• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Have you found the current pointers or do you have an offset for where the name(text) is?

I've found the text, but there is nothing that looks like it can relate to the animation anywhere near them. They're just surround by other text. I have been searching around those areas but I can't find anything to do with the battle animations, it looks like it's all text.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've found the text, but there is nothing that looks like it can relate to the animation anywhere near them. They're just surround by other text. I have been searching around those areas but I can't find anything to do with the battle animations, it looks like it's all text.

Yes, the text won't help since the battle animation doesn't have to be near to the related text.
As far as I know, all battle animations are based on some LZ77 compressed images.
Therefore to repoint let's say, "Cut" to "Fly" you would have to search for those images on unLZ and once found the correct pointers to swap them. Unluckily the animations aren't just based on the images, I guess.
So there should be some extra data for the animation somewhere in the ROM that should be repointed as well.
Please remember that what I said is just based on my suppositions and I'm not 100% sure, obviously.
I hope it helps somehow.

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
I am hacking Gold version. I thought I had managed to change the main character from red to dark blue clothes, but it changed all the other overworld reds as well! I want to change the overworld sprite of the main character from having red clothes to dark blue clothes, without changing all the other overworld reds to dark blue. The hex value of the dark blue I want is 3400. If anyone could tell me how to do this, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Light_Trainer
That usually happens if the sprite is larger than normal, or your using too many different colours.

I have a question of my own.
Does anyone have a D/P Pokecenter that can fit into a normal FireRed Rom.

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Just recently I inserted my Gym Leader sprite into my hack and the exact colors I put on the GL stayed on there I put like the colors of Tate and Lisa and other people together so when I get the other GL and inserted it the pallete changed I think I must've forgot what I did is there a way to insert sprites without it changing the pallete?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Are you talking to me? Thanks, but A-Tack won't help me, neither will amplifier. I don't think you're understanding what I'm asking for. I doubt it's that simple. I'm pretty sure that the only way to do this is with a hex-editor, but I'm not sure where to look or what to change.

Oh and you're problem it would help if I could see a screenshot.
Which game are you working on? In GSC (and very likely RBY as well), the animation number is the first in each attack's set of attributes, along with power, accuracy, secondary effect, etc. Changing that byte will change the attack's animation to that of the appropriate move.

Years
Which game are you working on? In GSC (and very likely RBY as well), the animation number is the first in each attack's set of attributes, along with power, accuracy, secondary effect, etc. Changing that byte will change the attack's animation to that of the appropriate move.

I'm changing Fire Red. And thanks. That bit of info has helped me out. I've found the offset of the aspects of the move, Power, accuracy, etc.
Now I just need to figure what to change. That's helped heaps. All I need to do now is change around the bytes and find which one will change the animation, which shouldn't take too long. Thanks so much.

EDIT: Well, I've been changing bytes for about an hour now, and I've had no luck. Thanks, maybe it's located somewhere different in FR.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello, it's me again...

I haven't seen anyone posted a reply about my question so I'll post again...

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance! ^^

Last edited:
Years
Was that in foulumps tut? Look in Irish witch's tutorial. It mentions to stay away from 300-400 and 800-900. 800-900 shouldn't be used because a lot of flags are already in use. i.e. Pokedex Flag, Running Shoes, Pokemon Menu, etc.
Hope that helps.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
man.., I must have my eyes crossed while reading the tutorial and the hacking copy I have.

thanks thethethethe... so does that mean that we can use 500-799..?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't get it.., but let me express what I have understood...

So does that mean if I use a flag that's already used in the game, the script might not work properly..?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
wow. Okay! Now i understand! Wheeeeee!!! I'm having a headache (cause I just made two long scripts)!!!

oh well... thanks thethethethe for explaining! you're a big.., a very big help for all of us!!!

thanks again! ;)

Years
I've done a lengthly, time consuming search for a tutorial that teaches the basics of hex editing. I haven't had any luck.

I want to hex edit rather than use tools, because the tools I have found are too easy but at the same time I find it restricting. I want to make a hack of pokemon blue, but most of the tutrials available are for advanced gen games.

I know nothing about hex editing but I'd prefer to be able to do it for its flexibility. I have the correct table for blue, and a hex editor, and they're all ready for usage. I just haven't got the faintest idea what to do with it, I can't make any sense of the code at all - its all another language to me. I hope someone can help, maybe point me in the direction of a good tutorial that teaches the basics of hex editing?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I've done a lengthly, time consuming search for a tutorial that teaches the basics of hex editing. I haven't had any luck.

I want to hex edit rather than use tools, because the tools I have found are too easy but at the same time I find it restricting. I want to make a hack of pokemon blue, but most of the tutrials available are for advanced gen games.

I know nothing about hex editing but I'd prefer to be able to do it for its flexibility. I have the correct table for blue, and a hex editor, and they're all ready for usage. I just haven't got the faintest idea what to do with it, I can't make any sense of the code at all - its all another language to me. I hope someone can help, maybe point me in the direction of a good tutorial that teaches the basics of hex editing?

Yup i sent ya the answer via pm ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back