• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Celestium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Hello community, I decided to drop back in and throw out some progress that I made. I didn't really work on this as much as I'd like, but I did have some time here and there. Firstly I'm gonna address some of the comments because well, that seems important. More than likely these people don't even get on anymore.

I love those cave tiles, did you make them yourself, because I love it when people make their own tiles for their hacks, it makes them more original!!!!!

Thanks, worked hard on them glad people appreciate :)

The forest, cave and gym look really awesome 0_0

Trainer name: Youngster Joey
Before Battle: My Ratatta is, like, wait...where's my Ratatta?
Pokemon used: Pidgey
Defeat: Grrr, forgot I traded it!
After Battle: My Pidgey is in the top percentage of Pidgey!
Thanks for the compliments. I'll be sure to use your trainer suggestion

Altariaking's Youngster Joey is a silly goose. Anyways, this project looks really well-made, and I had to double-take when I saw the picture of the hero healing in a spring. Mother 3 Reference, maybe?

No, I have no idea what Mother 3 is lol
On the more obvious side you can do this in Fire Red near the place you find moltres (names escape me right now).

The hack looks promising, though the palette of the flowers bothers me. And I really don't know why! But overall the updates are amazing. :>

Hmmm.. perhaps if I know what exactly bothers you I could try to do something. Thanks for compliments!

This hack is looking pretty good, it seems like it's going to be very good when it's finished, I liked the pokemon adoption, and your cave tiles just ROX they look very nice,and I liked the Gym, the Lavaridge Gym style are like my style. I'm looking forward for the fakemon, I luv fakemon >;D If they are good...

Signed~
Thanks for compliments I'll try do my best :D

Sprite Updates:

picture.php

Some people may have already seen this, but it's the first line of Emon.

picture.php

The fire one was already revealed, so here are the other two.

picture.php

Girl rival, I still need to work on my trainer sprites in general :/

picture.php

This is the first gym leader. I don't think I've actually shown this, though it was done ages ago.

picture.php

Totempole/happybear fakemon it's weird so I won't be using it. You can have it :)

Progress Updates:

picture.php

An event at the bottom of Lava Mountain.

picture.php

He run away, cause that's what evil dudes do.

picture.php

Moment of truth, the battle!

picture.php

You will come to love this random kid. I have a habit of putting him in just to say random things.

picture.php

Outside the mountian. Freedom!

picture.php

Route outside

picture.php

He's depressed, you can tell.

picture.php

Definitely depressed

picture.php

Met Loyd again, some event/character building going on.

picture.php

The second HM of the game is obtained by beating Loyd the second time. If you fail to beat him, then you gotta walk back from last Pokecenter and it'll be on the floor.

picture.php

Next town, there's the little kid again :P

I'll be updating more frequently from now, for those who want to see the older screenshots I've updated the first post with the older screens. I'm still working on the next town right now, it shouldn't be too long before I finish that part.

On the sadder note, I was messing around with the adopt a Pokemon script and it got messed up so I still need to fix it up again.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Hey man. Your project looks interesting great story, nice tiles and the extra story thing sounds good. Also how many fakemon are you planning to add ?

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Celestium is back!? That's great!

I don't really get your update quota, though. Did you have screenshots between the text lines? Because if you did, I don't see any. Anyway, I'd love to sprite for you again if you're really going to resume work on this. Good luck!

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Hey man. Your project looks interesting great story, nice tiles and the extra story thing sounds good. Also how many fakemon are you planning to add ?
Thanks for the compliments. I'm not sure about how many I want to have exactly, but definitely not too many. I'm not making a full dex, maybe 1/2 a dex or something.

Celestium is back!? That's great!

I don't really get your update quota, though. Did you have screenshots between the text lines? Because if you did, I don't see any. Anyway, I'd love to sprite for you again if you're really going to resume work on this. Good luck!
NIKA! I thought you died D:
Sure I'd love to have you back helping me. I think I know why you couldn't see the screenshots. I uploaded them to a private album in PC, I made it public now, hopefully everyone can see.

