• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
Years
I've played the game, and yes, the music is awesome!
I've tried contacting him (or her) before and he never responded, so there goes that idea. Anyways, the music will be made by clonex25 and Magnius, and the ones that sound bad are probably the ones I made myself because I didn't want the generic crap from RSE.
Yeah, I'm going to (somehow) try to figure out how to disable the map until the flag is set.
Yeah, it's still Birch because I didn't edit the text at that point, and so what would happen if you called Elm and got Birch instead? :S Don't worry, it's fixed for Beta 2.
Annddd... you're right. Since Emerald didn't have one built-in, I thought that it would be hopeless. But, some ASM later, I have done it! It will be available in CrystalDust Beta 2.

Really? I actually Youtube'd PM'ed him once, and he responded in like a week. Give it another try? :)

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Heres what I think!
Feature#1: How peachy!
Feature#2: This will really make reading the map a lot easier. What is that island at the bottom?
Feature#3: Will this work on a flash cart?
Feature#4: WOW! You got it to work!
Feature#5: Now that's crackin'.
Feature#6: Feels just like Crystal! Are you the first to implement this?
Overall: This is really going to be the super-finest Crystal remake ever!

P.S. How far are you into the storyline?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Heres what I think!
Feature#1: How peachy! :D
Feature#2: This will really make reading the map a lot easier. What is that island at the bottom? Sevii Islands.
Feature#3: Will this work on a flash cart? Depends on if your flash cart supports an RTC. If it does, then it'll probably also support this... unless your flash cart hates the day of the week byte.
Feature#4: WOW! You got it to work! Actually, it wasn't too hard. The rival one was the thing that took the most effort.
Feature#5: Now that's crackin'. :D
Feature#6: Feels just like Crystal! Are you the first to implement this? In Emerald? I believe so. In any GBA Pokémon game? No, Hackmew is, and he helped me to make one for Emerald (at least, the calling from a script part).
Overall: This is really going to be the super-finest Crystal remake ever! :D:D:D

P.S. How far are you into the storyline? I haven't been working on the storyline at the moment because it's currently the time I have allotted for myself to work on Shining Opal, but I keep getting distracted by the figuring out of things in CrystalDust. Speaking of Shining Opal... *rushes back to work but gets distracted again by trying to display a clock on the PokéGear*
Responses in bold, as is customary for me.
On a side note: I'm looking for some new tiles in FR/LG style to replace the current ones: trees, generic buildings like route gates and Pokémon Centers, and possibly even grass. They also have to be reminiscent of their GSC equivalent (like maybe pointier trees and such) and fit with the current palettes.

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
Years
I'm in bug-catching mode from all those Linux geeky reports, so I'm going to report any errors I find here ^^

#1. Bug Catcher Wade (the one on Route 31) doesn't actually give you his number. The music will play, the message will show, the entry will not appear. He's a phony! :P

Sierraffinity

Years
I'm in bug-catching mode from all those Linux geeky reports, so I'm going to report any errors I find here ^^

#1. Bug Catcher Wade (the one on Route 31) doesn't actually give you his number. The music will play, the message will show, the entry will not appear. He's a phony! :P
Yes, I know, I still haven't figured out that part of the system yet.
Don't worry, it should be figured out soon enough.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
So, pardon me for asking but is there any difference between this and Crystal?

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
Years
Can you give another link?
That link got blocked by OpenDNS in response to the IE vulnerability/Conflicker Virus/"Some equally serious threat".

Sierraffinity

Years
make gym leaders harder, falkner was WAY to easy
They're the same level as they were in Crystal. In a while, there should be a kind of "CrystalDust X" though, for those who want a more "normally" leveled game experience.
So, pardon me for asking but is there any difference between this and Crystal?
Obviously, there are some differences, but I'm trying to get this remake as accurate to Crystal as possible. If you want differences, then just wait for Sevii to be included. :D
I see some crazy trees in here, especially the pine tree by DZUMAS.
I think the trees should really be as close looking to the ones from Johto as possible.
http://wahackpokemon.com/es/descarga/tiles
Thanks, I'll look into those trees.
Can you give another link?
That link got blocked by OpenDNS in response to the IE vulnerability/Conflicker Virus/"Some equally serious threat".
Who are you talking to? Me or Lugiaz Soul?

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
Years
Who are you talking to? Me or Lugiaz Soul?

Lugiaz Soul.

Oh yea, dunno if this is your bug or VBA's.
If I reset VBA without closing it, the Day/Night system doesn't work graphically anymore. The Pokemon Center script will still say Good Evening or such, but the tiles won't be dark.

Sierraffinity

Years
Lugiaz Soul.

Oh yea, dunno if this is your bug or VBA's.
If I reset VBA without closing it, the Day/Night system doesn't work graphically anymore. The Pokemon Center script will still say Good Evening or such, but the tiles won't be dark.
I see.
Anyways, as for the bug, I... really don't know. It's never happened to me before and it's not happening now, so I can't help you there.

Sierraffinity

Years
There is really a lot of competition now. Still rooting for Beta 2. Try to keep this game nice and simple, with maybe a little twist.
Beta 2 will be pretty much continuing Crystal's storyline, with some crossovers from Shining Opal included as well. You guys wanted some extras, so I'm giving them to you. :D

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Totally Love this Hack, it's like I have always iagined a Crystal remake for GBA, one Report, check the grass in front of Azalea Gym's door, it has to be a round tile if I remember right.
P.S.: P.C.C. is an awesome thing, I hope we will get a special Gold and Silver Pokeball there after the Pokeleague ;)

Last edited:
Back