• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift was beginning to panic when he saw the blue flare far off in the distance. That has to be one of them...or a trap. I'm going either way. The Swift took of at the speed of light. If it's Ancients, they better surrender now or prepare to fight. Yep, that's right! Anyways....Jirmonji was moving as fast as he could, but the small blue ball in the sky was disappearing every so slowly, and it was still far off. "DAMN ME AND MY ACCURSED 'SCOUTING' MISSIONS!!" It seems that every time he did something on his own, something bad happened, which in all honesty, wasn't even a surprise anymore. I am never leaving them again, except for when I'm on orders.

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Coronis

the infernape went about her business of sending a blast of energy up into the air, Accotosh guessed it was to inform the one known as Swift.

the other Salamence in the group approached Accatosh, he looked at Accatosh straight in the eye.

"Blietzkrieg," the other Salamence said slowly, "do I know you from somewhere?"

Accatosh looked the other Salamence up and down for a moment before responding, also looking the Salamence in the eye with a piercing gaze, "Perhaps... perhaps it was at Gold city we met, or during training at the Academy, what is your name and Title, brother of blood?"

Accatosh thought some more about it... this Salamence did seem familiar, but he couldn't quite remember who this Salamence was.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos
It was a dull evening in Cape City. Vera tried to pass the time while Sovereign looked for a place to put his trophy on display. She felt quite unsettled by the whole idea. It didn't seem like him. She decided to examine the architecture of the city for vantage points. She would need a good place to command Ancients from if the Gold Tribe was indeed heading there.

After quite some time she decided that Sovereign wouldn't be around for a while, and decided that some rest would do her good. She made her way to her quarters in Stone Guard. With the recent deaths, she was given Frost's room to stay in. It was not the most welcoming room, but it had a warm bed and that was what mattered.

As she entered the hall where their quarters reside, she spied a queer sight. Genevieve was walking into Scar's room, her movement evocative and erratic. The door slammed behind her. This was troubling.

Vera left the quarters, and headed to the mess hall. She was no longer in the mood to sleep. If Genevieve was doing what Vera suspected, she was not likely to stay there after the deed is done. And when that happens, she would likely be hungry.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

What a day it had been. It had its ups and downs for Scar, mostly culminating in a major letdown in the manner in which Lord Auron chose to use Genevieve's information. It was disappointing to say the least, having such a fruitful expedition during the day in Thieves Forest end in the slumber of Cape City. By all accounts, they should be celebrating the end of a major thorn in the side of the Silver Tribe. But the fact of the matter is, as much as a nuisance the thieves were to them, the Gold Tribe eclipse any problems the thieves made. Today, they had a chance to crush that thorn forever. They did not take it. Auron chose not to take it.

Scar shook his head as he lay in bed, wondering what would happen the following day. As he saw it, there was nothing more to salvage from this day, only to hope that Lord Auron sought what was overall the best course, and as his loyal servant, he would follow that course. But what did it mean to take the best course? Did it mean the Gold Tribe were to be spared now for an even greater punishment much later? Or did it mean that the Gold Tribe were to be used as bait of some sort to deliver the main target, the Alpha Alliance Generals and their armies? Scar knew not, but the sooner he was to sleep, the sooner the next day's surprises would be revealed to him.

But as it turns out, sleep was not in his plans, at least not yet, as his door was forcefully open, causing Scar to sit up right away and prepare himself, lest it be someone intended on violence. But as it would have it, it was Genevieve.

"Genevieve? What are you do-"

"Scar! I am in need of your services. Entertain me with your mind, or make room in your bed. Let it be known, I have no intention of sleeping."

Scar gazed upon her as she shut the door. He titled his head, trying to figure out what was wrong, as something definitely was. She certainly wasn't her normal self: composed, tender, manipulative, and cunning. There was something terribly odd about her now. As she demanded Scar's 'services' from him, Scar thoughtfully pondered on which action he should take. On one hand, it was Genevieve, and whether in her presence for conversation, or other affairs, Scar would surely enjoy it. On the other hand, she didn't quite seem to be in her right mind now, and it may have been best for her to simply sleep it off or sort it out another, private way. What would probably have been the right thing to do is send her off about her business, and perhaps refer her to the infirmary.

But of course, the self-centered Scar wasn't interested in what was right, or what was best, but merely what benefited him the most. He walked over to the balcony of his room, closing the curtains so as to be certain not to be disturbed. "Yes, yes. Make yourself at home, my dear." He said to her, rubbing his hands together. "Now then, what shall we talk about, hmm?" He pondered, giving her a mischievous smile.

***​

Plains of Valkaria

"I'll send a signal up," Wildfire said in response, lifting her arm and sending across a combo attack of hers, emitting a blue light bright enough for the Swift to probably see, but hopefully not bright enough for anyone else to notice. Zane nodded towards her, then addressed Blitzkrieg's question.

"Ah, that's right. You two are probably not familiar with everyone here." Zane began, though he noticed that Bloodthirster and Blitzkrieg may or may not have known each other. Zane gestured his arm to each Gold Tribe member for Bane and Blitzkrieg to meet. "This is TrueStriker, Wildfire, Speculum, Gallant, The Healer, Hoodhide, Dryad, The Prince of Light, and Guardia. There's also the Swift, who is another brother, off scouting, and there's..." Zane stopped at the Old Alakazam, unsure of what to call him, before the old Gold Tribe member interjected himself.