Wow... long time no see o.O I can't believe someone actually came back to do 2 years old project =D
You're making me feel old :(

Sprite Update:

I'm gonna have to go back and tweak the shading on it's snout/head, but other than that I think it came about pretty cool-ish. Feel free to critic :)
picture.php

Progress Update:

I finished the town and realized that screenshots are the biggest spoilers in the world. So I'll just post some minor-ish ones

picture.php

Granny in the town. Gotta have a granny talking about something old ;D

picture.php

To be honest it doesn't do anything in game. I've been deciding on whether to leave it that way. I think it'd be cool if I made it increase the happiness of the first party Pokemon, but not sure if that's a good idea.

picture.php

A pic in front of the gym, it's on it's own mountain/platform :D

picture.php

There's a market for Pokemon purchasing in this town. Though it's run by the government. FYI I WILL CHANGE THE ROCKET OWs! THEY'RE NOT TEAM ROCKET I REPEAT THEY'RE NOT TEAM ROCKET. Sorry, gotta make sure someone doesn't waste time thinking they're team rocket :P

picture.php

Lady at the desk giving me information.

picture.php

Helen's idea of punishment for having an invalid membership.

That's all for this update folks! Once I finish the Gym I'll drop by again. Hopefully everyone can see the screenshots now as I changed the album from private to public. Please let me know and thanks for all the comments so far :)

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I probably wasn't around when you showcased this before, but it looks brill! Big fan of a lot of the features of this... tiles and the like ;)

Also:
xlgnlg.jpg

Is that an Everybody hates Chris reference? The guy called Jerome always used to say lemme hold a dollar! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Looking forward to this hack!

Trainer Name: Jake (Preferably an Ace/Gym Trainer)
Before Battle: (GYM LEADER) is my role model, think you can beat me?
Defeat: You're good!
After Battle: I've never had such a good battle before.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
It's great to see someone come back after so long and finish a hack. Goodluck on this!

Thanks, I just took a long break for no apparent reason :)

I probably wasn't around when you showcased this before, but it looks brill! Big fan of a lot of the features of this... tiles and the like ;)

Also:
xlgnlg.jpg

Is that an Everybody hates Chris reference? The guy called Jerome always used to say lemme hold a dollar! :D

No, unless that' an alt account you weren't around. As for the screenshot, I'm not sure, long ago...in a time where I once hacked all day everyday... someone posted that trainer script idea in this thread and I just used it blindly :)
Thanks for the compliments, I'll try to keep up everyone's expectations.

@Ali: Well sry about that =D But it is true anyways =D

You wanna make me cry too, don't you :D

Looking forward to this hack!

Trainer Name: Jake (Preferably an Ace/Gym Trainer)
Before Battle: (GYM LEADER) is my role model, think you can beat me?
Defeat: You're good!
After Battle: I've never had such a good battle before.

I can't believe someone filled that out, been a long while since I requested that :P
Well at any rate I'll find some room to fit yours in somewhere, thanks for filling it out.

Sprite Updates:

Absolutely nothing. Oh wait, look at progress updates! I made an overworld for the gym leader :D

Progress Updates:

picture.php

I'm hiding. Find me. I will try to make new gym tiles for this place.

picture.php

After the market event.

picture.php

Took the shot a little late, but I'll let you decide what he said before. Struggle...struggle trying to figure out what he said!

picture.php

Oak woods! Named after the famous Professor Oak.

