• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
After his comment, Hanso had remained silent as the conversation progressed. For him, the only highlights were that: this Ragnaros "Bloodthirster" Phylax was a descendant of the Dragonheart, and their group now had a Pokemon who could fly. As the conversation closed, Vigil announced that it was time for sleep. Which meant that Guardia's questions would remain largely unanswered for a time.
Oh, well. It will get her in trouble if she's not careful.

~~~~~

That was a weird dream.

Hanso was one of the early risers; he was eating some of the food he'd brought when Vigil woke up. Hanso had already done everything he'd needed to except pack up his things again, and he did that when it was time to move on.
As for the dream, Hanso was fairly certain he'd never had one like it after childhood. He didn't even remember much of it now, beyond the fact that all his unanswered questions were jumbled around in it. There was the medallion that Vigil still carried, to his knowledge; the unknown story behind Defender's bracelet; a bit of mystery around Kivir, since he seemed to not be of the Gold Tribe; the other questions Guardia had asked yesterday; and the simple questions of where everyone had come from.

"You guys go on ahead. We'll catch up."

Hanso watched as Vigil and Defender dropped behind the group. If walking backwards to watch the two of them wouldn't have been so obvious, he would have done it. The Gallade shook his head to himself, dismissing the idea. The leader would have a good reason for staying behind. His gaze swung around to Speculum. He wasn't too interested in the Ditto's monocle that Guardia had asked about, so Hanso looked among the others, stopping with Wildfire. She had been the subject of Guardia's last question, and it really wasn't often that Hanso saw a fire Pokemon with black-and-blue flames.

After a few more moments, Hanso sighed and looked up into the sky. Guardia was right about them not being talkative. It looked like he would have to start the talking this time. "If no one minds," Hanso started, addressing the whole group as they walked along, "then I think it would help if we all knew what hole each of us popped out of recently. We could start with you, Wildfire." I just hope this conversation doesn't merit any more attackers.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Rosaleon "The Window" Vermillia

To her expectations, the hall of the building was marvelous. She always admired the craftsmanship of architects. Rosalee's attention to the rug and curtains was taken away by Frost who asked her a question as if she didn't belong here.

"Enjoying myself," Rosalee answered, her tone impersonal and almost dreamy. Quickly after a more logical and likely answer was given. Yes, she was sent, of course. She had very little reason to be here otherwise. She was glad someone else wasted the words for her, she really didn't enjoy going on that long an explanation. It wasn't fun when she was talking to her peers. After Deluge, the answerer, finished speaking one of the Ancients, a Kabutops, arrived. It (as she referred to all of them) was out of breath and tired. Probably from running. She watched it, half amused as Frost addressed it, obviously unhappy.

"Riots in the city streets. Rebellions in Albia." The Ancient answered, breathless. A smile came across Rosalee's face. Rebellion, eh? It seemed as if the entertainment started just as she got here. As if it was waiting for her.

"Oo," she started, pleased. "A rebellion? I can't wait." The Chansey looked towards the door which she'd just entered, now eager to leave. "We'll be going now, yes?" Or did she have to wait for some... Plan. She really despised waiting.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Gladius Clipeum

Gladius had been silent for most part of the meeting and the travel. Korhal Mountains or Eden Forest, either choice they make, they would be facing equal dangers, one of natural descent, the other of civilization's effect. Gladius was half-glad that they chose to go through Eden Forest. Yes, he knew of its story and its inhabitants. He perfectly know of the danger that going through the Eden Forest pose, but he prefers death by action instead of choosing to die cold in the Korhal Mountains.

When the group started to move, Gladius was also silent. Yes, he's not much of a talker, but he was being abnormally silent, for reason only Arceus knows.

He felt something inside him stir up. Something he needs clarification.

He had seen death a thousand times, and ever more recently. But in their siege of Eternity City, he'd seen the worst? Why do civilians need to die? What does the Silver Tribe really want? Gladius is thinking a lot of things, and he needs to clear his mind.

(OOC: Sorry for the sucking returning post! I will be back to full power soon!!)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

Zane made a short jog, and eventually he had returned to the place the group was at, just as TrueStriker was asking a question of Wildfire related to her flames. Wildfire replied in a somewhat cold manner that seemed to be her norm.

"...It is apart of my Blaze ability. I'll be able to increase my speed as the black flames erupt, so that when I moves I appear to be nothing but dark flames, thereby earning my title: "Wildfire", for my fires spread as quickly as a wildfire and are near as deadly."

"Heh..." Lyn began to say as a reply. "Quite an ability you have there. Remind me not to piss you off in the future."

Zane could help but chuckle a bit to this as a reply. He heard Hoodhide speak to her now.

"Kinda-a darkpersona you gotthere, huh?" Hoodhide chirped, a smirk on his face. Wildfire gave him a cold look, before speaking. "...Perhaps. Before I was a Gold Tribe member, I lived on the streets. Perhaps it had made me like this."

Hoodhide's smiled dropped, quickly trying to apologize. "Errr, yea sorry I-didn't-know..." Wildfire just shrugged it off as she continued to walk. Zane didn't know as well. It was quite interesting the things one could find out about the brothers and sisters they walked with. Zane wondered what other secret lives these Pokemon had...

The rest of the day was spent walking the remainder of the way to Eden Forest. The plains were a nice, pleasant path to walk across. If Zane would have said anything were to be wrong with it, it would be that it was a bit too peaceful. Although he wouldn't be able to see it, if he looked to his left, he knew that Albia was there, under the iron first of the Silver Tribe. If he looked right, he knew General Belas and Hazone were marching now to Gravel City to secure it. But here on the plains? You couldn't tell any of that was happening.

It wasn't before long that Zane saw their destination in front of them. He saw Guardia smile as they approached the edge of the forest, Thieves Forest. "There it is..." She said under her breath. The group stopped right in the front of the trees. They looked around, it seems waiting for someone to do something. Calamity eventually spoke up.

"...What do we do now?" He asked. Guardia looked left and right, before turning to them.

"Well, first off, put away your Gold Tribe emblems. We don't want them trying to kill us on sight." Zane did as she asked. The others followed soon after. Guardia soon continued to speak. "No one is here. I'll go around the sides and look for someone to guide us in. There's usually one or two guys hanging somewhere around..."

Zane began to protest. "Guardia wai-" He stopped as she ran off already, leaving them standing there. Zane crossed his arms as he looked over the trees in front of him. They looked just like normal trees, and this looked like a normal forest. How could it possibly be so dangerous on the inside, he wondered? Perhaps like the plains of Valkaria itself, looks could be deceiving. After waiting for a good five minutes, a rustling sound was heard coming from behind them. Zane turned to see who it was, to see a Lucario standing there, looking at them with a strange look. The Lucario had a small bag he carried over his shoulder, and a noticeable scar going over his left eye. None seemed to speak as they simply stared at each other, before the Lucario finally opened his mouth.