"You may call me the Keeper." He said to the two of them with a wrinkly smile.

"Right." Zane said. He continued. "Defender is another one of ours, one we're currently trying to locate. He's...had some problems of late. In fact, we've all been through a lot over these last few weeks. It's quite the story, in fact, if you're in the mood for it..."

Zane began to tell them the story of everything that had occurred since Liberty Forest, from the path to Poseida Village, to the battle and victory in Eternity City. He then told them about their exploits in the Thieves Forest, followed by the failed ambush, as well as the following battle in Albia. He mentioned specifically of the defeats of the Sentinels, as well as deaths of the other Gold Tribe members. Then he spoke of the Golden Catacombs, and the secrets they uncovered there. He tried to tell them every detail of the journey, from the Dark God they discovered about, to the two crystals, Gold and Silver, that existed. He even told them about Noctus Gamble, who was potentially the cause of all of this to begin with, emphasizing his last name Gamble, the same last name of Galleon Gamble, the former Order of Neoverse Emperor 100 years ago.

"...and that's our story. Now, we're heading to Cape City, to try to find the Gold Crystal to hopefully end all this misery, as well as trying to locate Defender, who had run off earlier."

Zane looked over the expressions of the two, but also at everyone else's. He imagined it wasn't the most comfortable tale to recollect to them. He sighed, looking up into the night sky, before looking around in the directions. To his back was the Thieves Forest, where who knows what occurs now. In front of him was the Korhal Mountains, the large behemoths that extended to the sky. As he looked left, he saw the path they had already traveled across, from Albia and beyond that, and as he looked to his right, he saw the path yet traveled, where Cape City was, and beyond that.

Suddenly, as he looked on to the east, he noticed what he believed to be a figure in the distance. He stood up, and took a few steps in that direction, narrowing his eyes, thereby confirming someone there.

"Ah! Look, I think there's the Swift in the distance!" He said to the others around the fire, giving them a smile, before looking back at the figure in the distance. He walk a bit more forward, deciding to greet the Swift there. He was still quite a distance away. Zane wondered why he had taken so long in the first place, and what, if anything, he had uncovered. Zane treaded along the grass softly as he walked closer and closer in that direction, still realizing how far he was away from then.

Then suddenly, his smile dropped, as he narrowed his eyes to confirm not one, but two figures in the distance. If one was the Swift, who was the other. However, as a moment passed again, he saw yet another figure. Judging by the distance they were moving, they were running. At quite an alarming speed too. He then saw as one of the figures apparently released an attack back at something behind them. Apparently, something was following them. The trees of the forest blocked his initial view, but as he got closer, he saw more clearly. There was what he believed to be an Eevee, a Pawniard, and a Tyrogue. Following not to close behind them were...

Ancients. Lots of them. At least a few dozen, and that was what he could see from that distance. They were being attacked! Zane quickly ran back to the others around the campfire.

"Ancients! They're in pursuit of a couple of Pokemon. Come on, we have to help!"

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye

Once they'd combined their power and started searching, it didn't take long for Bane to find her brother. There was a moment as Hanso thought he heard a stray thought; it seemed intended for him, or his group, but he'd moved on with Bane. He concentrated more on holding the connection, allowing the Ninetales to talk with her brother. Yet, though he kept his mind mostly clear and was silent, the Gallade listened to their conversation for an unspoken reason.

"Heeeeeeeey, what is this? Where are you and why are you probing me? You know it's annoying!"

"I love you too, Rai. Long time no argument. I'd ask you how you've been, but that's not why I contacted you," Kasey retorted.

"Then why have you contacted me?" Rai questioned, annoyed.

"I need you to meet me in Cape City. I'm currently traveling with the group of Gold Tribe that Sai accompanied."

"Sai? You're with him? How is he? It's been a while since I've seen either of you," Rai said.

"We'll talk when you get here. Now, are you coming or not?" Kasey's tone was becoming one of annoyance.

"Fine! Fine, we'll be there. We were actually heading in that direction anyways. See you there," Rai relented.

"See you then. I'll contact you once we reach Cape City."

Hanso let the connection drop moments after Bane, who said, "Thank you," before lying down close to the fire.

He nodded back, staying where he was, then turned his attention back to the rest of the group as Zane asked, "Hey, anyone seen the Swift? He's not back yet, and it's getting late. We should be heading to sleep soon. Defender may need us."

The thought that Penance might need them, considering the past few days, made Hanso smirk briefly as he then stared into the fire, almost wanting to laugh. The Golduck was an exceptional planner, even if their ambush had been ambushed. Penance had been lied to, and he had, assuming he still meant it, revoked his own membership, in a way. Going by the letter he'd left, he was planning something now, likely with help from certain of Cape City's residents. As Hanso thought, noting the signal that Wildfire sent up, he realized that, whatever else he might tell Genevieve in the future, Penance's location and potential plan would be one of the few things that the Gallade wouldn't mention. Among the other few things was the fact that the Keeper was with the Gold Tribe now.

