• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
hey what exactly is the lake monster Arc? ive been curious about that ever since i saw it on the first post and i reallly dont wanna play the game untill its finished.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2018
this hack is soooooooooo good!
u totally unroll the comic storyline, Loving it is the only option i have~

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
Hey just started this hack and I'm enjoying it a lot but I have a few things to say about it. After you get Bulbasaur there are some glitches that will make your game freeze. If you walk directly strait back in Viridian Gym to the two rocks with one space in between them and face the one on the left your game will freeze. Additionally, outside the old man to the right of the gym if you talk to him will make the text with you receiving Bulbasaur again and if done multiple times the game will freeze. Don't know if these have already been reported but these are just somethings I felt should be pointed out for the next Beta release.

For the actual gameplay, all is great except imo Pikachu could use the Light ball to increase its power. I don't know if you get it later but as of now it would help.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
I enjoy this hack, but still can't understand the storyline. Maybe later. Btw where are the HMs?

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Okay, I have not stopped making this hack I'm just taking a break. I'm at the stage where I have so many Uni assessments and exams that I can't focus on this. However, I'll resume when I'm on holiday which is close =). Thank you for the support.

Very good hack havent seen any great hack for a while that i like but there are always bugs that prevent me from playing first i got 1 of the first betas and game froze on the event with misty then i downloaded beta 2 and game froze after you battle Cubone and now with 2,6 i get a freeze again lol...

Edit:

Btw im using Gameboid dont know if thats the problem

Try using VBA, and set da settin to real-time event.

This is kinda like out of topic but still in same topic XD but.....What is your opinion about Pokemon Adventures Manga so far?more awesome then anime or what?

I think it's better than the anime due to it being darker and just flat-out more interesting.

awesome hack, little tiny glitch that happened once but luckily i saved before, reloaded the state and it didnt happen after. After battling possesed rival in the top of the tower in lavender town if you go and click a on the pikachu that's staring at the fire the game freezes

Yeah, I will fix that for beta 3. Thanks.

hey what exactly is the lake monster Arc? ive been curious about that ever since i saw it on the first post and i reallly dont wanna play the game untill its finished.

It's just a filler arc I've created, it's like a side mission. Basically, it's about a "monster" abducting people and possibly killed them in the in the Cerulean Waters. The arc isn't finished yet, but I have placed hints on what exactly is the creature, and the history of it.

Hey just started this hack and I'm enjoying it a lot but I have a few things to say about it. After you get Bulbasaur there are some glitches that will make your game freeze. If you walk directly strait back in Viridian Gym to the two rocks with one space in between them and face the one on the left your game will freeze. Additionally, outside the old man to the right of the gym if you talk to him will make the text with you receiving Bulbasaur again and if done multiple times the game will freeze. Don't know if these have already been reported but these are just somethings I felt should be pointed out for the next Beta release.

For the actual gameplay, all is great except imo Pikachu could use the Light ball to increase its power. I don't know if you get it later but as of now it would help.

Thanks, i'll fix those glitches for beta 3. Yeah, I hate how Advance Map sometime reassigns code to another character. Yep, planning to do that. I'm also learning how to do temporary sprite changes (for the upcoming arc) and different method of evolution to get rid of those annoying "trade" evolution.

this hack is soooooooooo good!
u totally unroll the comic storyline, Loving it is the only option i have~

Thank you, really appreciate it =)

I enjoy this hack, but still can't understand the storyline. Maybe later. Btw where are the HMs?

IF you read the manga, it's actually more easier to understand. Basically, the manga differs a lot from the anime. The manga focuses more on Team Rocket's evil plot, whereas the anime focuses on the hero (Ash) gym battles.

Although, the character still collects badges in the manga, it is not a requirement to do so inorder to participate in the Indigo League. The badges are just there to make the character's pokemon stronger. The manga story really just simply starts off with the hero travelling to catch more pokemons and fill up Prof Oak's pokedex to prepare for the Indigo League that is startign soon, however, he then found himself competing against his rivals and eventually get in the middle of Team Rocket's scheme.

The HM aren't in the game yet, because the manga haven't really introduce them at this point yet. Sure HM:Cut and HM:FLASH existed during the bike race arc, but the "hm" wasn't really introduced until later. However, I planned to add the HM in beta 3.

