• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Type of Trainer Are You?

Years
I was just wondering if there were any other specific-type trainers out there in the community???

Personally, I am a steel-type trainer. I love their designs and because I use Steel-type so much, I have become a good Steel EV trainer and all my steel-types are incredibly powerful now. Way more over-powered than the rest of my Pokemon.

I also spend a lot of time using Fighting-types so I am starting to getting fairly good at using them too.

Anyway, are any of you specific to one or two types??? OR do you mix it up a lot?

(If this is in the wrong spot can one of the mods move it please?)

Nakala Pri

I am a little mixed. One day I will start a team built of the same types, maybe have Electric and Poison types, since they are pretty much my favorite. But in the mean time I'm just mixed. :D

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I like mixing up my types, not just for strategical reasons, but I feel like it's funner that way.

I've used monograss teams before in simulators (for the lulz), and I ran monosteel in the PWT.

Years
I would be cool trainer Green, cause I'm cool.

Hehe nawh.. I am a mixed type though, I like to have a variety of types in my team, that way you're not completely screwed if you're a ground/rock type user and you're up against 5 Milotics.. So I guess I would be an Ace trainer I suppose?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
ew...

I'm definitely quite mixed. I did a Flying-type run on LeafGreen once (Charizard, Dragonite, Zapdos featured - you can see why I did it), but other than that I chop and change. I'll never use every pokémon (I don't want to use Seviper, Ekans for example), but I do try to have a different pokémon in my team that I haven't used each time.
Even though I often don't use one, Dragons are definitely my favourite type though.

Years
I like to have a variety of types in my team, that way you're not completely screwed if you're a ground/rock type user and you're up against 5 Milotics..

I think when you are running monotypes you have to definately use dual-types to survive. My steel team are always decimated by Clay's gym so I used Empoleon and it was no problem...

Dual-steel type are just the most amazingest thing ever they're so useful and amazing!!!! *faints*

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Going mixed is pretty neat.

Though, I do like going Ice-mono. Well, including dual types, but still Ice.
Because Ice is pretty dangerous.

Think about it.
Try to let it's horrid typing defences not sway your opinion of Ice types.
Or Bullet Punch- don't let it do that either.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I try to keep my team very diverse if possible. I usually make it a point to try and get dual-types on my team so I have a higher chance of having all my bases covered. Some single-type Pokemon I just love too much though, and I just have to have them on my team regardless. lol

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I find myself being mixed, with a slight favoring of Flying types due to their abundance. Exactly what I'm raising can vary from game to game, but I'll often try to keep one water type, one grass type, and one fire type on my team at all times for decent coverage. This started back in Yellow for me, where you could receive all three starters (four with Pikachu I guess), allowing you to create a very powerful team. I'll also often have a Psychic type lying around too (Usually Espeon or Alakazam) for quick sweeping purposes.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Since I use Pokemon that are my favorites, the types in my teams will vary.

In my teams I usually have: Water type, Fighting type, Normal type, and a Grass Type.
and 2 Pokemon I have not used before regardless of type.

An example of my typical team would be (using my White team as my example) - also my favorite Pokemon, (hope this helps)
Water type (Dewott-with-everstone),
fighting type (Mienshao),
normal type (Watchog),
grass type (Leafeon)

and then 2 Pokemon I'm willing to try, so in my team/example I also have:
electric-type (Emolga)
dark-type (Liepard)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Although i like both water and electric type, but i am also a mixed type trainer.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I'm a mixed trainer when I play through the main story of the game, and then I switch to my dragon types for post game and WiFi battles. :)

Years
I think when you are running monotypes you have to definately use dual-types to survive. My steel team are always decimated by Clay's gym so I used Empoleon and it was no problem...

Dual-steel type are just the most amazingest thing ever they're so useful and amazing!!!! *faints*

Hehe... I remember when I was in the Pokemon league and I was versing Cynthia and it was her Tyranitar verse my Empoleon.. He moved first, used Earthquake, and it was super effective and killed him.. Thanks steal type.. Hahah.

Years
Well, like most others, I like diversity. I mean, I barely do a run-through without my grass, fire, water base. Though, it is fun to have a prevalent secondary typing.

I love me my bug pokemon!
So, I have been using, Leavanny, Volcarona, Gastrodon, Galvantula, Vespiquen, and Lilligant on my W2 Team currently. I have my base, plus a bug overtone. I know Gastrodon isn't bug-type, but she is Snail, a bit of deviation doesn't change that this is an insectoid team. Also, a flowering grass-type pokemon adds some variety. I mean, look at the elite four, they are very type-curious. I hope X and Y gives us another horde of bug-types. Gen V was just killer in that department!

Even without the secondary typing, I still enjoy my old gen bug teams.

II: Butterfree, Beedrill, Magcargo, Scyther, Venomoth, Meganium
III: Beautifly, Masquerain, volbeat, Illumise, Roselia, Flygon
IV: Wormadam (plant), Wormadam (sandy), Wormadam (trash), Mothim, Vespiquen, Roserade

Red99

World Champion
Years
I normally have a mixed team, but it's always the same kind of team; fire, water, grass, dragon and then two other random Pokemon. If I had to choose a type, it would be fire.

Back