As Zane introduced each of them to Accatosh and Bane, then told their story, Hanso closed his eyes again, this time searching the area around the camp for The Swift. He started close, then increased his radius, looking for the Scizor's mind. At about the same time that Hanso found him with his sense, his ears heard Zane say, "Ah! Look, I think there's the Swift in the distance!"

The Bisharp began walking away, not noticing the frown on Hanso's face. He wasn't so sure about that... He relayed a message to The Swift, saying, "If you saw the flare, then keep coming this way, Wildfire sent it up." Once that was done, Hanso turned his attention to whoever Zane had apparently seen, extending his sense in that direction. It was already clear that there was more than one; no one Hanso immediately recognized. There was the feel of more behind those three, many more minds...that had that odd, empty feeling...

Snap! Hanso quickly turned his telepathy back to The Swift, relaying, "Keep an eye out for another group, coming from the east, three Pokemon followed by Ancients, don't attack without thinking!"

"Ancients! They're in pursuit of a couple of Pokemon. Come on, we have to help!" That was Zane, coming back to camp.

"The Swift is still alive," Hanso announced, pushing himself up, arm-blades unsheathing. "One or two of us need to get those three away before the Ancients catch up to them. Bloodthirster, Blitzkrieg, can you do that?" He then set up a quick network, first adding Zane and the Swift to it as he asked the Scizor, "Are you close enough to see how many Ancients?" As he talked, Hanso put up his hands and created a ball of blue energy, sending out a Future Sight attack to hit one of the Ancients in the distance.

Years
  • Seen today
"Ancients! They're in pursuit of a couple of Pokemon. Come on, we have to help!" Vigil shouted

"The Swift is still alive," TrueStriker announced, pushing himself up, arm-blades unsheathing. "One or two of us need to get those three away before the Ancients catch up to them. Bloodthirster, Blitzkrieg, can you do that?"

"easily done" Accatosh responded taking to the sky, took aim at the closing space between the three approaching Pokemon and the Ancients and letting out a quarter charged fire blast from his mouth, the blast hit the front of the group of Ancients causing them to be slightly disoriented by the blast, but barely injured.

Accatosh returned to the ground and charged towards the Ancients, stopping in the space between the three retreating Pokemon and the Ancients, he took a protective stance, not showing fear, or any emotion for that matter, he stood his ground. "you want them... your gonna' have to get through ME." he shouted at the Ancients, stomping his foot to emphasize his meaning. he turned his head to the other three pokemon now behind him, "run for the fire light just ahead." he ordered, turning his attention back to the Ancients.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"Are you close enough to see how many ancients there are?" The Swift recieved Hanso's message, as well as the one stating that some Ancients pursuing some pokemon.

He glanced to the right and noticed a few dozen of the antagonists chasing some pokemon. "Damn it. I'd say around fifty or so."He then noticed a Salamance, the one they call Blitzkreig, land between the victims and the Ancients and roar out a challenge of defiance. These damned Salamances are braver than anyone I've seen. He rushed in and took up a fighting stance in front of Blitzkrieg. "You will have to go through me as well." He glanced at the Salamance and nodded. "You do not stand alone brother. I am glad that you have come."

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

As Vigil introduced the Gold Tribe to the two new arrivals, Daricka nodded her head to Bane and Blitzkrieg as he said her title, allowing a brief flash of respect for her brother and sister to enter her eyes before her stoic expression returned. The Bisharp went on to explain had happened since Liberty Forest - before Daricka had joined up with the group - through the battle in Eternity City - where she had been reunited with the Gold Tribe for the first time since the Silver Tribe invasion - and all the way up to now, detailing out what they had learned in the Golden Catacombs. The entire time he was talking, Daricka kept her eyes fixed on the surrounding trees, waiting for The Swift to return.

Just as Vigil was finishing his story, Daricka narrowed her eyes at the flickering of shadows in the trees. She stared harder as she rose to her feet. Hopefully it was The Swift finally returning from his scouting mission, but the shape wasn't moving fast enough to be the Scizor...

"Ah! Look, I think there's The Swift in the distance!" Vigil said, smiling to them before walking out to meet the figure. Daricka followed a few paces behind him, her oceanic eyes still fixed on the approaching figure - no, wait, figures, and all much to short to be The Swift. Vigil seemed to notice this at the same time as the Infernape, his smile dropping. The three figures could now be recognized as an Eevee, Pawniard, and Tyrogue, and not far behind them were Ancients. Lots of Ancients.

"Ancients! They're in pursuit of a couple of Pokemon. Come on, we have to help!" Vigil shouted, running back to the others.

