• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Do a nuzlocke, or (Shameless Advertise Mode Activate) do my challenge, the Dual Type Challenge Thread, where everybody goes when they want a step up from Monotypes! Prepare for a new challenge, a new experience, new thrills, over my challenge thread! /brick'd

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
You should do it. Do a Psychic Monotype or something (Catch an Abra and teach it all the punches and then you win). It only takes me like an hour and a half.

Speaking of challenges not taking a long time, do you think we could pull off something like:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Speed Challenge
In this challenge, you simply sign up saying what game you want to play, and then someone else signs up with the same game. You then go head to head in a race to see who can complete it fastest. Emulators are necessary, so that you can see how far each other are. In order to make sure there is no cheating going on, we ask that you (this is the only part I'm not sure on. What program should we tell people to have so they can see each others screens. I know skype can do it, but I don't know if you can do both screens at the same time. I've used teamviewer, but that also means they can mess with your computer if they want to. There also might be other programs out there, so what do you guys think).

Once you find someone to race, contact them via PM/VM and ask if they are ready to start. Once both parties are ready to start, go for it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think? If it gets the thumbs up, and gets popular enough, I was thinking we could even do a little tournament to see who the ultimate speed champion is!
I like the idea of the Speed Challenge, but I don't know if you would need to get two people to compete against each other at the same time. Maybe change it so if it's an update challenge you have to screenshot the save screen and include it within your update. Then keep a track on the fastest times from there.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think I'll actually participate in it as well if I can find a game to do it on, and yeah. You could even add elements from Nuzlocke to make it even harder, like you have to battle every Pokemon you run into and that you can't grind in the grass or stuff like that (I don't know the rules of Nuzlocke, but yeah :P).

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
Could swear speed challenge was alpha fan, or at least, it's similar. I have no objections to it, but I do agree it doesn't need to be a competition, unless it's some kind of event, and of course, it'd be all in good fun. I wouldn't participate though, as I take my time playing games, especially since I have an obsession with being overleveled for...everything.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, it is sort of close to Alpha Fan. Meh, maybe this will catch on better. Instead of "ZOMG WE NEED THE REKURD!!!" its more of a friendly competition. Not nearly as much pressure, which is why Alpha Fan died mostly, I'm still working on it as hard as I can.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Lol, new thread title.

I would probably do that speed challenge, I could probably figure out how to use livestream, since my best friend does it a lot.

BTW, to add to the earlier generation talk, I'm wondering why it takes everyone so long to beat Red. I really don't have to grind that much at all. I went right in on my last Crystal challenge with only Charizard and Raichu, with barely any prior training, and KO'd everything easily. Same with my Crystal Username Challenge. ._.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
Red isn't even that hard, in HGSS or GSC. The hardest thing about fighting him is that damn Snorlax, and even then, it's not as bad in HGSS without Rest + Sleep Talk (I think that's what it had). It just takes a long time to get to him with all the gyms and what not. I think that's the tedious part. Training though? I have beaten him with Pokemon that just got to level 50. Nothing fancy.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think the main problem with Red is that people read and see his high level Pokemon and think "Oshi-" and think they need to train lots before battling him, when in reality, he thinks it's smart to keep using Thunderbolt on a ground-type Pokemon.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
He also thinks it's cool to use Pikachu on level 81 before the Light Ball was invented.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Red does seem to have strong Pokemon, but he's a total nub when it comes to battling fo' real.

Also I've been thinking of another challenge, but different from the normal challenge. A Battle Tower/Frontier Challenge! You wouldn't need to start your 4th gen games again for this either. Simply you run any Frontier place you like, although Tower is preferred, choose the Pokemon you wish to use for the entire time and see how far you can get using just those three Pokemon. To make it harder, you could have restrictions on Pokemon, like no certain Pokemon or even try doubles or even go in with a friend if you have Wifi.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
That would be really fun. I think I'd enjoy doing some doubles frontier stuff with someone.