That's all this update folks. I assume everyone can see the screenshots now, no one complained about it :)

I have enough content to release something. It's about 4 hours of playtime right now if you know where to go who to talk to and stuff. The problem is that now I have to get someone to test it and all that stuff. In the past I got my brother to do that, but he's all 'grown up' now and would rather play MMO than my Pokemon hack :(

Volunteers? Please VM me or post here. You must be able to take screenshots and show me what's wrong. There shouldn't be anything major, I did play through it a couple times.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Cool ! new update ! I would like to be a beta tester (:P) but school started today and i won't have a lot of time :( but i can find time in weekends
Also it would be better if you had more than one tester( 3-4 would be good i think ) so as to have more runs by more users and find out more bugs than one tester would... but the choice is for you to make.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
wow, an old hack revived! i read the intro, and this hack really deserves to be finished. good luck~

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Cool ! new update ! I would like to be a beta tester (:P) but school started today and i won't have a lot of time :( but i can find time in weekends
Also it would be better if you had more than one tester( 3-4 would be good i think ) so as to have more runs by more users and find out more bugs than one tester would... but the choice is for you to make.
I would appreciate it if you were able to test, just shoot me a PM with how I can get the ROM to you. I will credit you once you beta test :)

wow, an old hack revived! i read the intro, and this hack really deserves to be finished. good luck~

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Progress Updates:

I started to map out oak woods. Currently it's just a map I will be adding scripts shortly. There are trainers already, but by scripts I mean events and important stuff, you know.

picture.php

Oak woods scenery.

picture.php

Oak woods scenery.

picture.php

Oak woods scenery.

That's all this update. I will do another major update on Friday (once I complete Oak woods). I will get more screenshots once that happens. On the side note, 4 tile trees take up so many blocks when mapping it's ridiculous.

For the last part of my post I would appreciate it if more people would volunteer to beta test. I only got one and Fuji. But I think it's just Fuji being Fuji so it's really only one tester so far. Hopefully by this weekend I'll have it out for them and possibly by Wednesday it will be made public.

Finally (even though I said last part of my post before, but this time it's really finally), I'd appreciated it if I got some criticism. Ever since I got back to hacking this thing, all I've got is mindless praise (though I love mindless praise), it's not really addressing features and issues that I need to be addressed. Right now I've redone the adopt a Pokemon script because it got pretty much unusable from my experimenting. Now I have the option to choose which 3 Pokemon you can adopt. Before there was a little bit of game imbalance because if you adopted Staryu you would just roll the gym and leader so hard (where as if you chose Machop or Grimer it would be a steeper hill). Basically what I'm saying is, give me suggestions of who to allow for adoption. Right now I thought of Sandshrew, Paras and Doduo.

Last edited:
Years
Alignment: This is amazing! The story is spectacular and i love the whole Emon concept (most of all, because they're fakemon and not just overpowered pokemon). Also, the Oak Woods almost made my cry (lol), it's a perfect match between nostalgia and innovation. It's also great that you decided to redo the maps, it gives a reallistic touch that changes the whole game experience a lot.

On the adopting & meeting people on the same mission: fascinated about both.

On the day/night thing... i believe it could be really interesting if you use this in a different way like making night last longer (under the excuse of Tyes casting its shadow over the land or something) and give it some sort of effect (for instance: status problems may heal while walking during the night because of some spore that a tyes/tyesnian/don'tknowhowtosayit plants throw when it's dark). I don't know a thing about scripting, so maybe i'm asking too much I got really into the story and i just want to share my ideas.

On the "father" thing... i agree that if you get to meet him, it should be something significant. Maybe everyone thought he was dead but instead he had been gone to a desolate and incomunicated part of Kanto to learn about/battle against some particular Emon (plural). Maybe every person that knew where he was was dead and therefore everyone just asumed he was too. Maybe the fact that certain people were killed made him unable to come back. Maybe you get to rescue him near the end and he holds the key to "put an end to the crisis". Maybe maybe maybe... :)

I haven't read every post, so i can't say much more. For example, i'd like to try the beta before making any adopting suggestions. Still, if you need a beta tester, count on me. Maybe after beta testing i'll be able to say much more, since i'd really like to give some ideas if needed.