Daricka was already launching herself toward the approaching group, a Focus Blast rapidly forming between her hands. A shadow flew overhead, and she didn't need to look up to know it would be one of the Salamence charging in to protect the three Pokemon fleeing from the Ancients. She was proven correct when a Fire Blast temporarily halted the progress of the Ancients before Blitzkrieg landed in front, shouting something to them that Daricka didn't pay any heed to as she loosed the glowing orb of energy she had collected between her palms. The Focus Blast slammed into a Kabutops at the front of the group, the explosive impact throwing it off of its feet and into its comrades behind it, causing the Ancients to stumble over one another as Daricka leaped back to stand by The Swift and Blitzkrieg.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Kyusu "Kasey" Fuella Arashi
Gold Tribe
Plains of Valkaria
Ancient Power

"Yea, but we've all improved on this journey. Every day, we get stronger. Every major fight we've fought, we get better," One of the Gold Tribe members said as Kasey had taken her spot next to the fire. "And everyday, we get more numbers," she continued, smirking at Kasey. "I'm sorry about your brother Calamity, by the way. He was a good friend. A great fighter. He saved our a$$es back in Albia." This last part had been directed at Kasey. She nodded her head slightly in acknowledgement.

"Thank you," Kasey said, not sure of what else she could say.

Kasey's eyes glanced towards Zane as he spoke once again. "Hey, anyone seen the Swift? He's not back yet, and it's getting late. We should be heading to sleep soon. Defender may need us."

"I'll send a signal up," the Infernape Kasey had seen earlier stated. She raised her hands and loosed a bright blue orb of energy into the sky. Kasey followed it with her eyes. It would certainly be visible to anyone in the nearby area while it was this dark out. She wasn't sure that was a good thing.

After a moment, Zane began to speak again. He motioned towards Kasey and the new, green Salamence. "Ah, that's right. You two are probably not familiar with everyone here. This is TrueStriker, Wildfire, Speculum, Gallant, The Healer, Hoodhide, Dryad, The Prince of Light, and Guardia. There's also the Swift, who is another brother, off scouting, and there's . . . ," Zane hesitated as he reached the elderly Alakazam, apparently blanking on his title.

"You may call me the Keeper," the Alakazam said, smiling at Kasey and the Salamence.

"Right," Zane said. "Defender is another one of ours, one we're currently trying to locate. He's . . . had some problems of late. In fact, we've all been through a lot over these last few weeks. It's quite the story, in fact, if you're in the mood for it. . . ."

Zane began to tell them the story of everything that had occurred since they started out on their journey from Liberty Forest. Kasey paid specific attention to the areas mentioning Sainan, desiring to hear as much about the last months of her brother's life as possible. Zane placed emphasis on the defeats of all of the Sentinels that had fallen so far, as well as the deaths of their fallen comrades. Kasey listened to the details of her brother's demise, taking in every detail. Eventually Zane made it to a part of their journey unknown to Kasey, and rather recent at that. Zane spoke of the knowledge that they had gained in the Golden Catacombs, and Kasey's eyes widened in shock; one of the few times her countenance betrayed the thoughts beneath. There was so much to take in, and it explained most everything about the horrors that had been occurring within that last few years. Kasey listened intently, filing away every bit of information so that she may review it later.

". . . and that's our story. Now, we're heading to Cape City, to try to find the Gold Crystal to hopefully end all this misery, as well as trying to locate Defender, who had run off earlier," Zane finished.

Zane looked over the Gold Tribe, lingering on Kasey and the Salamence. After a moment, Zane seemed to notice something and took a few steps to the east, narrowing his eyes to try and identify what he was seeing. Kasey followed his line of sight.

"Ah! Look, I think there's the Swift in the distance!" Zane said, smiling. He moved along the grass softly as he walked closer to the approaching figure, which was still considerably far away.

Kasey watched as Zane's smile dropped. He had seen what she saw. Her night vision was likely considerably better than the Bisharp's, and she had noticed that there were multiple figures in the distance. Not knowing what The Swift had looked like in the first place, she had been unsure whether to be on her guard or not. So, of course, she was, having gotten to her feet and taken a solid stance.

"Ancients! They're in pursuit of a couple of Pokemon. Come on, we have to help!" Zane yelled, finally realizing the threat moving swiftly towards the camp.

"The Swift is still alive," Hanso announced, getting to his feet and unsheathing the blades on his arms. "One or two of us need to get those three away before the Ancients catch up to them. Bloodthirster, Blitzkrieg, can you do that?" After a moment of what Kasey noticed as a telepathic connection being forged, Hanso released a Future Sight attack towards the Ancients.

The green Salamence, Blitzkrieg, took to the skies and launched a Fire Blast at the ancients. It barely fazed them. He then landed on the ground between those who were fleeing and the Ancients, shouting at the prehistoric creatures. "You want them . . . you're gonna' have to get through ME!" Blitzkrieg stomped his foot for emphasis. He turned is head to the small ones. "Run for the fire light just ahead."

All of this happened in a matter of seconds as Kasey formulated a battle strategy. She placed her right paw forward and focused her energy. For a moment, the campsite went dark as the campfire seemed to disappear. Half a second later, the light reappeared in the form of a fire cloak surrounding Kasey's fur. She focused her power and let the flames gather in front of her mouth, charging their energy for a full minute. She then loosed an incredibly powerful Flamethrower that swept through the first two rows of Ancients and knocked a number of them over for a few seconds. It merely stunned them, but it gave Kasey enough time to move in and slowed the Ancients that ran behind them.