"...Going in?" He asked, walking past them so that he stood between them and the trees. Zane replied.

"Err, yes. We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest." He said.

"'We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest.'" The Lucario repeated, chuckling. "What are you, some sorta nobility or something?" Zane stiffened up a bit, hoping he didn't just give them away.

"We are friends of Gua-, of Lyn. She said we would be welcome here."

The Lucario's eyes seemed to brighten at the name. Lyn, eh? Haven't seen the dove in a while." He looked among the others, probably to see if Lyn was among them. "And where exactly is Lyn, then?"

Zane looked to the left where Guardia had left to. "Uh...she was with us brief moments ago before departing to search for a guide."

The Lucario chuckled again. "Riiiight." He said, somewhat sarcastically. "Well, come on. I guess I can take you in."

Zane looked at him, slightly confused that he would guide them with such little information about them and little proof of actual ties to Lyn. But he didn't complain. Zane picked up his bag and followed the Lucario in.

"So...what do I call all you guys?" He asked all of them.

"My name is V-...is Zane." He said, almost catching himself giving his title instead of his name.

"Sainan." Calamity said.

"I am Layton." Dark Lightning replied.

"...Daricka." Wildfire added.

Politely, Zane then asked the Lucario. "What about you? What are you called?"

The Lucario took a look at the others, and then Zane, before saying. "You can call me Roswell." Zane nodded, and continued to followed him in. Hoodhide looked eagerly among the trees, half expecting to get ambushed by thieves. He made periodic glances left and right in swift motions, to make sure nobody would jump out. Just then, Zane saw a sign posted on one of the trees. He had seen signs like it before on the outskirts of other parts of the forest, as there are many. The Pokemon of the outside call it the 'last warning', the points of no return. The Pokemon of the Thieves Forest call it their hymn:

Watch your step! Look up! Look down!
No time to rest, you fool! You clown!
You're in our territory now, Our town!
You're entering the Thieves Forest!

To those who oppose the will of the free,
We give this warning so you will flee,
You are not welcome among our trees!
Beware of the Thieves Forest!

To bandits and pirates, refuges and outlaws,
We will protect you, with teeth and claws,
Inside these trees, we make our own laws,
Welcome to the Thieves Forest!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

Ragnaros felt the wind racing under his wings, he flapped them eagerly, careful not to hit anybody as he walked silently next to his allies. He felt the need to fly, but he just couldn't leave them behind like that - instead, he was staring at the clouds with a strange expression painted on his face. He ignored the small talk the Pokemon next to him were making, considering focusing on the task more important. He glanced at his bloodied claws hitting the ground as he walked, thinking about the thieves in the forest; he would tear them apart if they tried anything funny.
The Eden Forest was now in their range of sight - it looked like a normal forest with an eerie feeling. Ragnaros reckoned its taboo, the thieves, were responsible; but fear was out of the question for Bloodthirster. He would walk towards their destination without noticing the beauty of the plains they were travelling through all this time. Now it was time for war.

"There it is..."

Guardia said as she holded her breath. The group approached the edge of the thieves forest, Bloodthirster smirking in the shadow of the trees; he perked up the pointy scales of his ears, staring into the darkness. Although they were told the thieves would supposedly help them, he did not trust anyone who did not wear the Gold Tribe's emblem.

"...What do we do now?" asked Calamity, Guardia looking around.

"Well, first off, put away your Gold Tribe emblems. We don't want them trying to kill us on sight."

The Salamence curled his long tail around his body, bringing its tip close to his front legs. He removed the emblem with his claws, thinking he would rather wear it proudly among the thieves. But survival was their first priority.

"No one is here. I'll go around the sides and look for someone to guide us in. There's usually one or two guys hanging somewhere around..."

Guardia spoke, the Salamence patted the ground with his front feet, still staring at the forest as Vigil tried to stop her. "Guardia wai-" Bloodthirster paced in front of the trees, still staring into the darkness.
A sound from behind disturbed his perked up ears, the Salamence turning his draconic head immediately with his senses outstretched, ready to fight - but it was only a Lucario standing alone. He had a scar on his left eye, probably from a battle, however he did not catch Bloodthirster's attention as a threat.

"...Going in?" The Lucario asked as he rudely bypassed the group to stand between them and the forest - Bloodthirster deemed that as disrespect, scratching the ground angrily as he stared at the outsider.

"Err, yes. We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest." Vigil said, Bloodthirster admiring him ignoring the Lucario ignoring their power - but then it occured to him that Vigil's reaction was purely his personality.

"'We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest.'" The Lucario repeated, chuckling. "What are you, some sorta nobility or something?" Zane stiffened up a bit, hoping he didn't just give them away.

"Lyn, eh? Haven't seen the dove in a while." The Lucario chuckled and looked inside the group for that Lyn, with no hope. "And where exactly is Lyn, then?"

Vigil looked at the direction Guardia had ran off to. "Uh...she was with us brief moments ago before departing to search for a guide."

The Lucario chuckled again, Bloodthirster now standing behind Vigil, trying to keep a straight face. "Riiiight." He said, somewhat sarcastically. "Well, come on. I guess I can take you in." The Salamence was about to warn Vigil about not trusting the outsider, but then he regretted it; his brother's honour as a veteran was far greater than his, running away from everything to save himself. But he wasn't feeling regret or shame - only anger. Anger that wasn't directed at the thieves they were about to confront in that forest, or a random outsider with a scratch on his left eye.

"So...what do I call all you guys?" He asked all of them.

As everyone spoke of their names, Bloodthirster remained silent behind Vigil, smirking as he made up the worst possible scenarios in his mind.
If thieves ambush us... I'll make sure to squash as many as possible. Thieves may be many, but we are powerful.

"What about you? What are you called?" Vigil asked the Lucario with respect he wasn't worth.

"You can call me Roswell."

The group followed the Lucario in, who seemed to know where exactly he was going. Bloodthirster followed, keeping his distance from others and the trees while sprawling his massive wings onto his body; he was glancing around with a tightened face, ready to fry anything that moved. He didn't like this story at all, until he saw one of the warnings the thieves usually carved on trees - and that made it much worse.

Watch your step! Look up! Look down!
No time to rest, you fool! You clown!
You're in our territory now, Our town!
You're entering the Thieves Forest!

To those who oppose the will of the free,
We give this warning so you will flee,
You are not welcome among our trees!
Beware of the Thieves Forest!

To bandits and pirates, refuges and outlaws,
We will protect you, with teeth and claws,
Inside these trees, we make our own laws,
Welcome to the Thieves Forest!