Cabe

Oh! here's my trainer:
Trainer Name: (Cameraman) Anton
Before Battle: Let's shoot an epic battle!
Defeat: Well... we did.
After Battle: I shoot everything. It is necesary with everything that is happening.

(english is not my first language, correct if necesary and forgive my mistakes).

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Alignment: This is amazing! The story is spectacular and i love the whole Emon concept (most of all, because they're fakemon and not just overpowered pokemon). Also, the Oak Woods almost made my cry (lol), it's a perfect match between nostalgia and innovation. It's also great that you decided to redo the maps, it gives a reallistic touch that changes the whole game experience a lot.

On the adopting & meeting people on the same mission: fascinated about both.

On the day/night thing... i believe it could be really interesting if you use this in a different way like making night last longer (under the excuse of Tyes casting its shadow over the land or something) and give it some sort of effect (for instance: status problems may heal while walking during the night because of some spore that a tyes/tyesnian/don'tknowhowtosayit plants throw when it's dark). I don't know a thing about scripting, so maybe i'm asking too much I got really into the story and i just want to share my ideas.

On the "father" thing... i agree that if you get to meet him, it should be something significant. Maybe everyone thought he was dead but instead he had been gone to a desolate and incomunicated part of Kanto to learn about/battle against some particular Emon (plural). Maybe every person that knew where he was was dead and therefore everyone just asumed he was too. Maybe the fact that certain people were killed made him unable to come back. Maybe you get to rescue him near the end and he holds the key to "put an end to the crisis". Maybe maybe maybe... :)

I haven't read every post, so i can't say much more. For example, i'd like to try the beta before making any adopting suggestions. Still, if you need a beta tester, count on me. Maybe after beta testing i'll be able to say much more, since i'd really like to give some ideas if needed.

Cabe

Oh! here's my trainer:
Trainer Name: (Cameraman) Anton
Before Battle: Let's shoot an epic battle!
Defeat: Well... we did.
After Battle: I shoot everything. It is necesary with everything that is happening.

(english is not my first language, correct if necesary and forgive my mistakes).

Cabe, I love your post. Not because it's a combination of mindless praise and critic, but because of how detailed it is. I'm glad you like the story, and hopefully as you see more it'll get better and better.

The day and night idea you had, making the night last longer, Pokemon having handicaps as the game progress, and even the mutant plants thing sound like pretty good ideas. However, there is a problem. With my current skill level, I'm unable to implement such a feature which interacts with the already esiting ASM routine. This is because I don't have a complete understanding of the ASM routine that was created for the day/night feature. I'll try look into some more ASM things in the very near future.

As for the father meeting event/idea thing, it's not as easy as it sounds. In fact it would be a very delicate thing in the game, because if executed incorrectly it could ruin the game completely. I've already revealed that I was planning such an event in the features section which is partly why this will be hard. Creating such an event while avoiding the cliche and predictions by the player base requires a very unique and well planned out idea. I do indeed already have a plan set, however it's yet to be implemented. Once I'm sure that there will be synergism with the story and gameplay I will look into adding it.

Your trainer script is actually pretty good. It's something that I would expect to see in one of GameFreak's games. I'll be sure to throw in some room for it too.

Once again, thank you very much for the detailed post. It very well articulated your opinions and ideas about the hack and for that I'm thankful.

The trees in Oak woods are really nice :), though it doesnt really match the grass.

What grass are you talking about? The long grass? The ground? Is it the palette or the tile? Both?
These are questions that come to my mind when I read your post. I assume you mean the palette. I'd agree the big tree palettes are not very in sync with everything else. I will look into that.

Progress Updates:

In this update I cover the finished version of Oak woods, 2 routes and New Zelph. These 3 areas are completed and will be included in the beta.