The problem with Kasey's moveset was that it was meant more for one on one combat or a battle against a small group of enemies. In this situation, Kasey wasn't sure how greatly she would fare. She was certain she could hold her own against a single Sentinel for a time, but in this scenario she was vastly outnumbered. She could only hope that someone would assist her if she screwed up.

'Screw up?' Kasey thought, 'I don't know the meaning!' She ran towards the Ancients with blinding speed, blessing her comrades with Safeguard as she ran by. Once she had run into a space in the center of the first few rows of Ancients, her body began to glow a deep pink. The ground around her feet shook slightly and debris began to rise as the glow around her body grew. It flared into a bright pink shell that tore through the nearby Ancients. It was her Secret Power.

Once her Secret Power subsided, Kasey began attacking the Ancients left and right using Hex. Many of them had received negative effects from Secret Power, which increased the strength of Hex. She knocked half a dozen Ancients unconscious in the next three minutes, but while her attention was elsewhere a Rampardos took its opportunity to attack.

It charged full speed into Kasey's side, inflicting an agonizingly painful blow that sent Kasey flying over seven yards to the east with a shrill yelp. The Rampardoes must have had some sort of plan, because Kasey landed directly on the face-shield of a Bastiodon, which flung its head upwards and sent her soaring into the air, still weak from the blow the Rampardos had delivered. Kasey's eyes were squeezed shut with pain, but she had opened them halfway just in time to notice a Flash Cannon sailing towards her. In midair and stunned from pain, there was nothing she could do to avoid it. She braced herself as the energy blast rammed her head-on.

The momentum of the blast combined with the momentum of her flight caused Kasey to be sent flying a hundred feet into the nearby forest. She landed on the ground so hard that debris flew upwards for five feet and a neat little crater was formed around her body.

"Heh . . . so much for not screwing up . . . ," she said weakly, coughing violently a moment after. She began to slip into blackness, but from the feel of the attack Kasey felt that she could move on if she tried hard enough. After three more agonizing minutes, she managed to crawl out of the crater and lean up against a nearby tree, gasping for air as she attempted to regain her strength.​

Years
  • Seen today

after the strike from the flash cannon sent their sister, the ninetales, into the distance, Accatosh charged and let loose a full dragon's rage. devastating the area. knocking out a good number of Ancients, then he went head to head with the Rampardos, "NO ONE HARMS MY SISTER OF TRIBE!!!" he yelled, clearly enraged. he tucked his head low, just below the Rampardos' head, right into it's torso... now he had him. he flexed his neck muscles and tossed the pokemon high in the air, then blasting him with an all out Fire Blast. he turned his attention to the Bastiodon. "you next?" he snarled as they locked in head to head combat.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift was almost terrifed of Blitzkrieg's rage. "SAVE SOME FOR ME, BROTHER!" He cried out withh a zealous rage. He leapt into the midst of a group of Kabutops and Armaldos and began lashing out with Metal Claws left and right. He felled the beasts left and right without discrimination. The Ancients would not last long under the onslaught of the two warriors. "YOU SHALL NOT SEE ANOTHER VICTORY!" He was crossed by a Bastiodon, who rammed into him. Jirmonji attempted to impede him, but he was sent sprawling as the Bastiodon wheeled around. The Scizor began firing countless volleys of Silver Wind, and the hulk came to a halt feet away from him.

Years
  • Seen today

Accatosh looked at the one he could only guess was called the swift, "you alright, Brother?" he called from over from his own battle. then he felt a thud, he noticed that there was much more force being pushed against him this time, another thud, even more force. this continued until he grunted at the tenth thud. he then got a mental picture of about ten Bastiodons pushing against him, causing him to slide back a couple of feet, but not loose his balance. he closed his eyes, "no... I will NOT LOOSE," he roared as he tapped into the power from his dragon heart, and charged it and released it into a powerful Giga Impact, that sent him and his attack through the line of Bastiodons and out a little further, he used the momentum from the attack to pull himself into the air, where he stayed for a moment before returning to his previous position, breathing rather heavily.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"You alright brother?" The Swift heard Accatosh call out. The Salamance was an Arceus-Send. He was drawing the attention of the tougher Bastiodons, which were a difficult target for Jirmonji. It was a wonder how he wasn't falling.

"Never better brother!" He called out in response as he finished off a Kabutops. The pair of Gold Tribe members were clearing a suitable amount of Ancients, but they just kept coming. They couldn't hold them off by themselves. "WE NEED TO HOLD THEM OFF UNTIL THE OTHERS ARRIVE!" He called out to Blitzkrieg. "THEN WE CAN DEFEAT THEM!" He snapped the neck of a nearby Rampardos and leapt to the aid of the Salamance by defeating the nearest Bastidon with a powerful Metal Claw, and the one next to him with a volley of Silver Winds to the uncovered back.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit
Genevieve woke with a fright. Her eyes fluttered open, only to be embraced by the looming darkness of night. It took her several minutes to recognize where she was. A nauseous feeling rising from the pit of her stomach. Even in the impossibly low light, she could sense the other individual in the room with her. The heat of his body, the sound of his breath. His metaphysical presence reminded her that it was indeed Scar. Her arm reached out and she could feel him laying next to her, his body uncomfortably close. She recoiled as she touched him, like a hand being licked by flame. Genevieve had a hard time recalling the events that occurred, it was like a great blur had clouded her vision. Several moments of quiet reflection helped to defog her memory, but she almost wished it hadn't. Everything that occurred no more than a few hours earlier came flooding back to her. No detail was left forgotten.

