• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Pokemap: I am having trouble with the GB Pokemap. On Blue I took out all Metapods and changed them to Pikachus, but I'm still running into Metapod. If I took Metapod out all together, why am I still running into it?

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
I want to know if it's possible to change the binary rom data with a script. (Change the hex value at E40500 to A3)

Maybe you have to create an ASM to do that and call it with a script?

Please tell me the command or if it's ASM.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I want to know if it's possible to change the binary rom data with a script. (Change the hex value at E40500 to A3)

FYI, ROM means Read Only Memory. So it can't be changed through ASM (or a script or whatever).

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

If you mean changing a value in the RAM during gameplay, then yes, there is a script command...
In XSE, it is called writebytetooffset

It is written like this...

writebytetooffset 0xoffset 0xvalue

Your offset would look like this...
writebytetooffset 0xE40500 0xA3

Keep in mind that the effects of this command are NOT permanent changes to the ROM, and if the areas in the RAM you changed, get cleared or changed by the computer, your changes will be erased. (Like if you change your player's OW with writeBytetooffset, then enter a building, your OW will change back to normal.)

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
hi sorry if this was asked before, i searched but couldn't find the answer. what are the tools used in editing the battle background and the text box in fire red and what are their offsets?

Here's a tutorial on textbox editing. As for the tool, I would personally recommend using Tile Molester. But for battle backgrounds, I think you would have to use Unlz. I'm not 100% on that though.

For background editing, you simply need to have an image that you can insert, then make a tile map with it. Mind that, they're still some concepts measurements that you have to do, so here's a battle background changing tutorial.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
If you mean changing a value in the RAM during gameplay, then yes, there is a script command...

Keep in mind that the effects of this command are NOT permanent changes to the ROM, and if the areas in the RAM you changed, get cleared or changed by the computer, your changes will be erased. (Like if you change your player's OW with writeBytetooffset, then enter a building, your OW will change back to normal.)

No, he didn't mean to change RAM, but ROM instead. Which is not possible. Also, the changes are not erased. There are no changes at all. Another thing... if you write:

Code:

XSE will treat that as it should, in other words a ROM address, turning it into 0x08E40500. Which would never work for the reasons I've explained already.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Pokemap: I am having trouble with the GB Pokemap. On Blue I took out all Metapods and changed them to Pikachus, but I'm still running into Metapod. If I took Metapod out all together, why am I still running into it?

Are you sure you actually saved the changes? o.O

Try it again and if it doesn't work, try hex editing the Pokemon. :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2010
When I try to load a ROM into A-Trainer, I get an error message:

"Subscript out of range.
DrawTile8@modLZ77"

Anyone know what's wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
For some reason, my version of Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition does not export or import sprites. I redownloaded it three times from different places, and still nothing. Does it just not work for FireRed? Or can someone point me to a OW editor that allows me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm having trouble with Mid2Agb. When I drag my midi file to the Mid2Agb file, absolutely nothing happens. Magnius's tutorial says that an .s file should be created, but when I try it nothing gets created.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Ok guys im getting kinda fustrated doing this...
I downloaded a rom base here at pcf because that base has some tiles i wanted to use.When i applied the base to my rom i lost all the work i had done on it!!Luckily i backed it up before i did that.
What i want to know is how do i take certain tiles from the rom base i downloaded here and put it into the rom im currently working on?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Ok guys im getting kinda fustrated doing this...
I downloaded a rom base here at pcf because that base has some tiles i wanted to use.When i applied the base to my rom i lost all the work i had done on it!!Luckily i backed it up before i did that.
What i want to know is how do i take certain tiles from the rom base i downloaded here and put it into the rom im currently working on?

First of all - Are you allowed? Ask the creator, or do what everyone else who actually achieves with their hacks and insert the tiles yourself.

Second - Patch a Blank ROM first with the Base, and then Save the Tileset and move the tiles to the ROM you want them in's Tileset, like you do in Tile Inserting.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is there any easy way to edit pokemon icons other than using iconed ?
I have been able to change sprites but no luck with icons!!!

Can anyone provide a link to guide or video how to change icons??

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Is there any easy way to edit pokemon icons other than using iconed ?
I have been able to change sprites but no luck with icons!!!

Can anyone provide a link to guide or video how to change icons??

Yes, check in the toolbox for a tool made by Wichu, that edits icons.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010

First of all - Are you allowed? Ask the creator, or do what everyone else who actually achieves with their hacks and insert the tiles yourself.

Second - Patch a Blank ROM first with the Base, and then Save the Tileset and move the tiles to the ROM you want them in's Tileset, like you do in Tile Inserting.
Umm,idk.I got the rom base from ash493.

Sry to sound like a n0ob,but can u explain step by step on what u said in the 2nd comment u made?

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010

FYI, ROM means Read Only Memory. So it can't be changed through ASM (or a script or whatever).

Ok Here's what I wan't to do I'm adding an extra bit to a game (Not Overwriting) or at least trying to. I have a trainer sprite imported with UNLZ-GBA and an extra trainer with sydney's sprite. I know where the pointers are and how to change them but I wan't to know if it's possible to have a script that changes the bytes at the offset, battles the trainer then changes them back.

So change E40050 to A3 (change part of pointer) battle trainer with different sprite due to pointer change and change E40050 to 1F (change back).

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I'm starting my hack with the maps of Sevii Island (FR) and I changed an indoor room, but then it changed other rooms aswell to the same thing, if I change them then the other ones the same get changed as well, is there a way I can stop this? Or do I have to keep creating new maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back