• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

20-year-old 'toddler' hasn't aged in 15 years

Years
I don't think we know enough about aging and physiology to come to any sort of conclusion about her longetivity. Maybe her body's not reaching the biochemical milestones normally seen in other human beings, but she's still suffering from damage occurring with each cell division and other damage that just come with time. Or maybe she's not :O

I think Macchio is still aging, he just has really great skin tension and facial muscles :P

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Symdrome X condition? Man, I wish they just called it the 'cartoon age' condition! I kinda feel bad for her that she's gonna be stuck physically and mentally at age 5. I am almost certain this isn't gonna mean she's immortal. Oxidation is sometimes linked as a factor to the ageing process: it's what makes rust, and what makes an apple's flesh turn browny when left out in the open for too long. Even if she's stopped to produce the necessary hormones to develop her body physically and mentally to that of a fully-grown woman, oxidative stress will probably get to her like everyone else.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I remember hearing this a few years ago, when she was about 15, I think.

It's not as rough on her as we think, either. She's still only cognitively about five years old, I know kids aren't dumb but she isn't exactly putting as much thought into this as we all are.

outfox nailed it too, I'd imagine her condition jeopardizes her overall health rather significantly.

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
Thinking about it, it's a nightmare, at least she doesn't have responsibilities and can't think too much about her condition like us.
But if she's happy and her family is optismic about everything, it's not that bad.

Years
Thinking about it, it's a nightmare, at least she doesn't have responsibilities and can't think too much about her condition like us.
But if she's happy and her family is optismic about everything, it's not that bad.

Provided that she's kept in the dark about it (which shouldn't be too hard given that she has the mental faculties of a small child) she should live a pretty normal life. Eternally five years old. Or 5 years old until she dies, by whatever cause.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
How in the hell did I not see this when it was posted? :/

This is amazing! *Puts cap on*... The increase and/or control of cellular regeneration and multiplication (aka growth) is controlled by glands which are in turn controlled by the master Pituitary Gland. And if I'd theorize I'd have to say that this condition is due to a mutation that has halted the increase in the speed of cellular multiplication. I don't know, but what I'm trying to get at is that if the source of this condition is found, I am a firm believer that stem cells can be genetically engineered to duplicate Syndrome X. The good doctor seems to think that this will burst a new branch of medicine wide open!

I can't be sure, I'm not a doctor (yet). But this is really intriguing! Can't wait to find out more.

Back