Trying her best not to wake her bed companion, she slid out from under the restrictive cover of sheets, her body stumbling as feet hit the ground. The nauseated feeling that she was already fighting returned in full force. Running to the balcony, she pushed the curtains out of the way, moonlight bathing her in its soft glow. Clinging to the railing, she leaned over the side and emptied her stomach of what little food she had eaten the day prior. As she finished, she brought a shaking hand to her face to wipe at her mouth. Her lone silhouette popped against the darkness that encompassed her. She had never felt so alone and powerless. Nothing had really changed. All of her psychic abilities were still there, her mental powers and intelligence. It was the powerlessness of your body betraying itself. To think that you could break down and have no control over what just happened. This did not sadden her like it might have the few hours before, now it angered her.

Anger that swelled at herself for being weak. At Auron for playing this chess game that prevented her from seeing the entire board and numerous other things that earned her hatred. All she knew, was that she couldn't stay in this room any longer. She couldn't risk the chance that Scar could wake. That was an encounter and conversation that was best had another time, or preferably, not at all. Sneaking back in from the balcony, she made her way back through the room and towards the door. With a slow and agonizing creak, she opened it and snuck back into the waiting hallway. There was no sense going back to her quarters. The bed would still be in shambles and she was in no mood to sleep anyway. Her steps carried her silently away from the other rooms, a nearby ancient straightened out of respect as she approached. He had most likely been assigned as a guard for the area, but his presence was repulsive in her current state. She cast him a glare from the corner of her eyes and reached out with all her psychic might as she crushed the Kabutops' body against the floor. It made her feel better somehow, the random squashing of the useless whelp.

She stared at the crumpled and lifeless body that now littered the way. That was the key. If killing this useless ancient had brought her pleasure, what would killing a Golden boy do for her? Surely it would lift her mood tremendously. Leaving the Kabutops' body alone, she left down the hall once again. The building seemed incredibly quiet at that particular hour. Nary a noise escaped its confines. The halls were deserted beyond the guards who stood vigilant, the air still and comfortable. She walked without aim or purpose, simply walking as to walk.

She hated herself for what she had done. Never before had such an incident occured with one of her comrades. How would this sour the professional relationship that she had so carefully constructed? Would Scar keep this indiscretion to himself, or would he proudly boast of his conquest? Every thought that ran through her head only culminated in more bad scenarios that further fueled her anger. Feelings outside of anger and manipulation were things she had long given up. The Siren was not known for moments of weakness. She could not recall a moment in recent history that she had ever felt this way. And she swore, it would never happen again.

Without even realizing where she had arrived, she had entered the dining hall. She wasn't even hungry, her upset stomach still dancing in her body. There was somebody else in the room with her and it took her but a second to search out who it was. The ever repugnant, Vera. She cursed herself under her breath, interaction with the infernal woman was not high on her list right now. Turning quietly, she hoped maybe she hadn't been seen. She began to slowly retrace her steps back towards the dining hall exit, wishful that Vera had better things to tend to.​

Years
  • Seen today

"WE NEED TO HOLD THEM OFF UNTIL THE OTHERS ARRIVE!" the scizor called out to Accatosh, "THEN WE CAN DEFEAT THEM!"

Accatosh thought for a moment, although there was a ton of them... That's it... although there was a ton of these Ancients here there was something he could do.. but he would have to be quick... he cleared his head, focused his thoughts on the elements he was going to use in this attack, a fully charged Draco Meteor, a fully charged Fire blast, and an over charged Dragon Rage.
"we need to first find the sister of ours, the Ninetales... go find her, I'll hold them off." he ordered. He turned his attention to the oncoming Ancients "COME ON!" he shouted his challenge to them, they took the bait and went for him,"time to show why I'm called 'Blitzkrieg" he whispered to himself as he went again to the power in his Dragon heart... this time however instead of just tapping into it, he opened the flood gates to it, he breathed in deeply... feeling the power charge his entire body,the power emanated from his body, he arched his head back and let out a war-cry and charged into battle. he fought like he was fighting for like the lives of his family was on the line.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji pondered what Blitzkrieg said. On one hand, Kasey was out there injured. On the other, Accatosh would be swarmed and ultimately defeated by the sheer numbers. I can't choose between siblings in arms...He dashed an Armaldo's brains out and continued thinking. I do not like these choices. He began dueling with a nearby Kabutops with animosity that would've frightened a Garchomp's. He had to fight harder. He would have to defeat the Ancients and then go search for Kasey. He could not abandon Accatosh. "I'M NOT GOIN' ANYWHERE!" He cried out and rushed in behind the Salamance.

Years
  • Seen today

the words cried out by the scizor, were lost in Accatosh's Blitz, but it was clear that the pokemon wasn't going to leave him alone... he would have to end this as quickly as possible... he thought for a moment, did he have the power left to make this final attack. this ending blow?

