• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genaration 6 "Wants"

which new or old feature would you like to see in Generation 6?

• Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Berry Trees Back

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Multiple Regions

Votes: 117 60.9%
  • Battle Frontier return

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • New Starter types

Votes: 75 39.1%
  • Dark type Gym Leader

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Tournament instead of elite four

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • Return of team rocket

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • New eeveelutions

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)

Votes: 106 55.2%
  • All

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 44 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire

Lurking since 2008
Years
Multiple save files would also allow for one family to purchase a single copy of the game and have members share it.

That's not going to happen, just imagine the money Game Freak and Nintendo would lose.

Pokemon game sells for $50.
3 family members that want a pokemon game = $150 profit

Now if they added multiple saves they would only make the $50 profit.

Sirfetch’d

One thing I would love is an auto-save feature. I tend to accidently turn off my dsi without saving...kinda like how a few minutes ago I beat the horrid Elesa Gym (took like 30 mins and used about 10 potions) I forgot to save =_= I mean, I don't know if it's even possible but I would love to have an auto-save feature after you beat gyms, or other important things like E4, etc. And this brings me to my next and probably most wanted feature...

NO!! Well unless it is optional. If they do this what if you wanted to soft reset? what if you accidentally kill a legendary? This could really make the games worse, IMO.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Return of the VS Seeker
Return of Auto-Run
A Dolphin Pokemon. More precisely, bottle-nosed Dolphin not something like Kyorge which as far as I'm concerned is an Orca not a dolphin. Gorebyss isn't a Dolphin either.

That's ... pretty much it and the last one isn't even a feature. I never put too many expectations into new generations because otherwise I will just end up more and more disappointed.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I would like a new storyline, that 10 year old kid saves the world storyline is getting boring already (GOD IT HAS BEEN 16 YEARS ALREADY).

I would the Pokemon following you where you can choose whatever Pokemon to follow you (usually a Snorlax)

Multiple regions is a good one, just like the one in G/S/C and HG/SS. Just that more than 2 would be good, like a number... 3.

Return of Team Rocket!!! Being a Team Rocket fan, I would like the return of them, just that it would be hurting for me to win every single one of the grunts and DA BAWSS. I wish I could just join Team Rocket, but that's another story.

And lastly, a menu system just like the one in HG/SS. That menu system is one of the best because I can just touch the icons to go to my bag, etc without pressing that annoying X Button. That menu system also takes advantage of the touch screen that the DS has.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
My votes went towards:
Pokemon following you
I'd like to see this implemented as an optional feature. I know hoards of people who adore it and want it back, and a significant amount who detest it. It's best to make it optional.
Multiple Regions
Not necessarily for post-game antics, but rather to extend the main storyline and maybe take some chances with the plot. There's only so much change the narrative can see if we continue to have only one region with the typical 8 gyms and such. Expand it to two regions and you have a lot more to work with, a lot of new things you can do.
Battle Frontier return
The post-game is fun when there's variety, and that's definitely something the Battle Frontier had a lot of!
Dark type Gym Leader
There's no reason why not!
Tournament instead of elite four
I don't necessarily want a tournament, but rather something other than the Elite Four. It could add a lot of well-needed spice to the traditional formula.
New storyline
A new kind of narrative would be, in a word, perfect.
Other
I want no Fire/Fighting starter please.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Yeah I think it'd be cool to have the Pokemon following behind you again. And the other thing I'd want is more evolutions. I did like how Unova was disconnected from the other regions, but I think giving evolutions to Pokemon like Heracross, and Jynx would be interesting to see.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
That's not going to happen, just imagine the money Game Freak and Nintendo would lose.

Pokemon game sells for $50.
3 family members that want a pokemon game = $150 profit

Now if they added multiple saves they would only make the $50 profit.
Don't be negative and it's only right and honorable to make it happen, even if they lose money.

A Dolphin Pokemon. More precisely, bottle-nosed Dolphin not something like Kyorge which as far as I'm concerned is an Orca not a dolphin.
Orca's are dolphins, but I see what you mean. Nice idea.

Last edited:

#isthenumbersign
Years
The main thing with multiple save files is you can't like trade or battle with your other files, which I think a family of three would want to do if they were all getting the game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
The main thing with multiple save files is you can't like trade or battle with your other files, which I think a family of three would want to do if they were all getting the game.
No that's not the main thing. You don't expect that, when there are no separate controllers.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Yeah, I chose a number of those things in the poll... Pokemon following you, the return of the berry trees, multiple regions, the return of the battle frontier, new starter types (after all, just fire/water/grass does get old after a while), a dark type gym leader (been waiting for that since G/S/C), something besides the Elite Four... with the Elite Four as an option, but not required, the return of Team Rocket (I love Team Rocket) and a new storyline. Those are all good things. However, I have some other ideas as well...

First, I want Apricorns to be available in each game so that we have another way to make Pokeballs.

Secondly, I want more than 8 gyms... granted, I want them to keep the 8 gym requirement for the tournament/Elite Four/whatever, but I do want to see more gyms and for us to have a choice whether we want to challenge gym x or not - because to progress in the game, you need all 8 gym badges offered, no matter what. That means you have to challenge all 8 gyms in the game, no choice as to other gyms you might want to challenge.

