• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Crazy Luck

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Sooo.... I just started a new save file on Black 2. Guess what? My starter Snivy had Pokerus, and it was uncovered at my second visit to a Pokemon center, which was before I even gave Hugh his map. I have never had Pokerus before on any of my Pokemon (I have actually been playing Pokemon games for awhile, like since Leaf-green and Sapphire), so this was quite surprising to me.

Summary: My starter got Pokerus before I caught any other Pokemon and before I finished the tutorial area.

Now what I want to know is if this has happened to anyone else. So, has it?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I remember having Pokerus as well, but only on one occasion after many resets. It's as rare as finding a shiny (Which I haven't even encountered yet) and it's even stranger to have Pokerus so early in the game. The cool thing is you can pass Pokerus to other Pokemon you catch. Grinding is also a good idea in this rare situation.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The only way I was able to get Pokérus was by trading with a friend, who offered me a level seventeen Wingull that was inflicted by this virus. She caught this Pokémon in Emerald, apparently. Then, she transferred it to Pokémon Diamond via Pal Park and later to her Pokémon Black version. d: I was very thankful to her for allowing me to get a hold of this Pokémon. By having it on my team to for ten to fifteen minutes, I was able to spread the virus to the rest of my team members.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
That's amazing ShadowWhirl, I had the same thing happen to my most recent team in White 2 - all Watchog team, by the time I reach Virbank City, I found out my entire team had PokeRus as well, before I had never encountered it before in any games.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So lucky! I found Pokerus in the wild in my B2 as well, but I was already near Victory Road. I was very, very surprised, considering it's even rarer that a shiny! At that point I already had a few Pokemon with Pokerus though, that I actually got from a PC user that I traded with last year. Still, beating those impossible odds, it was definitely a great feeling!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I was unfortunate! I received a Pokemon with Pokerus from my BW GTS, thought it was my lucky day! (Note: prior to this, I did not know about Pokecheck yet.) So I happily spread that contagius decease!
Then one day I learnt about Check, so I decided to try using it. It said the Pokerus it was ineffected with was from hack. So I have to released those hard trained Pokemon.... :( Devastating...

Years
In a Monotype in White 2, I found a shiny Audino before my second badge. And then, after my sixth badge (near Undella Town), I got Pokérus. Shiny and Pokérus in the same play through? Yes please. =D

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
No, that is exceptional luck. Be glad that your luck was finding Pokerus early in-game, as opposed to finding a shiny before the tutorial...

Years
I've had a little bit of luck on both White and White 2, finding a Shiny Ducklett on the former, and catching an Absol with Pokerus in the latter. The Absol I found was only the second time that I had managed to find a Pokemon with Pokerus in the wild, and the only time I was actually able to save afterwards (the first time was a Geodude on HeartGold when screwing around on a new file- with my old one still saved).

Years
I was never lucky when it come o rare things in pokemon(shiny and pokerus), till playing pokemon black 2 the only time I had pokerus was Emerald, but in pokemon black 2 I got three pokemon with pokerus before even beaten the league!(and its not like have caught alot of pokemon, just six for the team and another to for HM).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've only ever gotten the even-rarer-than-shiny-Pokemon Pokerus in my first play-through of Emerald. I was in the cave at Rustboro City (the one with Makuhita and Aron) and I caught a Sableye with Pokerus. That was one of my most memorable moments. Unfortunately, I accidentally saved over that game file and lost that Sableye. ._.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
One of the 3 Shinys I've captured (across all DS Games) Was a Shiny Graveler!

Why is that impressive? IT KNOWS SELF-DESTRUCT!

That was a pulse-pounding encounter!

Years
I didn't know Pokerus was so rare to find. My first Pokemon that caught Pokerus was in Sapphire. I was trading with my cousin from Emerald and it got there. Then I passed it to my other Pokemon and now I have the virus that came from Emerald in Black 2 haha Now I have to find a Shiny Poke. Still no luck :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
No lucky starters here. Nothing amazing happened in BW2. In Pearl, the first few Shinx I bumped into and defeated gave my team Pokerus. In Black, the first Cottonee I encountered was shiny. :)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I just hatched a Charmander. The first egg had Outstanding IVs and HP Grass 70.

One Egg. Or, in other words....

My Charmander isn't like other Charmander. It's like in the Top Percentile of Charmander!

Years
I've never really encountered Pokérus at all either, but I mean that has got to be a really good coincidence! The first time I encountered Pokérus was when a friend had a Zorua with it and traded it to me.

Years
I've been blessed with bad luck in my Black 2 as far as shiny encounters and Pokerus goes. I have yet to find any Pokemon with such characteristic on my current Black 2 playthrough for that matter.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I have yet to find Pokerus on any of my games (in the games where I've gotten it, someone else has given it to me). It's neat that you found it so early, though I don't know how helpful it will be at the beginning of the game (before you have access to good EV training areas). Just make sure to spread it around to several Pokémon (and box some of them) to make sure you don't lose it inadvertently.

As for shinies, I've had very little luck with shinies in fifth gen. I found my first fifth gen shiny yesterday when playing through a White 2 file I'd never beaten. Unfortunately, I was paired up with Bianca in Reversal Mountain at the time, and she killed the shiny Skorupi I found before I had a chance to knock out the other wild Pokémon or Bianca's Pokémon. Ugh. I hate the can't-aim-when-there-are-two-Pokémon-present feature.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
Years
Caught pokerus in the desert in White Version. But I got a lot of pokemon stocked with pokerus that can spread to others. If anyone needs it I would be glad to trade one ;)

Back