After some thought he decided that it was worth the risk. he cast protect on the two of them, then prepped his attack, a combination of Fire Blast, Dragon rage, and Draco meteor... it had been a long time since he used a combo like that before... he charged the Draco meteor first, ten charged the Dragon Rage and Fire Blast inside the Draco Meteor, after the attacks were overcharged he sent the blast straight up into the air, the attack split just as he planned it and the smaller meteors were falling straight down onto the battlefield. Accatosh waited for the attacks to strike. wen the meteor's hit, they left burning craters wherever they fell. Accatosh knew that there would be very few servivers... then he thought of the Ninetales, and then he remembered the something else he must have subconsiously put into the combination... a power that actually would keep the attack away from other Gold Tribe Members, he threw in protect under such conditions... the meteors continued to fall destroying the field of battle and devastating the Ancients.

Accatosh looked at the scizor and said, "I haven't used this combination ever since Gold City... don't worry brother, we are safe, our wounded sister, and our healthy sister. all safe from this attack..." he paused as another meteor hit.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye

Blitzkrieg and Wildfire responded immediately, moving in to take a stand between the Ancients and the three Pokemon - an Eevee, a Pawniard, and a Tyrogue, from the looks of it. Swift's reply was, "Damn it. I'd say around fifty or so." Zane should have heard that through the network Hanso had thrown up hastily; he felt that less repetition was better. Seconds later, Bane acted as well, drawing on the flames of the campfire to send a Flamethrower in the Ancients direction, before running in as well. From the looks of it, the Swift had arrived as well.

Hanso hesitated. From what he could tell from a quick scan, the pursued were real enough, yet...what if someone, a Sentinel perhaps, was directing the Ancients? What if another group was sneaking around behind the Gold Tribe at that moment? The Gallade then cursed himself for hesitating, then took a few moments to connect the entire Gold Tribe to his telepathic network, even the Keeper. "Someone keep an eye out in case there's another group somewhere," Hanso relayed, shoring up the network's defenses. If nothing else, there could be more behind the few dozen they could already see. Yet, again, Hanso hesitated, not charging into the thick of battle like a few of the others.

Then, a few of the Ancients, Bastiodon and Rampardos, got the idea of going around the fighting Gold Tribe, charging the three Pokemon. Hanso wasn't going to waste time wondering how they avoided the others' attacks. He instead teleported behind the three pursued, delivering a brief flurry of Psycho Cuts to surprise the Ancients long enough to turn around, get his arms around the three, and teleport back to the campsite. Without taking the time to see what manner of Pokemon they were, or to wonder about anything else, Hanso left the three in front of the Keeper, or where he'd last seen the Alakazam, anyways, then turned back to the fight.

Just in time to see Bane be sent flying into the forest. How'd that happen? Hanso noted the relative location he saw her fall into, idly seeing his Future Sight hit somewhere in the battle, then teleported to the edge of the forest. Once he located her mind, Hanso ran further in, finding the Ninetales leaning against a tree for support. Without saying a word - there wasn't much for him to say, anyways - the Gallade held his hands up again, forming a Heal Pulse between them and sending it to seep into Bane. That should, if he did it right, be enough to keep her going for now. I'm obviously not an expert at it, at any rate. Hanso turned and ran back to the forest's edge, halting before he reached the open to take assessment. After a moment, he began jumping and pulling himself up one of the trees to see better.

Not that there was a whole lot of anything new. Blitzkrieg and the Swift were fighting fiercely, of course. A few seconds later, the Salamence fired something into the sky that split into multiple, smaller meteors that landed on the battlefield, obliterating the Ancients that were hit directly. This...this was what had made the Gold Tribe unique in the Alpha Alliance: the power, endurance, and skills to fight in such a manner. Yet, even they had been overpowered by the Sentinels, whose powers had been augmented... Well, let's take away that augmentation, when we get to it.

For now, though, it might be better to avoid the meteors' danger zone.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

The Gold Tribe instantly leapt into action, getting to work on helping the Pokemon, and defeating the Ancients. Zane saw Blitzkrieg attempt to secure a path for them at the beckoning of TrueStriker. He was brave and full of valor, but Zane also thought a bit reckless, going in to fight so many on his own, especially after hearing that there was around 50 or so Ancients from the Swift. Or at least that was what it looked like for the moment, until the sudden appearance of The Swift made two hold the line. Zane was still quite a distance behind, citing how much faster Blitzkrieg on his wings were than himself. Nevertheless, Zane kept his pace, preparing a Swords Dance as he charged, feeling the additional power begin to form inside him. Zane was suddenly passed by a few more blurs of speed, one first as everything initially went dark as he noticed the campsite fire behind them momentarily depleting before seeing the fire around Bane as she sped passed him. She was joined by Wildfire, and soon after by Guardia, as they made their way in front of the Ancients and securing an escape for the three Pokemon. The Healer instantly went over to check up on the three to ensure they were alright.