The group was now moving deeper into the forest, the gentle path was slowly beginning to be unstable, with roots and tree branches blocking Ragnaros' way. The sunlight was blocked by most of the leaves, making it dark - he reckoned anything could be hiding in the shadows between the dense trees that surrounded the Gold Tribe.
Ragnaros approached Vigil carefully, leaning his long neck and head forward next to his, infusing his whisper with seriousness and honesty as he stared at Roswell's back.

"Vigil, do you really think we can trust this guy? Who guarantees us he won't betray us?"

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Replicus "Speculum" Decendas
Gold Tribe

So, the Salamence was also a part of the Gold Tribe. Funny how the world works, Replicus thought. That Scraggy Hoodhide, now this Salamence. They were slowly growing in numbers, and becoming stronger.

The group decided to rest for the day and then start traveling next day once again. Replicus dreaded the thought of another boring trip, but slept like a log for the night. The next day, they departed for the Thieves Forest. And just as Replicus suspected, another boring trip. He could see his fellow brothers and sisters engage in conversation, but nothing worthy enough for Replicus to give his opinion. He sighed and trudged on towards their goal - Thieves Forest.

Soon, they were there. The group tried to figure out a way to get inside, and Guardia clearly had a 'plan'.

"Well, first off, put away your Gold Tribe emblems. We don't want them trying to kill us on sight." She said. Everybody proceeded to take off their emblems. Replicus removed it from his armor and placed it deep inside his bag. There would be some complications in case they decided to check his bag, but he could manage to get his way out of a situation like that.

When Replicus was sure his emblem was safely hidden away, he looked up to see Guardia was gone. He looked around for a moment, then asked the others, "Hey, where's Guardia?" Nobody answered, probably frustrated at her having left so abruptly. They all stood there for a few minutes, waiting for something that Replicus had probably missed.

"Um, guys? What are we going to..." He was mid sentence when he heard a rustling sound behind him. His body tensed, ready for combat, as he turned around to see the new arrival. A Lucario. Everybody looked at him, especially Replicus, who absorbed every detail of his face, even the scar. The Lucario moved between the trees and the Tribe, with Replicus noting every movement the Pokemon was making.

"...Going in?" The Lucario said. What followed was a brief conversation between Vigil and the Lucario, who by now, everyone was sure was a part of the thieves. The Lucario pretty easily agreed to guide them inside the forest. Replicus felt pretty happy that they didn't have to fight him or convince him, but then it struck him. Wasn't the Pokemon a thief? Why would he agree so easily to guide them inside the forest, which was basically their stronghold?

"So...what do I call all you guys?" The Lucario asked. The Tribe proceeded to tell the Lucario their names, except for the Salamence at the back, who remained silent, probably thinking of something. Replicus didn't feel comfortable telling the thief his name, so he just told him a fake one.

"You can call me Dennis." Replicus said. The Lucario then told them his own name, Roswell. Replicus waited for Roswell to increase the gap between him and Vigil, then approached him, but before he could speak, the Salamence expressed his doubts.

"Vigil, do you really think we can trust this guy? Who guarantees us he won't betray us?"

"I agree with Bloodthirster here. This doesn't seem really right. If things get ugly, I can knock him out and easily take his place. I know his movements, and could easily be able to fool the thieves. The only thing we would have problems with then would be the route..." Replicus said, in a low voice.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

"I agree with Bloodthirster here. This doesn't seem really right. If things get ugly, I can knock him out and easily take his place. I know his movements, and could easily be able to fool the thieves. The only thing we would have problems with then would be the route..."

Bloodthirster smirked when he heard the Ditto whispering to Vigil next to him; he couldn't resist gifting Replicus his ironic smile as he eyeballed him.

"That will not work"

He said, surprsingly with a serious tone. Now he was staring at the Lucario's back once again as he whispered.

"First of all we don't have anywhere to hide him, if we knock him out. Second of all, we are probably being watched. And lastly, how are you going to mimic his manners? That guy looks important, the thieves could uncover the fraud if you make the slightest mistake."

Bloodthirster cleared his neck, steam blewing out of his nose as he did so. His guard was always up, suddenly turning around to stare at the darkness between the trees - his instict was bothering him, and he felt like doing something about it, but the discipline he had been taught in the Academy did not allow him to go check what seemed to be like movement in the black abyss of the forest.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

Penance followed after Vigil and felt much better now with that huge weight off of his chest. Vigil said he needed to use the luck to help them all. He would make sure to do that then. He would use all the luck he could to take down the rest of the Sentinels and make sure that his brothers and sisters didn't fall in battle. They caught up with the group and continued heading on toward the forest. Penance had been feeling confident, he removed his emblem like Guardia requested, but then she just... left. Then a Lucario came and suddenly Penance could feel the tension. As the Lucario asked their names Penance went with the others and said his name was Penance. There! Simple and easy! If he had tried to come up with a fake name then there would be the trouble of trying to remember it. Then, there were being led into the forest. Penance saw the song that had been posted and shuddered. If they were found out then they could very well be killed on sight!

Penance heard the others talking among themselves and groaned to himself. He had only heard a few tales of the thieve's forest and one had been that the thieves could easily hear whispers so quiet and even when you thought you were alone there would always be a thief hiding in the shadows next to you. Penance cast some glances in the trees and rubbed his bracelet hard. He could feel someone... something watching them. Even though the forest was quiet Penance could see some movement here and there between the trees. He squeezed his eyes tight. Perhaps the mountains would have been the safest option after all? Why hadn't they listened to Vigil?

For now, all he had to do was keep quiet and as long as long as Vigil was here watching over them then nothing bad could happen.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
Pokemon Odyssey 2 Starting Post

Thwack, thwack, thwack, thwack...

"Dang! Missed..." I murmured, clenching my fists after releasing a barrage of pin missiles with a swipe of my arm. The Scyther, named Strike, had successfully outran the projectiles while some of them had been intercepted by nearby trees; it had never been easy hunting in the Thieves Forest, especially when I had to face difficult targets. This Scyther was on the top of the board with a large amount of bounty, infamous for his swift assaults and thievery around the area. Despite that and my type disadvantage, he couldn't be that hard. My father, Gideon, had taught me heaps; and I had been improving ever since. When Strike moved and evaded my attacks, my eyes were quick enough to give his body a quick scan in search for valuable items. I noticed a little bag around his waist...probably his little bag of treasures.

Oh well. I could always use a bonus.