This is hack is Great! I'm looking forward for the Final Beta of this Project :)

Thank you, really appreciate it. I'm taking a break now due to assessments and exams. But I'll resume after i finish.

Last edited:
Years
''BETA 2.6
This beta only fixes the lvl 100 POliwhirl glitch, where when you talk to the girl while facing her. If you did not get a lvl 100 Poliwhirl, then don't bother downloading this beta.''

The bug is still there. Also when holding down the A-button the game ressets.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Great hack, I really like it.
But I got one question: The current beta goes up to Lavender Town, right? After the Bike Event I can´t pass because that girl(Yellow? I have no idea xD)has the script of Snorlax.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
Just completely finished Beta 2.6, really enjoyed it! You did a great job with Poliwhirl's evolution into Poliwrath placing the water stone underwater.

One thing I would change is how Bulbasaur evolves. In the manga I'm pretty sure he doesn't become Ivysaur until Celadon so once you figure out how to change how pokemon evolve, making it so Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur through a certain item you can only get in Celadon would be cool because I already have a level 25 Ivysaur and I'm in Lavender Town. Additionally I'd do something similar once you reach Silph Co. because that's when Ivysaur becomes Venasaur. I would bump up the base stats of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur a little bit also. Great hack so far though! Really loved this beta it and I can't wait for the next update!

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
This is kinda like out of topic but still in same topic XD but.....What is your opinion about Pokemon Adventures Manga so far?more awesome then anime or what?

Well, assuming you were asking me and not the creator of this hack...
Honestly? I've started to like the Manga a bit more. The characters are more lovable ( And more impressive - Red makes Ash look like a Bug Catcher )
So, yeah. Much more awesome than anime.
But, given the fact that I quite literally grew up with that anime, and it's what introduced me to Pokemon, it'll always hold a special place in my broken little heart. <3

GozetaGX

Just a passerby Trainer.
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
I know that feel..I also grow up with Pokemon Anime so it still have this special place in my heart ^_^...But Pokemon Special/Adventures still better then anime~

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
At which point does beta 2.6 ends? Is the game complete or?

I came to ask the same thing. I'm really interested in this(though I never read the manga). Probably gonna start playing it regardless of whether or not this is answered.

I'm also curious, how much play time is expected of the final product?

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Just finished part one of the lets play :D

youtube.com
/watch?v=C0eolcY0w3g

Amazing Hack

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Just finished most of my assessment, so I can dedicate more time to hacking. Anyway, just finished the Lavender Town arc entirely (screenshot is available).

Created a new area in LAVENDER TOWN known as "Dream Cave"
(screenshot is available).

Also changed several stuff from Beta 2, read the Changelog
to see the changes from Beta 2 to Beta 3.

Also fixed the trainer sprite
HACK_01_zps1c8b6222.png

Just started Green Debut Arc.

I came to ask the same thing. I'm really interested in this(though I never read the manga). Probably gonna start playing it regardless of whether or not this is answered.

I'm also curious, how much play time is expected of the final product?

At which point does beta 2.6 ends? Is the game complete or?

The beta 2.6 ends right after defeating Koga in LAvender Tower.

I honestly don't know the expected play time of the final product. This is because I want to make Orange Isle playable. Therefore, after the manga story, the game would then follow the Orange Isle Arc storyline, so Kabuto Island, etc.

Just completely finished Beta 2.6, really enjoyed it! You did a great job with Poliwhirl's evolution into Poliwrath placing the water stone underwater.

One thing I would change is how Bulbasaur evolves. In the manga I'm pretty sure he doesn't become Ivysaur until Celadon so once you figure out how to change how pokemon evolve, making it so Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur through a certain item you can only get in Celadon would be cool because I already have a level 25 Ivysaur and I'm in Lavender Town. Additionally I'd do something similar once you reach Silph Co. because that's when Ivysaur becomes Venasaur. I would bump up the base stats of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur a little bit also. Great hack so far though! Really loved this beta it and I can't wait for the next update!

Okay, I'll take your suggestion. However, I won't change anything on Bulbasaur, I don't mind Bulbasaur evolving to Ivysaur. However, I will make IVYSAUR evolve to VENUSAUR through a special event.

In Beta 3, I really wanna focus on the evolutions. Therefore, I'll try to find a way to make Ivysaur evolves by a certain location or possibly event.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Reporting a bug where in Lavender Tower after beating your rival if you try to interact with the Pikachu above you it freezes your game.

Back