Zane made notice of the difference in speed between some of the Gold Tribe members. The Swift, Guardia, Bane, Wildfire and the two Salamences were probably among the faster members, as Sword and Shield, Gallant, the Keeper and Dryad were probably among the slower everyone else falling somewhere in the middle. But as he noticed with Bane taking a collision and a few hits, sending her hurling into the forest, some of the faster ones probably didn't have as much endurance as himself and some of the others. These were the traits they had to use when combating a larger force. Playing to everyone's advantage.

"Sword and Shield, Gallant, come help me secure the line out in front! The rest of you, take them down!" He yelled, finally catching up to the others as a pack of Bastiodon charged forward. Zane held up his arms, holding firm as a Bastiodon rammed right into him, forcing him back a meter or two, but the added boost of strength coursing in him with Swords Dance held him together, and after the initial impact, Zane began pushing the beast back, running forward as the Ancient helplessly tried to push on back. Zane eventually ran forward enough to perform an Iron Head right onto the beast, ramming him right into the side of the Korhal Mountain, crashing into it and causing a few rocks to crumble on top of it, burying it. Zane stood up from the crash, and looked back onwards to the battlefield as his brothers and sisters engaged with the Ancients. He paused only for a second to ensure Bane was alright from a distance before heading back into the action. He then received a message fro TrueStriker ensuring no other groups around. Zane took this opportunity to look around some more. As he did, he saw The Swift and Blitzkrief fighting together. The two of them actually made a pretty good fighting pair, he noticed. Blitzkrieg then unleashed a sort of meteor attack, burning nearby Ancients and holding them back, giving the other Gold Tribe members ample time to make it in front to join the others. Zane leaped forward next to The Swift and Blitzkrieg.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, brothers." He said to them. He leapt forward, ramming into a Kabutops with an Iron Head, the added strength of his Swords Dance bringing the Ancient to his knees in a single blow, probably with a few cracked ribs, at the least. Zane looked down at his handiwork, before moving his eyes back up to the other Ancients, ready for more. Unexpectedly, a voice came from among the surviving Ancients.

"Hold!" The voice said. At that moment, all remaining Ancients who were standing stopped fighting. The path in the middle parted, and to the forefront came another Scizor. Sentry, the Sentinel. The so-called fastest Pokemon alive. He had held that title even back when he was a Gold Tribe member.

"Sentry!" Zane shouted irately.

"Ah, the Gold Tribe…this is problematic. Here you are, and yet…Lord Auron's orders…hmmm…" He placed one claw to his chin, as if debating what to do next. Zane prepared a stance, ready to strike. There was silence among them for the briefest of moments, but Sentry spoke again. "Much as this would be a good a time as any, I was in pursuit of those other Pokemon, not you."

"If you want them, you claim them only through us."

"Yes, I figured as much." He stated with a deep sigh. "Today is not the day you die. But mark me: that time comes soon. Ancients! We move out!" He yelled to them, and in unitary fashion, they snapped to attention and headed back east. Sentry eyed the group once more, his eyes traveling from one Gold Tribe member to the next. He lingered on the Swift just a bit longer than the rest of them, before coldly turning and retreating. Zane did not retreat from his stance, observing the Scizor tread away. He thought for a moment what he should do, whether he should try to attack him. But he figured it would be useless. Instead, another thought popped into his mind.

"Where's Noctus?" Zane asked Sentry. At the mention of the name, Sentry turned and looked at Zane, a somewhat confused look on his face.

"…Noctus?" He repeated, trying to apparently decipher the name. He then suddenly realized. "Oh. Him. So Noctus is his name. I never did learn his name. Who knows? I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find him." Sentry turned, speaking back to Zane as he departed. "Or perhaps not."

With no more words between them, Sentry departed with the Ancients, those who did not survive still littering the area around, along with scorch marks from the Gold Tribe's damage. His eyes turned back to those who began this entire fray, the three Pokemon they saved. He wondered what their story was.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift sighed as Blitzkrieg commented on their safety. "You are right brother. You fight like a true member of the Gold Tribe." He said admiringly. The Salamance was a ferocious combatant. Jirmonji had seen very few displays of strength like it.

The rest of the Gold Tribe was arriving while Accatosh's meteor shower rained down. Zane approached them. "Sorry to keep you waiting brothers." He said apologetically. The Gold Tribe had arrived. An Arceus-send.

"It is no problem, brother. We knew you were coming." The Swift said truthfully. "This was no more than a skirmish." He said a little arrogantly. "We had each other's back." He felt that with a sibling-in-arms at his back, he could face the whole world that they would not be over-taken. He was about to make a witty comment about their victory when a Scizor approached. DAMN IT! It was Sentry, the supposed fastest pokemon alive.

There was a brief exchange between him and Vigil. He was leaving. Damn. The Swift wanted to do nothing other than pound that arrogant wretch's abdomen in. Sentry approached him and gave him a cold stare. The Swift returned the gaze and whispered just loud enough for him to hear. "The next time we meet, we fight. To the death." To back his words up, he stamped his foot.

When the Sentinel was out of ear shot, Jirmonji told the nearby Gold Tribe, "I'm way faster than that Arceus-forsaken prig." He had a feeling of sincere hatred towards him. "He is a disgrace to Scizor kind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back