• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
People (mainly supermods) say that it's a work in progress, for now you just get sent back to the same page while the staff still figures out the whole coding that would be needed for 'liking'.

But it's pretty neat, isn't it? :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
People (mainly supermods) say that it's a work in progress, for now you just get sent back to the same page while the staff still figures out the whole coding that would be needed for 'liking'.

But it's pretty neat, isn't it? :3

It seems interesting enough. Maybe this could be used to some effect on the RPAs?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So I threw a Sword Art Online RP into the mix, based on the Aincrad arc of the anime/manga.

No need for prior knowledge! If you like what you read in the thread but feel you need more than just PM me of ask in the thread :D
Can't wait to get it started! I think I'll try to find the manga, in the meantime.
EDIT: ugh manga was awful. Light Novels it is!

Hey, did anyone notice that you can now like posts here? It says this right under everyone's signature:

Post liked by people. - Like
I noticed and clicked but nothing happened. But that's not really RP related ;3

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Rp'ing while all of your co-Rp'ers are using first person makes me want to pull a Curt Cobain.

A who--what..?

Practicing your writing is good and all, but doing it with only Collaborative writing in your belt might not be a good idea. I think that Collaborative writing can force you into the habit of complacently following the story line or plot given by a GM and not having a story crafted on your own.

Yeah I could see that. I've actually tried to run both of my current RPs in such a manner as to prevent this, giving people who want to create a plot that power, with no real restrictions other than not taking a wrecking ball to the world I originally set up... metaphorically speaking. (That is to say, completely disregarding the settings and introducing their giant fighting robot to a technological stone age randomly. There's actually nothing preventing them from literally destroying the world, provided it's written well.)

Or, they could follow along in someone else's plot if they see fit to it. I actually tried to sit back and see what others would do in the beginning of Pokemon Fallout. Didn't introduce a significant plot of my own until later on. Based on my observations, many RPers found it somewhat difficult to deal with this, so I now offer plots lead by my characters.

It was honestly slightly disappointing, as I would've loved to see what everyone came up with. Perhaps you'll show me differently? I get the feeling with some more effort you could easily improve your Sign-Up via simply expanding and writing more to get in.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Is there a specific RP of a show, game, book, or concept that you're hoping will be created?

I'd like a digimon RP with levels, somehow. And a goal to work towards, like a journey or mission.

Oh.

I just got one of those RP ideas again. Hang on. A few... weeks...

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
I still has the stuff from our Digimon RP idea Red. :)

And to answer the question, I'd kind of like an RP of the manga series Karneval, what with fighting Varuga alongside Circus.

That or Persona... I remember seeing that one once.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd really be interested in any Shin Megami Tensei RP, pretty much any continuity has great potential. I could see a Persona one being the most likely, as a good chunk of PCs RP community likes playing as teens and high schoolers (I'd have nothing against it, Persona 4 is in my top 5 video games), but I'd be interested in another game, as well.

Actually, I just got an idea for a Devil Survivor 2 RP (2 specifically). Maybe one 'a these days I'll make my own RP. The idea for a short Ace Attorney RP has been in my head for a while.

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
Okay I'm slowly returning to the Pokemon craze, and as I'm working on restoring my resources for Pokemon X I realize there's no way I can do it all by myself. It's nearly as complex as the games due to the amount of elements I'm incorporating.
Spriting, NPC Construction, Mechanics, Even the battle system need work done on it.
And If my hard-drive dies again or my computer bluescreens before I save my work, I'll have to start a large chunk of it over again.
So before I even consider restarting Spectrum Islands. I'll have to get some people to help me finish the resources and later assist in GMing the RP.
I need people who have free access to an up to date PC and are somewhat decent in using the new version of paint.
It also might help if you have alot of free time.
I don't need many sprites made, but I do need to finish the reference charts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay I'm slowly returning to the Pokemon craze, and as I'm working on restoring my resources for Pokemon X I realize there's no way I can do it all by myself. It's nearly as complex as the games due to the amount of elements I'm incorporating.
Spriting, NPC Construction, Mechanics, Even the battle system need work done on it.
And If my hard-drive dies again or my computer bluescreens before I save my work, I'll have to start a large chunk of it over again.
So before I even consider restarting Spectrum Islands. I'll have to get some people to help me finish the resources and later assist in GMing the RP.
I need people who have free access to an up to date PC and are somewhat decent in using the new version of paint.
It also might help if you have alot of free time.
I don't need many sprites made, but I do need to finish the reference charts.
Are you saying that you need people to help you with stuff for an RP?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Kinda sounds like you need help with a hack/emulated game. d:

Yeah ^^

Most RPs here don't use sprites much. But some kind of graphics sure can make a RP look more delicious and fun!

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
Yeah ^^

Most RPs here don't use sprites much. But some kind of graphics sure can make a RP look more delicious and fun!
thats the Idea
That And I always accompany RPs with sprites (along with links to youtube videos for music) to give the full experience.
I would have made it a game, but then I don't get to see the players reactions to every twist in the story.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Hey guys, a roleplay of mine was recently accepted and not many people have shown interest just yet. It takes place during a zombie apocalypse in Kanto. You can find it here

We need a few more members before I try and put up the IC thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Let's live this thread up with a question:

Do you think it's important to make the first post of a RP look good?

With the first post, I mean the one where the plot and rules and all are.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Do you think it's important to make the first post of a RP look good?

I think it has its place, but I'll never judge a RP and its potential based on prettiness. I will, however, eliminate a RP from my interest if the first post is illegible and looks like no effort was put into formatting at all. That said, I don't need fancy CSS, pictures or whatever to garner my interest. It's all about plot and potential. :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
While I don't think presentation is vital, it definitely will sway the attention of most RPers. Generally, while I may be more enticed to read through a nice looking RP opening post, I do think that plot and features are most important, and I won't completely turn down an average or poorly organized RP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Thinking about it, I think that I'm a little more likely to join a RP that looks delicious in the first post, or in the GM's posts like when presenting chapters and such. It's because often, an elegant looking first post is coupled with elegantly written plot and language.

Not always, of course! There are many RPs that don't bother with formatting the first post (or any post) at all and still are amazingly well written. And I guess there have been RPs with gorgeous first posts but mediocre text xD At some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back