The bushes rustled around me, signifying his presence as if it hadn't been clear enougj. Just then, Strike's shadow appeared before me, making me twirl around in alarm. The Scyther leaped into the air, blocking the intense sunlight before diving downward with his blades ready to slice through my flesh. I quickly swiped my spiked arm at the enemy, slamming it into the Scyther's body with a punishing strike. The devastating blow knocked him to a side, making him crash onto the leaf-covered ground. But my efforts had been proved useless as he recovered in a few seconds, ready to launch a second attack. He lunged for me, slashing viciously at the air before him while dashing at my direction. I was forced to jump back, avoiding his rampage while watching his moves with caution. Strike then jumped into the air, his blades and arms at his back in attempt to bring it down in a strong hacking motion. Careful not to be brought down with the attack, I had dashed swiftly to the left right, moving out of the way before he slammed the blades onto the bush in front of him. With his body temporarily shocked from failure, I saw my chance and grabbed the Scyther at the neck, raising into the air and making him choke. Without a sound, my other hand pressed against his chest, right outside his pumping heart.

Thwack!

Satisfied, I let go of the Scyther, watching as he plunged onto the grass with his eyes rolled behind his head. A large spike had pierced right through his heart, creating a massive hole where crimson liquid gushed out like a fountain. The scent of blood filled the air, and I shot his neck with a few more pin missiles...just in case he had been faking his death.

"Funny how you wanted to assassinate the second in command of the Thieves Forest, Strike" I cackled, kneeling next to the horrible dead body, extracting the money from his pouch and putting it into a secret compartment located at the armor plate on my right arm, "I expected you to be smarter; yet such a large bounty on my head often leads you fools into a swift, tragic demise..."

As a rather important person in the forest, some people wanted me dead. It was inevitable. The bounty on my head was much larger and rewarding than the one on Strike's, which explained why he had wanted to kill me so badly. Yet fighting me...alone? Underestimation to such an extent, only because I'm a Cacturne?

"I am Noctus Gamble, descendant of Emperor Galleon! Garchomp blood flows inside me!" I shouted, unleashing my anger, "My ancestors had millions of achievements! Everyone should be feared upon hearing my name!"

I was struck by a sting of grief when Gideon's words echoed in my mind. I had been eavesdropping on my father only a few days before his death, and I regretted doing it.

'I shouldn't have gotten together with Fiora...now my son would be a Cacturne...and the pure Galleon bloodline would be destroyed. And look at him! He's a bounty hunter! A rather powerful one, yes, but he is nothing compared to Galleon! I want him to be the leader, not someone that kills people just to survive! Why do things always go wrong for me?! Why do I have to create failures that would only destroy our family name?!' Gideon spoke to himself on that silent night, ranting on about his problems.

"It's not MY fault that I'm a Cacturne and not a Garchomp!" I cried out, kicking Strike's body as an attempt to release my fury, "And if you think I'm not good enough, then I'll just have to prove you wrong!"

Noctus breathed in the soothing forest air, calming down by a tad, "...And prove you wrong I will."

Some strange rustles drifted into his ears. A large group of people was probably coming his way. Now what...?

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Well. That was...disappointing. Hanso kept his mouth shut and trudged on with the others, wondering why it seemed like the Gold Tribe was full of "silents" nowadays.

The remainder of the journey to the forest was quiet, giving them time to think. Personally, Hanso wondered if the forest's residents would let them in anyways. Did the Thieves take in just anyone who wasn't trying to hunt them down? Or was there some sort of qualification?

When they got to their destination, Guardia said that they should put away their emblems. Easy enough. Then she just ran off to look for someone before anyone could interject. Not good. Hanso sighed as he stashed his own emblem beneath all the other objects in his pack. Then they were left to wait for the next few minutes.

There was a rustling behind them. Hanso swung around on the spot as his arm-blades sprung out. False alarm; it was a Lucario with a small bag. There was a scar above his left eye.

"...Going in?" He asked, walking past them so that he stood between them and the trees.

"Err, yes. We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest," Zane answered.

"'We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest.'" The Lucario repeated, chuckling. "What are you, some sorta nobility or something?"

The Lucario's eyes seemed to brighten at the name. "Lyn, eh? Haven't seen the dove in a while." He looked among the others, probably to see if Lyn was among them. "And where exactly is Lyn, then?"

"Uh...she was with us brief moments ago before departing to search for a guide."

The Lucario chuckled again. "Riiiight." He said, somewhat sarcastically. "Well, come on. I guess I can take you in."

Alarms were already ringing in Hanso's head, but the others were following anyways, so he fell into line, staying as close to the back as he could. When names were exchanged, he answered, "Hanso." Knowing that if the Thieves knew the Gold Tribe members' real names, they were probably doomed. Except for Ragnaros, who stayed quiet.

As they walked deeper into the forest, Hanso kept a furtive watch on his surroundings without turning his head too much. First, there were enough shadows that there could have been anyone watching without moving at all. Second, this was the Thieves' Forest; someone had to be aware. The song on the sign made that obvious to anyone with any possible doubts.
Whispered words floated back to Hanso's ears. Three, if there was anyone watching, they would notice the others talking, if they couldn't actually hear them. Roswell, the Lucario, must be able to hear the sounds of conversation behind him.

Hanso felt this was one of those times to ignore a bit privacy. Extending his telepathy to the surface of Zane's mind, Hanso relayed, "This is Hanso. Roswell and I don't know who else can hear that some of us are talking. With everyone's consent, I can try to make a telepathic connection among us. What do you think?"
While waiting for Zane's answer, Hanso walked a little faster to catch up with Penance. He wasn't sure what talking might do, but for once, he thought it would be better than silence. "You all right?" Hanso asked Penance.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thieves Forest

Zane walked silently behind Roswell, who led them through the forest. As he took a look back at the others, he noticed the entrance of the forest was no longer visible, even if it had only been a few minutes since they began walking inside. Zane thought it was a bit strange, but decided to forget about it for now. Roswell began to hum a tune out loud as he led them on deeper and deeper. Bloodthirster walked beside Zane momentarily and whispered to him.

"Vigil, do you really think we can trust this guy? Who guarantees us he won't betray us?" He asked Zane. Zane stared in front at Roswell, who continued to hum as though he did not hear anything. Speculum, who was now on Zane's other side, also spoke, in a whisper.

"I agree with Bloodthirster here. This doesn't seem really right. If things get ugly, I can knock him out and easily take his place. I know his movements, and could easily be able to fool the thieves. The only thing we would have problems with then would be the route..."

Bloodthirster, however, dismissed the notion. His points were also quite valid, especially the one about them possibly being watched. Although Zane couldn't tell from looking around in the thick trees, he felt like someone was watching him. It was as if eyes were all on them, studying their every movement, analyzing their every step.

Suddenly, Hanso volunteered to set up a telepathic link between them in order to listen to each other without the possibility of Roswell, or someone else hearing. Zane nodded his head, watching to make sure Roswell didn't see, and the link was established.

I don't like this one bit. He heard Calamity's voice in his head. He agreed far too quickly to lead us in.

A trap perhaps?
Dark Lightning added.

Idunno, Idunno! Maybe we never should have gone with him! We should have waited for Guardia! Hoodhide squeeked his voice in Zane's head.

