
I like it because there's a chance that my Pokemon can use a Pokemon exclusive move, and then it can use Self Destruct on a Steel type :/

Years
Favourite: Sky Attack, Aurora Beam, Solarbeam :)

Least: Confusion's not too bad cause sometimes it lets you hit, I'd say things that cause you too fall in love with the opponent is the worst lol :)

Years
The move that is on both ends of the spectrum as my favorite and least favorite is Metronome. It can lead to hilarious situations like a Togepi using Roar of Time or a Cleffa using Sheer Cold, but then it can also lead to unfortunate situations like your Pokemon using Self Destruct or Memento (which is my least favorite "normal" move).

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Favourite: Trick Room, Wonder Room, Magic Room, Shell Smash, Sucker Punch, Wild Charge, Solarbeam, Brave Bird, Sky Attack, Psystrike, AeroBlast.

Least favourite: Substitute, Stealth Rock, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Aura Sphere, Stone Edge, Magma Storm.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
My least favourite has got to be sing or fury cutter
Sing coz haz horrible accuracy and fury cutter coz cmon, 10 damage and 80 accuracy?!
Favourite: Secret sword (shhh..it's a secret), flash cannon(both flashy AND a cannon) or thunder (100% accuracy in rain and 120 damage)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
my least favorite moves are the one hit KO's they never worked for me, but I have some nightmares of it almost always hitting me in Pokemon stadium.

my favorite: Flame thrower, Ice beam, and the like, their reliablenot as powerfull as their more powerefull counterparts, but more accurate

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
My less favorite moves thunder wave and the rest of the status reducing moves

my favorite moves: shadow ball especially on my togetic

Back