• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
It does say the Netherlands among the list of places where you can get the events.

Is there some one on here who can tell me exactly where? Google is no help with this at all, it says EB games but the closest one is Germany, but did get a hint about a store called the "Game Store" but not sure where that is.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Pokérus

The other day, I did a GTS with a Ivysaur, who was once affected by Pokérus, but had that straight face meaning it couldn't spread it, right?
I also heard you cannot get a Pokérus from just running from a wild Pokémon battle, right?
I was searching for a shiny the other day, looked at my Pokémon stats and all of them in my party had a Pokérus!
I've been wondering how it's happened since it couldn't have been the Ivysaur that's given it, since it's in the box and also can't be wild battles since all I've been doing is running.
The only thing that I can think of is that recently I was breeding my Ditto with a Japanese Solosis, but I don't think that could affect anything?
I know the Pokérus is a good thing, but I'm just REALLY confused to how my Pokémon have got the Pokérus out of nowhere!
:mudkip^_^:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It actually does come from a randomly encountered wild Pokémon. The Pokémon that you battle with is the first to get it, and once a Pokémon has it, every battle you participate in following acquisition is a chance for it to spread to the rest of your party so long as that member stays in your party for each battle.

When I first got it, I thought I got it from the Larvesta on Route 18 (the gift Egg). However, I now think it came from a battle on Route 18 since Eggs typically don't hatch with Pokérus.

I also got Pokérus in a hack. Again, I was training and not paying attention and saw it suddenly on my party. On both games, I've infected other members of my party and stored them in the PC to maintain the "disease" since any Pokémon stored at midnight game time will not lose it.

Years
With the upcoming closure of the Dream World for the Gen V, is there any other way to reset EV's without using berries?

Years
So the easier way would be trade them to BW2, reduce the EV's there and then trade them back, since there's no way to do it in BW. That's too bad.
Thank you all for the answers (:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Actually, after the BW GL closes, this will be the best time to use cloning abilities to clone items in Action Replay since you can no longer grow them. Or play it normally until it closes, make sure to export all of your items, then run a max berries code since you'll never have another opportunity to grow them.

On the one hand, you'll never be able to transfer any of the Berries to Gen. VI. You'll have to start over in the new GL.

Years
Yeah, but since I don't use Action Replay or cloning methods, aside from trying to gather the highest amount of berries, my only shot on resetting EV's would be trading the Pokemon to BW2 and do that Barber and Cafe stuff, Cerberus mentioned, and then trade it back. Or I misunderstood something there?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, but since I don't use Action Replay or cloning methods, aside from trying to gather the highest amount of berries, my only shot on resetting EV's would be trading the Pokemon to BW2 and do that Barber and Cafe stuff, Cerberus mentioned, and then trade it back. Or I misunderstood something there?
Some Berries reduce EVs. I think you're overlooking that.

Years
Hi! Just a quick question - If you battle people in multiplayer, does it show up in your Pokedex? I'm just curious because of how the online trading works in this game. Thanks!

Years
Hi! Just a quick question - If you battle people in multiplayer, does it show up in your Pokedex? I'm just curious because of how the online trading works in this game. Thanks!

Nope it doesn't sadly, you need to see them in-game to get them registered in your Pokedex before you can search for them on the GTS. Pokedex data only gets recorded as "seen" if seen or obtained in-game, not in multiplayer.

Years
Nope it doesn't sadly, you need to see them in-game to get them registered in your Pokedex before you can search for them on the GTS. Pokedex data only gets recorded as "seen" if seen or obtained in-game, not in multiplayer.

Thank you for your reply. I see. So how do people ask for rare Pokemon or Pokemon from other generations on the in-game trade option? If this question makes sense lol

Years
difference between IV and EV?

IVs are those hidden stat values that are set and are different on each individual Pokemon, however when breeding you can pass down the IV stat you want by holding the corresponding Power Item.

EVs are points you accumulate towards your stats when you defeat certain Pokemon, or use certain items, like vitamins. EVs are essential towards having good stats in competitive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back