• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

I could've sworn that you said something about releasing the other starters by now :P

Ah well, it still looks great.

I did release the other Starters in a previous post and said I chose to do it that way cos of a new storyline feature i added :P

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
Fair enough.

I wish I was good enough and knew enough abotu the insides of sphere to help him out put a few features in etc.

but oh well.

I'm now programming each of the pokémon's standard move sets.

Not fun work :|
Mmmmm. Oh well.
Yeah, it's not the funnest part of creating a game, but it needs to be done. -_-" Lol.

Waudby

the worst bit Is i have all the movesets set up and ready, but i can't get the arrays to work out how i need to, maybe it's time for a different approach lol.

Atomic Reactor

incase you wanted some.

{IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x19/atomicreactor334/ODY1.png[/IMG]

just replace the "{" with "["

Last edited:

Waudby

incase you wanted some.

just replace the "{" with "["

Ah thanks. I'm gonna edit them a bit to get the text exactly how i want it so they should be done soon.

Anyone good at making banners like the one in my sig?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Ah thanks. I'm gonna edit them a bit to get the text exactly how i want it so they should be done soon.

Anyone good at making banners like the one in my sig?

Yeah, I've been planning to make one for a while now. I just haven't gotten around to actually making it.

I suppose you want Arcues on it?

Waudby

Yeah, I've been planning to make one for a while now. I just haven't gotten around to actually making it.

I suppose you want Arcues on it?

I was actually gonna have Totodile on the banner. That would be better.

Waudby

I just edited the banner and is now in my sig, it's not the best banner ever, but til something better comes along it will do :)

just a small update, every move is now implemented into the game, i just need to touhc a few bits up and it should be ready to go soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I just edited the banner and is now in my sig, it's not the best banner ever, but til something better comes along it will do :)

just a small update, every move is now implemented into the game, i just need to touhc a few bits up and it should be ready to go soon.

Good to hear the update, and I can't wait to see the Battle System in use.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Me too! The game looks great.
I hope I can see something surprise^^

Waudby

Good to hear the update, and I can't wait to see the Battle System in use.

The battle system is being recoded before the demo release as the last one was messy and poorly written.

So hopefully that will be sorted out soon, I now wanna work on the pokemon selection screen and get that up and running.

I also have to fill in all the items and sort the system out for items as well.

Alot of work to be done but hopefully at the end of it i can focus on the rest of the game and systems as the larger systems would have been finished.

I can't wait to get a release out for this so people can really appreciate what can not be seen in screenshots.

Waudby

Sorry for the double post but no one is posting here and I have an update.

A slightly usable battle system is now sorted. Theres a few options and moves not ready yet, but the basic Tackle, Pound etc can be used.

The A.I has still got to be implemented but at least it's something that's working right now.

This brings the demo one step closer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Sorry for the double post but no one is posting here and I have an update.

A slightly usable battle system is now sorted. Theres a few options and moves not ready yet, but the basic Tackle, Pound etc can be used.

The A.I has still got to be implemented but at least it's something that's working right now.

This brings the demo one step closer.

Good to hear the update :p

( seriously though, you could have just hit the edit button and had -Update- written. )

Waudby

I few small features for the game have just been added.

With the help of a friend on the spherical forums, you can now have multiple save files, with the ability to delete them from the main screen.

screenshot200804231855320390.png

screenshot200804231855350213.png

{Showing the delete save game menu]

screenshot200804231855470485.png

screenshot200804231855490832.png

[Showing the in game save menu]

These save files aren't basic text files being loaded anymore, they a raw files. which makes the content harder to hack into.

So you can't change that level 30 pikachu into a level 100 as easily anymore lol.

I'm going to add in the time played as well as soon as I have finished off the scripting for it.

Last edited:

Waudby

The new screenshots look awesome my friend!

Thanks alot, i'm glad someone still posts in here.

The more people post the more inspired I am to work faster.

I've now added the first steps of the trainer encounter

screenshot200804231922530029.png

Ignore the other lucas sprite he is just a place holder til I get the rest of the sprites sorted out. I just need to convert them into the right formats and place them correctly.

Note: I do have the little [!] above the heads, but I can't get a screenshot of it as Sphere's built in screenshot taker won't do it for me lol.

Waudby

You could simply press the ALT + PRNT Screen buttons
th_Postingapictut1.jpg

I know. I just like them to be done in the sphere engine as it saves them under a name based around the date and time so everything is kept chronilogically.

Another update is, the trading system is being updated to the new secure files as well, so no more being able to cheat your way to better Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back