Oak woods
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Route 8
picture.php

picture.php

New Zelph
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Route 9
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sprite Updates (kinda):

I recently tried spriting the trainer for Loyd. Then it hit me! Why don't I just use the one I made for bonds! (For those wondering bonds is my old hack which I started after Celestium, never finished because I corrupted the ROM like a complete noob.)

picture.php

picture.php

That's him, overworlds and trainer sprite.

My plan:

1. Insert all sprites from updates into ROM hack
  2. Make up names for them (maybe you can help :D)
  3. Replay hack to ensure no serious bugs
  4. Get hack to beta testers. (Currently that's Cabe. Two others have asked, but have yet to contact me.)
  5. Fix bugs from tests
  6. Release public beta! Yay!

OH ALMOST FORGOT, THE BEST MOMENT EVER
picture.php

I was happy. I love Charizard ;D

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
no, i meant the palette of the grass in oak woods doesnt match the trees. but the main trees fit very well with the grass :)

I'll work on that, actually I'm currently inserting some new stuff to deal with that very problem!

Progress Updates:

I made a lot of progress the past couple weeks, even though I was a little tight on time. The testers who did test ended up getting back to me on Wednesday last week, and it took me some time to go on and fix the bugs. There are however some changes made to the game and some oddities that remain (I'll fix them for next time).
picture.php

The first little picture is the ladder, you can walk along the top of the ladder and it looks weird.

The second is the old man's script doesn't work. It's a simple talking script, I have no idea why it' not working...for now just be aware of it (I didn't remove him because he's still cool).

The third is that even if you smash the rock you can't get past the ledge (you gotta go around) that was intentional but some testers thought it was weird so there it is.

The fourth screen shot is that the pallete of the cut tree doesn't fit in, that's because the weather is rainy.

Fifth screen is that the mountains are a little blocky/not natural - I'm spriting new ones for the edges, currently on my to do list.

Sixth screen is that most of the newly inserted doors don't have animations, also on my to do list.

Lastly, the Scyther is purple...yeah working on that too.

I know some of these bugs are not really bugs, but detail matters a great deal so they are getting worked on anyways.
Bigger changes include the adoption system. Now you will be able to adopt one of the following: Goldeen, Abra and Doduo. All three of them are also obtainable starting at level 16 (up from 10). In respect to the upgrade, I've also made a couple of harder curves in the game where you won't be able to heal/buy items for a long time. The last change is that I boosted Delibird's base special attack (because he is quite useless and stupid, admit it).

Another thing is that I purposely added certain mini-events that require you to talk to someone. For example, there is someone who gives out TM Rest, but will not unless you've talked to a little boy. There's more but that's for you to figure out :D

Finally the last change is to the waterfall in Lava Mountain. Previously it used to just push the player back. Now it will push the player back when he/she is near it and will display a message and surprise reaction.

Sprite Updates:

I tried making a Fakemon but it started to look cliche, so I'm not going to use it anymore. Feel free to use it for your own reasons.
picture.php

Credits:

Thank you to Pinkish Purple, Pokemonmasters and Cabe for beta testing.
Special thanks to Cabe for taking the effort to make PDFs of bugs and ideas for Celestium. For the testers that didn't have time/couldn't do it - Don't worry about it, if you do decide to play please re-download the one in the thread or you'll have a buggy time.

Beta linked at end of post. Approximate duration is 3.5 hours. Feel free to make a walkthrough anyone (thought it's not really hard to figure out what you need to do). BE SURE TO SAVE INSIDE A HOUSE AND REPORT ANY BUGS!

For next beta:

- Working Titlescreen
- Door animations
- New tiles for the mountain edges
- Fix Ladders
- Berry System (already done, but not in current beta)
- New sprites for re-used ones (Player, Nasher and Loyd)
- More Content! (obviously lol)

Beta one: http://www.mediafire.com/?ks1b9rxmdzhc1av
This is a .aps file. You will need HackMew's A-patch to patch it!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
The fakemon looks good! Why do you use APS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back