• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why will you be picking this game up?

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
After all of these years, and Pokemon is still one of our favorite if not our favorite game series. Why? What has it been doing right for so long that even through all of these changes, we still have no doubt that we will buy these games on their release date?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm really curious to see how pokemon will translate to 3D.. and.. I love RPGs like this where I get to collect and customize! So I'm looking forward to catching all the new pokemon and becoming a pokemon master >D!!! :3

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I don't know, it's something about exploring new places and catching new Pokémon that gets me game after game.

Also, Gen 5 with all the changes to the series' formula felt really fresh, and I hope Gen 6, besides the already obvious graphical update, will as well now that Game Freak are not afraid of shaking things up.

Sirfetch’d

I have to. I have never missed a Pokemon game why start now? Also this game will be epic. I see no reason not to buy this game. I know i will be buying both

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
First of all, because I HAVE TO. I know it sounds ridiculous, I'm not one to buy anything just because it's coming out... But I really love pokémon since Blue and I love how things have been developing over the years. I know I have to get this on release day because everything about the trailer is appealing. Except the frog starter, but it's not THAT bad, I can live with it.
The genetic hints, the awesome possible Fire/Psychic starter, the Chespin (Grass Starter) looks awesome, strong and fast. And the fact that this is a 3D Gen, which is a huge step for pokémon as we know it. I have to see it and I know I'll love the outcome, Gamefreak did a great job so far so...

Years
I've gotten at least one game from each generation. So I've got to add this to my collection!!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
^ Dat avatar.... ._.

I got a sort of weak spot for Pokemon's main series game.

And plus, I actually like these Pokemon more than the Gen V ones.
And it looks like they have put so much dedication into the designs and all the other neat stuffs they added. This is the only game that is making me want a 3DS.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Why won't I
Come on, this game is in full-fledged 3D and I like that Vulpix ripoff Fire Starter. Best out of the bunch. They better not make it Fire/Fighting and I'm going to have fun nicknaming it Mozilla

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Got to twenty years old and still playing. You can't just quit, especially on the verge of something new and innovative.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
@Gary0ak: Your nickaming it MOZILLA?! Looool. Now for the real discussion:

Because of the storyline, I love new storylines, new features: The world is TOTALLY 3D. This looks awesome. And when I finish the game I like to hunt legendaries, wonder how it will be with that 3D world?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, I've been with Pokemon since the start of the series, and as a huge fan myself, I must get it. Even if I have to wait a few months after the release date to afford it.

Also, the new graphics are eye candy and you know... I can't resist!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't want to miss out on the new games. XD; If it's new and Pokemon I'm sure it'll keep my interest!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, it's a tradition of mine to play every main stream pokemon game there is, sooo I don't want to miss out! Plus, this one actually looks quite fun and interesting!

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
To me, this one just looks really, really good. It's actually making me consider getting a 3DS, which I didn't think was ever going to be possible. I want to say I was part of this huge leap forward. The graphic output looks unreal, as well.

Back