What about this idea? I've broken it into steps.

1. Get a partner. Or you could do it by yourself, but with a partner is more fun.
2. Play through HGSS (or DPPt if you can do it on that game). Your partner does the same.
3. Find another team that signed up in the challenge.
4. Team battle them. Its different than battling in the wi-fi section of Pokecommunity, because for that you have teams meant for competitive battles (I think) and stuff. With this your team is set for challenges, so your movesets would be much suckier.

Enigma

Years
That would be really fun. I think I'd enjoy doing some doubles frontier stuff with someone.

What about this idea? I've broken it into steps.

1. Get a partner. Or you could do it by yourself, but with a partner is more fun.
2. Play through HGSS (or DPPt if you can do it on that game). Your partner does the same.
3. Find another team that signed up in the challenge.
4. Team battle them. Its different than battling in the wi-fi section of Pokecommunity, because for that you have teams meant for competitive battles (I think) and stuff. With this your team is set for challenges, so your movesets would be much suckier.

I strongly approve of this idea. :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Not sure on the Pokemon Online thing, but I like the wifi idea.
To elaborate on myrrhman's Speed Run idea, if you can find a friend to do it with at the same time, after every gym/important event the two people should have a Wifi battle with their current teams to see who is better at the time.

Also from reading Shiny Politoed's comic Nuzlocke run makes me want to do one now, and the comic made me lol so hard. I think my favourite line was this:
"Suicune makes me moist. I wanna see it dglkjfslfa. SUICUNE! *creepy face lick*"

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Not sure on the Pokemon Online thing, but I like the wifi idea.
To elaborate on myrrhman's Speed Run idea, if you can find a friend to do it with at the same time, after every gym/important event the two people should have a Wifi battle with their current teams to see who is better at the time.

Also from reading Shiny Politoed's comic Nuzlocke run makes me want to do one now, and the comic made me lol so hard. I think my favourite line was this:
"Suicune makes me moist. I wanna see it dglkjfslfa. SUICUNE! *creepy face lick*"
The only problem there would be that if people aren't in the same place at the same time, then one has to wait for the other. Also it makes you save, so there would be no way to make sure your time doesn't rack up while you're battling.

And yeah, I tried making a comic one time. It was really fun, but really hard.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
HGSS > DPPt, obviously. (:

I strongly approve myrrh's idea. I also think if we don't have WiFi (for instance, me and chaos don't >.<) can post screenshots of our team then put them on PO... or wait, we have to find out the IVs, so that might not work...

:| crap.

PS : Mmm, Alternative, I think you're becoming a challenge regular. :-D Yeah that's tasty. ^_^

Enigma

Years
The only problem there would be that if people aren't in the same place at the same time, then one has to wait for the other. Also it makes you save, so there would be no way to make sure your time doesn't rack up while you're battling.

And yeah, I tried making a comic one time. It was really fun, but really hard.

You could always pick someone that's on par with your speed at completing challenges. Also, the wait wouldn't have to be as long. I know it's hard to find a person that's exactly your speed, but as long as you get someone close enough, it should be alright.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
HGSS > DPPt, obviously. (:

I strongly approve myrrh's idea. I also think if we don't have WiFi (for instance, me and chaos don't >.<) can post screenshots of our team then put them on PO... or wait, we have to find out the IVs, so that might not work...

:| crap.

PS : Mmm, Alternative, I think you're becoming a challenge regular. :-D Yeah that's tasty. ^_^
Just make every Pokemon have 31 IVs and 0 EVs?
That'll work fine, unless you have Hidden Power on your moveset. If so you have to show on which Pokemon it does SE damage so we have proof it's the right Hidden Power Type.

We can also take screenshots of the PO battle with PrtScr (Print Screen) so that's good.

Enigma

Years
Omg, finally I can move on to another challenge. I have a whole bunch that I've signed up for, but haven't gotten to yet. I hope to finish at least another one tonight, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back