• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats the least amount of pokemon you used in the Elite Four?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I remember defeating the Elite Four (or close to defeating it) with just a level 70+ Fearow and a level 50+ Feraligatr in my very first game (Silver). I wonder how I even made it that far! xD

Years
Probably 2 in Pokemon Emerald, Rayquaza (lets face it the game is begging you to just use him, lv70 before the weakest pokemon league of all time) and Swampert to cover anything Rayquaza couldn't kill.

UltraPyrus

Wizu Wizu!
Years
I did a solo-run of SoulSilver with a Quilava (not a Typhlosion; I gave it an Everstone) and it was around Level 70 when I got to the Elite Four ;-;

Years
When younger I used to play the games with only the starter pokémon(I didn't really like training), so I've beaten the elite 4 with only 1 pokémon in gold, crystal(Typhlosion), ruby(Sceptile and Blaziken), fire red(Charizard and Venusaur), emerald(Sceptile and Blaziken again), pearl(Infernape) and soul silver(Typhlosion), maybe I used other pokémon for healing.
Now I enjoy having a 6 pokémon team so I don't do it anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I think I actually did it with one on Emerald. Just Rayquaza. This was back when I had no other games, no Xbox, no life etc. so Rayquaza was lv.100 and I was just getting everything else to as high level as possible using exp. share (mainly due to my belief that Kadabra, Seadra etc. had to evolve eventually, right?).
So yeah, I've done it with one. And probably only two moves - Fly for Dusclops, Outrage for literally every other pokémon.

Years
My Lv. 90 Mew could do the entire Hoenn E4 (with Steven as champion) by itself, without taking a single hit... Everytime. The first time I did it i nearly cried with joy.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
A single level 100 Articuno in Pokemon Blue, I believe. Back in the day, when G/S were still the newest games, a lot of time was spent leveling up all of the Pokemon in the games me and my brother had (actually, it was mainly my brother who did this. He even set a goal to catch all the Pokemon in his Gold version, and get them all up to 100. He never actually did get that far, but he did get an impressive amount up to level 100, only to lose them all due to the internal battery running dry D:), and I just wanted to try and beat the E4 with a single Pokemon. Articuno was one of my favourite Pokemon back then, so I just went with that one. It took a few tries, but after some time, I did do it, and I was pretty happy about it. Never actually done anything like it ever since, but then again, I haven't gotten a Pokemon to level 100 since Silver either :p

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
A level 100 Blaziken I had back in the day was able to do the entire elite four of Hoenn on his own. It was really a masterpiece to watch, no overheat was used that day. Although, I think I did the Sinnoh league with a lower level Pokemon by himself, not sure though.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I successfully vanquished the post-game Black Elite 4 with only a Level 100 Empoleon several times. It did get difficult on the odd occasion (particularly with Marshal) but it was smooth sailing for the most part.

MistressShiki

~Dragon~
Years
  • Age 27
  • NJ
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Hmm, the only one I remember is in Diamond. I only used a Empoleon and a Staraptor. They weren't overly leveled or anything and I had to revive them a lot, but they came through in the end. =)

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
if your refering to a first Pokemon League clear, my least was 4 members in Platinum consisting of only: Infernape, Floatzel, Luxray and Staraptor

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Back in the day? Only Blastoise in Gen 1. Nowadays I try to have six Pokemon by the time I reach the E4, even if I have to deposit some of them afterwards.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
In Emerald, I used 3 Pokemon to defeat the Elite 4. However, that was post-game. I had enough time to train my team to a high enough level. I know I used Latias, but I cannot remember the other two.

The only time I considered beating the Elite 4 with a couple of Pokemon during the actual story was in HG. I could only use 4 Pokemon, as it was a part of a challenge. I used Blaziken, Absol, Altaria, and Metagross. Lance's Dragonites gave me loads of trouble, but I finally beat him.

I should really try a Solo challenge sometime, hmm.

Back