Thirdly, I want the game designers to get together with the people writing the anime and add more locations, more side-adventures and other such things.

Fourthly, contests... I do want to see contests make a comeback because I feel that is a system by which we can challenge the gym-only stream of progression in the game. However, I think it would be a good idea to have a contest-stream for progression in the game... sure, you can battle, but you can also do contests to progress in the game.

Fifthly, I want the option to join Team Rocket. Yeah, this is something I've wanted since the bridge where they invite you to join Team Rocket but it would add an interesting dimension to the game. Especially if it will result in your interactions with your rival changing up.

Well, I think that's enough for now.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Ok well I voted for the return of pokemon walking with you because I adored the feature in HG. Reading over the replies however I do agree with it being optional and other tweaks like a choice of the pokemon out.

But that brings me to something I really want in pokemon games more than anythin; more interaction with your pokemon. Thats one of the main reasons I like the follow me feature. It actually shows evident personallity in your pokemon. Like the footprint checker in DP/Pt that gave you an actual discription of how your pokemon felt about you. When they took that away and replaced it with a generic, your pokemon loves you description from the freindship checker in b/w i was dissapointed. Hey maybe its just me.

Randomly brainstorming of some ways I think they could implement this :
~is getting rid of the pokemon silhouette used for hms and replace them with the overworld sprite of your poke.
~Being able to actively ride your (reasonable sized!)pokemon outside of surf like in the anime like in a town or using fly
~Abillity to give your pokemon a custom ribbon with a customizable description
~Option to leave some of your pokemon at home, around your house, in your house, or in your yard as interatable NPCs
~Rewards for interacting with pokemon. Ex: "Would you like to pet/acknowledge/encourage/congradulate [Pokemon]?" (-Yes) "[Pokemon] is happy! ..Huh?" [Trainer] received a sitris berry [Pokemon] found!"

Anyone else care to add ideas? ...and hope GameFreak will miraculously pick up our thoughts?

Anyway some actual core changes I would like to add are the following:
~More love for poison types. I mean come onnnnn! [1.] Half of all poison types were introduced in gen 1 which the other gens wernt very generous with supplying us with [2.] If it doesnt resist or is immune, let poison do at least 1.5 dmg to evrything. I mean c'mon its poison. If not at least make bug pokemon weak to poison. [3.] Does it make sense basicly every pokemon can use toxic? No. Leave it to poison types and pokemon who have some semblance to poisonous animals
~i beleive somebody already said it but not being able to forget hms is unreasonable and needs to go
~The water>fire>grass starter types should stay but I think they should give the evolved forms better type combos and stats
~Bigger towns/cities
~In-game full co-op areas
~Re-capturable released pokemon(for those who want their buddies back)
~option to leave yourself notes or reminders on your pokegear
~Give the trainer more et options within the story to speak their mind
~A fully realized pokemon amusementpark. And as a twist the villanous team could have a base there
~Or instead of the three fire/water/grass starters we could have a decent number of potential starters and your starter chooses you based on a short personality test like in the PMD series
~Return of ball capsoles(dunno if i spelled that right) but more customizable

Aaannnd thats all I got for now

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Ill try predicting the next legendaries in terms of role and power for the lolz. Bold stuff I am confident about.

Generation VI.
-580trio: Ground, Water, Ghost (more abstract like the Regis, solid, luquid and gas)
-mascot trio about nature: Water, Grass, Ground (maybe all /Bug, vaguely resembling larva, cocoon and imago)
-a secret fourth 580member representing plasma Electric or Fire, or both, or having an Electric and a Fire forme

Generation VII.
-580trio: Ghost, Ground, Poison (creepy monsters living underground, perhaps all /Dark type)
-mascot trio about physics, perhaps electromagnetism/light, gravity and nuclear forces/radioactivity
Electric/Psychic, Ground/Psychic, Poison/Psychic
-a secret fourth 580 creepy monster Dark or Rock/Dark
-a secret 720TBS Arceus-like figure for the physics trio.

Along with some Heatran/Lati@s/Genesect-esque standalone 600TBS legends of course

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I think a want for me for Gen VI is increasing the move slots to 6 because in my personal opinion just having four move slots isn't enough if they keep increasing the amount of moves that a pokemon can learn each generation. I'm pretty sure that everyone has run into a point in Gen 4 and 5 when their team has pretty good movesets and you have to choose between one move or the other.

Detwak

Meh.
Years
I'd love to see new starter types. Come on people, who wouldn't want to start their journey of with a Bug type pokemon?

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
Years
A rival who wants to kick your ass and join Team Whatever to get more powerful, and maybe some more sidequests.

Other than that, nothing, and about 90% of the ideas in this thread are awful.

Don't be negative and it's only right and honorable to make it happen, even if they lose money.

That is just adorably naive.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
They need at least 3 more eeveelutions to make it 10 and to match every enviroment such as city pollution,city steel,and ground or rock for caves and deserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back