We had no choice at that moment. We're here now. But let's be ready just in case we really are walking into a trap. Zane's thought to everyone. Anyone have any suggestions? He asked them telepathically, wondering how to handle the situation.

Suddenly, Roswell stopped walking in place in front of them. Zane stopped as well, wondering what was wrong. Roswell continued to hum as he looked around, apparently not doing anything. Zane exchanged glances with Calamity, who gave him a shrug. After looking around for a moment, Roswell turned around, and began walking back the way they came from. Perplexed, Zane just stared as the Lucario walked past Zane and the others, not giving a single explanation nor a glance at them as he continued to hum. After stepping past everyone, he turned and motioned for them to follow.

"Come on. We're close."

"But...isn't that where we came from?" Zane asked, wondering why he would be going that way. Roswell gave Zane a chuckle.

"Well, Zane, right? You have to remember something when you're here. Not everything is as it always appears." He said in reply, turning again to continue walking down the path back.

After waiting for a moment longer, Zane decided to follow. Calamity and Wildfire went after, followed by the rest. Zane walked in silence, waiting for the reply mentally from the others, while also noticing something shift in a nearby tree. He was unsure, but he believed it might be someone in them. But after looking again, it didn't appear as if anyone was there. Zane continued to walk forward, but noticed a similar motion on a tree in another side. He reexamined the tree, and again, no Pokemon seemed present. It was an eerie feeling, and not one easily explained, but as Zane caught the motion once more in a tree right next to him, he took a look at the roots of the tree, to see them crawling around.

Zane opened his eyes wide at the sudden realization of what was happening. There weren't Pokemon moving in the trees. The trees were moving.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
Noctus Gamble

I decided to ignore the barely audible rustles and knelt down before the body once again. Slowly, I rummaged through his things in search for something I had missed before. Nothing seemed to catch my eye, however, as I had already taken everything that was worth taking.

The body was laying there, shirtless (he had been wearing a brown hood) and lifeless like a hollow shell. But I did not flinch at the sight; these scenes had occurred many times, countless times, and I had gotten used to the blood and gore.

I looked at my surroundings and noticed a couple of red eyes peering from the darkness. But I snorted as none of them had dared to make an appearance. Slowly, I got up to my feet and wiped the mud off my armor before staring right back at one of them. I could almost feel him shiver. With a bit of suspicion, the staring contest continued for half a minute before the leaves rustled around the creature, indicating its approach.

The eyes slowly increased in size as the Pokemon walked out from the bush, revealing himself to be a Grovyle, "Noctus, I'm just here to tell you that a group of strangers have entered the south side of our territory. Most of them look strong and rather threatening..."

I looked at him from top to bottom before talking, "It has been a while since we've gotten company..."

"They're heading towards the field right now," the Grovyle added, pointing southwest, "I reckon that they would arrive in no longer than thirty minutes."

"I'll see what they are up to," I replied before walking at a relaxed pace, walking away without looking back at him, "Remind me to give you a little bonus tip for letting me know."

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Ragnaros eyeballed the Lucario's back as he listened to the others speak into his mind - he did not pay any attention. He shook his long head, blowing out steam as he came up with a wonderful idea, just in time to hear Vigil ask for suggestions.

But just then, Roswell stopped walking out of the blue; Vigil and the rest of the group stopped as well, Ragnaros paced ahead without realising. He thought if Lucario was up to something, he'd be the first to know.
Roswell turned around and walked past them under Bloodthirster's smirk; the dragon's red eyebrows had almost become one.

"Come on. We're close."

"But...isn't that where we came from?" Vigil asked, Roswell chuckled.

"Well, Zane, right? You have to remember something when you're here. Not everything is as it always appears."

Bloodthirster was getting impatient and angry. His menacing eyes glowed in the dark as he stared at Roswell walking away.
He was about to express his thoughts to Vigil, but he noticed he was looking at the trees - he stared in the darkness to see a strange kind of movement, the same from before.
Still standing next to him, he took his eyes from the darkness to look at the tree's roots. He immediately backed off and slammed his strong tail on the ground, realizing what was happening. It all started to make sense now, the subtle movements in the darkness - but Ragnaros was far from scared. His expression changed massively as he stared at Vigil.

Vigil... Let me ask this buddy of yours some questions. If he tries anything funny, I can just burn the whole forest with my breath.

He got past Vigil, getting in the front, right behind Roswell. He tried to keep a straight face, but his voice was giving out his anger.

"You! Where the heck are we going? I demand an explanation! You can't just drag us around!"

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

Penance heard the others talking telepathically and just sighed. As long as everyone argued then it would just be harder to try and think about not look like Gold Tribe members to the thieves that wandered among the trees. If they got into too big an argument about what to do then it would be inevitable that one of his brothers or sisters would take the initiative and do something... bad. He heard TrueStriker talk to him and the Golduck nodded, "Y-Yeah. I'm fine. Just want to get this over with, you know?" He said softly to the Gallade. Penance felt his tension rise as Roswell stopped them. For a brief moment he remembered how the others said that this could have been a trap, but his fears were quickly washed away as Roswell just led them back... where... they came from?

As Vigil asked him why they were going back Roswell pretty much said that appearances were deceiving. Penance wandered what he meant by that. He hadn't seen anything yet that could be deceiving him so he just continued walking with the others. Everyone didn't seem to be bothered that they were going right where they had come from, that was until Bloodthirster suddenly spoke out with his booming voice and demanded to know where they were going. Penance paled as the Salamance was pretty much intimidating their guide and Penance quickly looked around the trees to see if any thieves were ready to jump out and kill them yet. Why couldn't they have gone through the mountains!?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thieves Forest

The prospect of what his eyes were showing him, put bluntly, freaked Zane out a bit. It wasn't often you saw moving trees in Valkaria, despite its many wonders. Hoodhide had apparently seen it as well, and communicated with the others, expressing his feelings.

Uh! Are-you-guys seeing this?! The trees! They're...they're...!

It must be some thief trick. Dark Lightning thought to all of them. Keep your wits about you. Pay it no mind.

Vigil... Let me ask this buddy of yours some questions. If he tries anything funny, I can just burn the whole forest with my breath. Bloodthirster said in their mind.

Careful, Bloodthirster. Zane said, sending his thoughts to him. We don't know what he's capable of, or who else is watching.

The Salamence suddenly went in front of everyone else and began shouting at the Lucario.

"You! Where the heck are we going? I demand an explanation! You can't just drag us around!"

