• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Look at me! I'm telling you how I feel.

Guy

just a guy
Years
What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel? In either of these moments, how does it/would it make you feel in this particular situation?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Probably the former, I have a really hard time with that and always have, Im not good at expressing feelings.

Years
It's easier to be the one with all the feelings because they buoy you, drive you. When someone does it to you it can be really awkward because really excited, angry, or sad people can be unpredictable.

I don't like making eye contact in general though.

#isthenumbersign
Years
The former. For the most part people are nervous when they have to express themselves to others. So when someone's telling me something they'll be looking away, I have no trouble keeping eye contact. But when it's my turn to talk, the roles reverse and I'll be like looking in all different directions.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Depends on who it is. If I was confessing my love to... her... I would probably get nervous, but that's a sign of being genuine. So I'd be able to do it.

It... really depends on the situation. If she was telling me something I didn't want to hear, I'd still kiss her. She at least deserves to know how I feel, too, before I deal with heartbreak and wither and... let's not go there. I'm going off on a tangent again xD

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I find the former muuuuuuch harder. Mainly because I don't tend to tell people much of how I feel at all and when I do I just feel kinda awkward and uncomfortable so making eye contact is really hard when I'm doing that. Honestly I... don't find it difficult at all making eye contact with people normally and especially not when they're telling me how they feel - I make a point of doing it to show them that I'm engaged with what they're saying to me since it's probably important to them.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
The former. I currently like a girl my own age but every time I try to tell her how I feel about her, I tend to freeze, not even glance at her, or I just run away. So I write her notes instead.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
The former, I can't really do the whole telling people what I feel while keeping eye contact thing. It's really hard and awkward for me...but I am able to do it when I make sarcastic comments, it lightens up the mood.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Tbh i don't feel comfortable when someone look at me in the eyes i don't like that (say goodbye as we dane with the devil tonight don't you dare look at him in the eyes) sorry couldn't resist

however i like to look in the people eyes whenever they telling me something important like the truth about something because if the person lie the eyes can never lie

when it comes to telling how i feel ..AT ALL i don't like anybody to look at my eyes..i sometimes say that with my back to the person or even leave a text somewhere...i just feel embarrassed in emotional situations and saying how i feel lol

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Definitely the former. I don't like telling people how I feel, I find it really uncomfortable. So I wouldn't be able to look them in the eye for fear they'd laugh and think my feelings were stupid or something :P.

But looking people in the eye when they're confiding in me I find really easy. I had no idea this was something anybody struggled with.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Depends, but The Former because I find it hard to look people in the eye sometimes and say how I feel without looking at something else or trying not to smirk or anything.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
What is more difficult for you, looking into someone's eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone's eyes when they are telling you how they feel? In either of these moments, how does it/would it make you feel in this particular situation?

I rarely tell my feelings to people unless they are really close to me as I am quite a private person. In those rare occasions when I do, I can't look directly into their eyes. I try my very best, but it makes me quite uncomfortable. On the other hand, if people are talking to me and telling me how they feel, I will look into their eyes, no matter what our relationship is. I take other people's feelings very seriously. I want to get to know and share how they are feeling, to be in their shoes for that small moment. I am a much better listener than a talker, so this is what I do best.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
the former, definitely. i'm not one who is comfortable with expressing my feelings verbally, especially if those feelings are intense (like intense anger or anguish or something). i actually find it a habit of mine to quickly avert my eyes whenever i talk to someone about serious matters. i'm actually uncomfortable generally to look someone in the eye in a conversation... except when it comes to public speaking. for some reason, it's easier to look people in the eye in that situation.

atria

Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
In both situations I feel really awkward, especially if there is crying involved.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm good at telling people how I feel, because I'm comfortable with expressing my emotions and inner thoughts. I don't find it hard to talk to someone, eye to eye, and confess about something. I find it harder when they look me in the eye, and confess, because I have a sensitive side.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
If I ever told people how I feel nowadays I'd be locked up in a mental ward never to see the light of day again, just saiyan.

Back