Roswell calmly turned to face them all, looking into Bloodthirster's eyes. He had a straight face, neither a look of anger nor one of fear. It was rare to see one like that, but then, he was a thief in the Thieves Forest. He was on his home field. What did he have to be afraid of. The Lucario cocked an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"I'm leading you to the village in the center of the forest. That's where you wanted to go, right? You 'seek guidance and refuge inside Thieves Forest'?" He said, repeating what Zane had said earlier again in a mocking manner. "I'm doing you a favor and leading you there. I didn't have to do it. I did it as a favor to Lyn, who you said you knew. If you don't wanna follow me, you don't have to. Oh...but good luck finding your way there on your own. Not to mention out of here. No doubt you noticed that it'll be a hard road to find your way back. Only thieves know these routes. Outsiders have tried and end up getting lost forever in these woods."

Zane looked around again, trying to determine where it was that they came from. The road didn't seem as familiar as he thought. The shifting of the trees threw him off, and he couldn't tell which direction was which. Indeed, this place was like a labyrinth. Roswell began speaking again.

"So if you're done complaining, I see it that you have two choices: You can either get lost, in which case I'll be on my way, OR, you can shut up and follow me."

Zane exchanged looks with the others. He telepathically sent a message. It seems we have no choice at this point. Don't worry. If things go sour, we can manage. Zane turned back to Roswell and nodded.

"Good." He said. "Anyone else have any stupid questions to ask? Or are you all ready to go?"

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

Penance just watched as the Lucario stood rigid against Bloodthirster. He was pretty sure the Salamance was going to go in all rage mode but he didn't. Instead the Lucario explained that he was leading them to a village that was in the center of the forest. Penance shivered as their guide lay down his final offer and he quickly nodded his head before Bloodthirster could speak again, "I am very sorry for their stupid questions Roswell. I just met these others and we are not very trusting right now. I was almost killed by some traitors in the city. Turned out they were spies for the Silver Tribe. You and the others have heard what's been going on in the cities, haven't you? Apparently the same thing happened to these guys." Penance took a moment to concentrate as he used his limited psychic powers to connect to his brother's and sister's minds.

He thinks we're thieves and lawbreakers, right? Play along for now and act as cut throat and greedy as you can! Make up your own stories for now.

Penance rolled his eyes, "In fact the only reason I survived was because I was out in the streets when the ancients came and smashed the door in. I just got out of there as fast as I could. Swam though one of the waterways right under the Ancient's noses." He said smugly. "I heard about this place and headed over here when I bumped into this crowd and now here I am. So, you and the rest of your village have any need for an ambusher? If you have any bodies of water you go near then I'm the Golduck for you." Penance smirked as he waited for a reply from the Lucario and hoped that the others could also blend into the part.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso glanced at Penance for a moment, agreeing silently. The sooner they got out of the forest, the better. This whole situation was too shifty for Hanso's taste. The only difference in the others' conversation now was that it couldn't be heard by anyone outside the network he'd set up.
Suggestions? Hanso pondered the question during the moments in which Roswell stopped, looked around, and...turned back?...

"Come on. We're close."

"But...isn't that where we came from?" Zane asked. Roswell gave Zane a chuckle.

"Well, Zane, right? You have to remember something when you're here. Not everything is as it always appears."

Again, Hanso waited until he was at the back of the group before following, looking at his surroundings once more. Give me a wide, open battlefield any day. After seeing a few more movements in the shadows, Hanso stopped trying to conceal his observance. The whole situation was a mess, in his opinion. It became a little worse when Hanso heard Ragnaros: Vigil... Let me ask this buddy of yours some questions. If he tries anything funny, I can just burn the whole forest with my breath. The Salamence then moved up and demanded, "You! Where the heck are we going? I demand an explanation! You can't just drag us around!"

Hanso caught another movement, now close to him. He immediately backed away a couple steps. If the trees could move, then what else could they do?
The Lucario turned to face Ragnaros calmly. "I'm leading you to the village in the center of the forest. That's where you wanted to go, right? You 'seek guidance and refuge inside Thieves Forest'?" He said, repeating what Zane had said earlier again in a mocking manner. "I'm doing you a favor and leading you there. I didn't have to do it. I did it as a favor to Lyn, who you said you knew. If you don't wanna follow me, you don't have to. Oh...but good luck finding your way there on your own. Not to mention out of here. No doubt you noticed that it'll be a hard road to find your way back. Only thieves know these routes. Outsiders have tried and end up getting lost forever in these woods."

I'll give him credit. Not often someone can stand against an angry Salamence. As for finding their way out...Hanso let a small smirk come onto his face. If the forest's borders didn't change, then teleporting probably wouldn't be too difficult.

"So if you're done complaining, I see it that you have two choices: You can either get lost, in which case I'll be on my way, OR, you can shut up and follow me."

Zane telepathically sent a message. It seems we have no choice at this point. Don't worry. If things go sour, we can manage.
Of course, teleporting out would mean abandoning the mission. Hanso's smirk left.

"Good." Roswell said. "Anyone else have any stupid questions to ask? Or are you all ready to go?"

Penance spoke up. "I am very sorry for their stupid questions Roswell. I just met these others and we are not very trusting right now. I was almost killed by some traitors in the city. Turned out they were spies for the Silver Tribe. You and the others have heard what's been going on in the cities, haven't you? Apparently the same thing happened to these guys."

What? Hanso's eyebrow rose. What was the Golduck think-- He thinks we're thieves and lawbreakers, right? Play along for now and act as cut throat and greedy as you can! Make up your own stories for now.
Problem with that...Hanso wasn't sure how many of the others knew how to act that way. Besides Daricka, anyways. And Ragnaros.

"In fact the only reason I survived was because I was out in the streets when the ancients came and smashed the door in. I just got out of there as fast as I could. Swam though one of the waterways right under the Ancient's noses." Penance said smugly. "I heard about this place and headed over here when I bumped into this crowd and now here I am. So, you and the rest of your village have any need for an ambusher? If you have any bodies of water you go near then I'm the Golduck for you."

Hanso's eyes slid over to look at the trees again. Then again, he did know how to start a fight. He'd had practice fighting bullies, after all.
That wasn't the issue, though. Hanso allowed his arm-blades to slide out slowly, returning his gaze to Roswell. I hope you know what you're getting us into, Penance, Hanso relayed. "Just get us there, since you're taking time off to," he said to Roswell in a blunt tone.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Roswell calmly turned to face them all, looking into Bloodthirster's eyes. He had a straight face, neither a look of anger nor one of fear. It was rare to see one like that, but then, he was a thief in the Thieves Forest. He was on his home field. What did he have to be afraid of. The Lucario cocked an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

The Lucario stared into Bloodthirster's eyes with absolutly no fear, raising his eyebrow and crossing his arms. The Salamence figured the thief had nothing to be afraid of him, confirming the Gold Tribe's fears: they were being watched.

"I'm leading you to the village in the center of the forest. That's where you wanted to go, right? You 'seek guidance and refuge inside Thieves Forest'?" Roswell said in a mocking manner that struck Ragnaros like a wave of bees in a picnic. "I'm doing you a favor and leading you there. I didn't have to do it. I did it as a favor to Lyn, who you said you knew. If you don't wanna follow me, you don't have to. Oh...but good luck finding your way there on your own. Not to mention out of here. No doubt you noticed that it'll be a hard road to find your way back. Only thieves know these routes. Outsiders have tried and end up getting lost forever in these woods."

The Salamence did not need to look around to realize they were lost. The Lucario still did not explain how he was navigating through the forest, and that's what really bothered Ragnaros.

"So if you're done complaining, I see it that you have two choices: You can either get lost, in which case I'll be on my way, OR, you can shut up and follow me." His words enraged Ragnaros to the point he was gritting his teeth and giving the Lucario a death stare; steam blew out of his nose. His selfish side considered the Lucario already dead if a fight broke out. Although the discipline the Gold Tribe had taught him had a great effect on his agressiveness, the ideals and the sacred purpose he was fighting for replaced his insticts. If they were going to fight the thiefs, they were going to fight for survival added to their purpose. Ragnaros would fight valiantly to defend the Gold Tribe but also survive himself.

He turned his head around to look at Vigil, with his anger overflowing the area. He could feel the tension, but he liked it. It seems we have no choice at this point. Don't worry. If things go sour, we can manage.

"Good." Roswell said. "Anyone else have any stupid questions to ask? Or are you all ready to go?"

Ragnaros perked up his scales in response, remaining in place. Taunting a Salamence surely was not a wise move. He resisted spitting out the rather bloody response that was stuck on his long neck. But then another voice was heard.

"I am very sorry for their stupid questions Roswell." Ragnaros turned around and stared at the Golduck, gritting his teeth. "I just met these others and we are not very trusting right now. I was almost killed by some traitors in the city. Turned out they were spies for the Silver Tribe. You and the others have heard what's been going on in the cities, haven't you? Apparently the same thing happened to these guys."

Then the same voice echoed in his mind. That system was starting to annoy him, he looked at Hanso, thinking of telling him to stop this psy conversation as it was driving him mad. But he reminded himself it was important for the group's survival.

He thinks we're thieves and lawbreakers, right? Play along for now and act as cut throat and greedy as you can! Make up your own stories for now.

The Salamence stared and patted the ground with his heavy arms, swung his tail around producing a strange sound as it torn through the air. The Golduck continued speaking, but he wasn't paying much attention anymore. "In fact the only reason I survived was because I was out in the streets when the ancients came and smashed the door in. I just got out of there as fast as I could. Swam though one of the waterways right under the Ancient's noses." Penance said smugly. "I heard about this place and headed over here when I bumped into this crowd and now here I am. So, you and the rest of your village have any need for an ambusher? If you have any bodies of water you go near then I'm the Golduck for you."

Bloodthirster stopped patting the the ground which had become darker than the others. He flapped his wings, trying to catch the wind. A voice he wasn't use to cracked - he looked at Hanso.

"Just get us there, since you're taking time off to,"

He isn't a talker, Bloodthirster thought. Then he thought of sharing his other thoughts with his allies.

Do you really think we can fool them? They'll never buy that we're thieves. We're not them. What if they ask us an essential question or something? Roswell already knows we're not thieves, I'm sure of that.

The Salamence stared at his allies to see their reactions. Then he looked at Roswell who would be talking to Penance.

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Ignitus - Albia Citadel

Ignitus was startled out of her stupor when Frost spoke up, still acting so high and mighty up on her throne. "Well, well, what do we have here?" Ignitus followed her gaze, looking out towards the entrance of the hall, where a Chansey, the Widow, was walking in. Frost continued, asking the question that was on Ignitus' mind too, "What are you doing here, Widow?"

Deluge answered before Widow had the chance, his voice echoing off of the stone walls of the citadel. "Lord Auron probably sent her. It certainly says a lot if he has the four of us guarding a single city. Losing Eternity was big. Perhaps even bigger than I first assumed..." It was said with a certain weight upon it, as if the city of Albia was more important then any of them had predicted. Lord Auron clearly wasn't pleased about loosing Eternity, and no doubt any punishment would be doubled if they lost Albia too. And if the peasants began to rebel, they would have to crack down on them even harder.

As Deluge trailed off, an Ancient, a Kabutops, ran into the room panting, a messenger telling from the red vest that was part of his uniform. Even with his lack of breath, he still wasted no time in delivering his message, "Lord Sentinels..."

Frost wasted no time in cutting him off, "What reason do you have for interrupting us here?"

Ignitus gave Frost a harsh look. "Shut up Frost, waste no time in listening to a messenger." Ignitus then turned to the messenger. "Speak, deliver your message."

The Kabutops had regained his breath by now, and straightened up, "Riots in the city streets. Rebellions are starting in Albia."

Ignitus stared at Frost again. "See? Useful information. Listen to messengers instead of killing them next time Frost, their message might deliver news of your coming death." She turned to the rest of the group. "Now, lets take care of our peasant problem, shall we?"

She and Widow walked out of the Citadel, Deluge and Frost following behind, onto the hill which the Citadel was located upon, giving a somewhat clear view of the city, and the already multiple fires that the angry mobs had already caused throughout different sections of the city. Seeing the damage already caused, Ignitus realized that they would have to split up. Which would have been the plan already, but at least now it was necessary rather than just splitting up through pure resentment. However, the riots seemed more confined to the more western and southern parts of the city, closer to where the slums were located. Ignitus cleared her throat, "Alright, lets split up into two pairs. Widow and I will take the southern part of the city. Frost and Deluge can take the western part. Once the riots seem to be stamped out, regroup here where we can reevaluate our situation. Lets go."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia

The very thought of rebellions occurring under the nose of 4 Sentinels was shocking, but also pleasantly surprising to Frost. It meant two things: That the Pokemon of Albia were regaining their fighting courage, even in the presence of Sentinels. But it also meant that for the next few hours, Frost was going to have some fun.

"See?" Ignitus began. "Useful information. Listen to messengers instead of killing them next time Frost, their message might deliver news of your coming death." She turned to the rest of the group. "Now, lets take care of our peasant problem, shall we?"

Frost gave her a sharp look. "Hey, you watch your tone Ignitus. I wouldn't want to ruin your nicely kept fur."

"Oo," Widow exclaimed, entering the conversation. "A rebellion? I can't wait." She looked towards the great door she had only recently entered, clearly ready to go participate. "We'll be going now, yes?"

Ignitus and Widow exited the building first. Frost, who was still quite angry by what Ignitus said, gave a look over to Deluge, who simply shrugged and followed the other two out. Frost looked as the three made their way out, and then followed. The site of Albia was that of flames erupting in parts of the city. Frost noticed that it was mostly the southern and western parts of the city. The southern fires traveled across a bit of distance, almost reaching one of the watchtowers, but still noticeably perched away from there. Frost smiled a bit at this. She knew that they knew they couldn't take a watchtower. It would be a suicide mission. They were simply too well guarded.

"Alright, lets split up into two pairs. Widow and I will take the southern part of the city. Frost and Deluge can take the western part. Once the riots seem to be stamped out, regroup here where we can reevaluate our situation. Lets go."

Frost gave Ignitus a look of displeasure. "And who exactly made you the boss here?"

"Enough Frost." Deluge said. "The plan is sound." Frost crossed her arms, but decided to accept the situation for now. Frost and Deluge were about to head out when the Kabutops messenger stopped their leaving and spoke once more.

"Lord Sentinels, one more thing. The rebel leader seems to be moving around through the southern parts of the city, although he was said to have been spotted in the western areas as well. We don't know what his name is, but he is said to be a Sawk. There...are also unconfirmed reports that he may or may not be with the Gold Tribe."

Frost raised an eyebrow. A smile crept on her face as it was said. "Splendid!" She said, as he began to rub her her hands together. Frost turned to Widow and Ignitus. "Well, we'll be off. Don't die now." She said as her smile lingered on her face, making her way to the area. Deluge shook her head and followed, giving a nod of respect to both Widow and Ignitus, and the two took off.

Thieves Forest

Zane stared at Bloodthirster as the exchange happened between him and Roswell. Zane could tell that the Salamence was getting a bit angry, but he hoped his Gold Tribe training would kick in and prevent him from doing anything stupid.

"I am very sorry for their stupid questions Roswell." Defender said next to Zane. Roswell looked over at the Golduck. "I just met these others and we are not very trusting right now. I was almost killed by some traitors in the city. Turned out they were spies for the Silver Tribe. You and the others have heard what's been going on in the cities, haven't you? Apparently the same thing happened to these guys."
Roswell stared at the Golduck for a bit. Zane did as well, wondering what he was doing. He suddenly heard Defender's voice in his head.

"In fact the only reason I survived was because I was out in the streets when the ancients came and smashed the door in. I just got out of there as fast as I could. Swam though one of the waterways right under the Ancient's noses." He said smugly. "I heard about this place and headed over here when I bumped into this crowd and now here I am. So, you and the rest of your village have any need for an ambusher? If you have any bodies of water you go near then I'm the Golduck for you."

Zane looked back between Defender and Roswell. When Defender was finished speaking, he looked at the Lucario, hoping that the rouse fooled him. The Lucario smirked and spoke.

"Yea, I hear ya. You know, the king have a place for a guy like you." he said. Zane almost sighed in relief, but kept himself from doing so, as to not seem to obvious. TrueStriker added in a part as well in a rather blunt tone.

"Just get us there, since you're taking time off to," he said. Roswell nodded, turning around and beginning to walk again. Bloodthirster sent a thought through their mind, relaying his uncertainty.

Do you really think we can fool them? They'll never buy that we're thieves. We're not them. What if they ask us an essential question or something? Roswell already knows we're not thieves, I'm sure of that.

Hoodhide replied. Aww, relax-man! He seemed to-buy-it. We'll-be-alright...Ithink.

I think was right. Zane was unsure about the whole situation. The whole things seemed far too easy. The Thieves Forest was supposed to be a place of danger and impenetrability. Yet here they were,prancing through with almost no problem. It all seemed to easy. Either it all seemed to easy, or, as Roswell put it earlier, not all is as it seems.

Roswell spent the next hour or so walking in what appeared to be circles. There was seemingly no direction or path he was taking, but instead one of zig-zags and frequent stops and retracing of steps. It was utterly confusing to keep track of, as Zane actually tried to do for a while, hoping he might be able to retrace steps if necessary, but to no avail. The path was like a labyrinth. At least that rumor about the forest proved to be true. The others? Not holding as much water. But eventually, after what seemed like hours of following the humming Lucario, he finally stopped in front of a large push, and turned to face them. He crossed his arms, and spoke.

"Well, we're here." He said. Zane looked around the area, hoping to find exactly what he was looking for. He saw nothing but the eerie trees and the bushes. There were no Pokemon (that he could see). There were no houses, or buildings, or anything other than the same sites they have been seeing for the past time they have been walking.

"...Where exactly is it?" Zane asked, looking around. Roswell pointed in the bush in front of them.

"Just go in there." He said, stepping aside to let them through. Zane didn't move an inch, looking at the bush, and then Roswell in a half-worried, half-skeptical look.

"Why won't you go first?" Zane asked him. Roswell began to walk to the back seemingly away.

"I've got some stuff to take care of. I said I'd lead you here, not hold your hand as you go inside. Oh, but some parting advice. Watch your pockets in there. This is the Thieves Fores, after all. Valuables are lost easily. Good luck."

"But...!" Zane never got a chance to finish his sentence as the Lucario disappeared into the forest trees behind them. Zane stared, thinking of pursing him, but slightly afraid he might get lost in the process. He looked over the others.

"I think it's best we be ready."Calamity said in their mind. "Something doesn't seem right."

Zane nodded in agreement. "Well, we got this far. Might as well make the whole trip. Don't worry. We'll have each others' backs." He turned once more to the bushes in front of him. He wondered what exactly he would find on the other side. Taking a deep breath, he decided to make the leap of faith, and step through the bushes. The bushes slightly parted ways, and Zane slipped through and out of the other side. He was taken aback at the brightness that resonated from the other side. As his eyes adjusted, he opened them wide, seeing what exactly lay before him.

His eyes immediately were drawn to the tops of the trees, where hanging between them were forms of large trees houses which seemed to extend for a good mile, if not more. Bridges of wood and rope connected all across them, yet somehow it stably was connected from one tree to another. The tops were decorated with leaves of trees which were put together to make roofs, and although it was far away, Zane could see dozens of roped and ladders extending between the treehouses above and the ground below. In the distance, Zane could see a rather enormous treehouse which was perched between what appeared to be the two largest trees. Zane assumed it was their main building, perhaps where the King of Thieves would be.

But he didn't see any actual Pokemon. Perhaps it was the distance, as it was quite a ways in the air, and still pretty far away (it only showed how enormous the tree houses actually were). Still, it was an eerie feeling. Nobody could be seen within eyesight. Although, if Zane focused his concentration on his ears, he could somewhat hear the sounds of faint laughter and singing, although he wasn't sure if he imagined it, as no actual Pokemon were in view.

That is, except one. In front of them, in fact, right in front of them, sat a Cacturne on a tree trunk, eying them as they passed through the bush suspiciously. He had on a distinct type of armor around his body, though, which seemed hand-crafted and special for him. Who he was, he didn't know, but he had a feeling they were about to find out.

Seems too quiet. Best make up some strategy, if there's an ambush about to happen. Dark Lightning said to them in their mind. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back