• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Steel Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
It can't be (Unless you're a very good scripter).

Since some scripts like H-Mode 7, aren't compatabile with Essentials.

And some starter kitsm like Cng's Pokemon starter kit vx ace. Or, Da spirit's Game maker kit. Aren't even released.

Besides those kits aren't 3d to.

About the tiles i'll Pm you those.

Ah, a new game. That means new Pokémon, right? Woo hoo! Best of all, it's doesn't use RPG Maker. It uses a special engine. Called Unity 3D. Remember that now.

Quote from the first post. Read carefully, guys.

Anw good luck on your 3D Pokemon game :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Ah, a new game. That means new Pokémon, right? Woo hoo! Best of all, it's doesn't use RPG Maker. It uses a special engine. Called Unity 3D. Remember that now.

Quote from the first post. Read carefully, guys.

Anw good luck on your 3D Pokemon game :D

My post was unrelated to the actual project in terms of 3D
I was simply telling ppooooookkk that h mode is compatible for essentails.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I think you're going a little too fast...

Though you seem really ambitious and bright, I doubt you'll have much success with this project...

My main issue is about the 3d, If you don't have any experience with it, this project will be far beyond your reach, why don't you start working on smaller games first? Try making a 3d version of Pong for example, that should be tricky for a beginner. Scrap that, if you can't program, start with the regular Pong first.

Don't expect you'll be able to recreate a working Engine anytime soon, take a look at essentials, people have been working on it for years now, and it still isn't complete.

I really don't want to discourage you, but these would, in my humble opinion, the best things to do for now.
Either stick with unity, drop this project, and start with something simple (trust me you don't want your special grand project falling into pieces)
Or switch back to RMXP.

best of luck to you ;)
-Arma

P.S.
I know this message might sound a little harsh, but trust me, I've been into game-development for quite a while now. You'll get there, but you have to take your time and master the basics first.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Though you seem really ambitious and bright, I doubt you'll have much success with this project...

My main issue is about the 3d, If you don't have any experience with it, this project will be far beyond your reach, why don't you start working on smaller games first? Try making a 3d version of Pong for example, that should be tricky for a beginner. Scrap that, if you can't program, start with the regular Pong first.

Don't expect you'll be able to recreate a working Engine anytime soon, take a look at essentials, people have been working on it for years now, and it still isn't complete.

I really don't want to discourage you, but these would, in my humble opinion, the best things to do for now.
Either stick with unity, drop this project, and start with something simple (trust me you don't want your special grand project falling into pieces)
Or switch back to RMXP.

best of luck to you ;)
-Arma

P.S.
I know this message might sound a little harsh, but trust me, I've been into game-development for quite a while now. You'll get there, but you have to take your time and master the basics first.

I've been into game development for 5 and a half years now, so I know what to do. Trust me, Unity was my second engine. RPG Maker was my first. I know what to do when it comes to making 3D games. Just not the 3D Scripting Part :-(. (Actually, I know a fair amount, so I could quite easily make a version of Pong.) That's why I'm looking for help. And everyone, I've already got it. I would like to welcome Karel_Kazuki to the Pokemon Steel Team. He'll be helping with the scripting duties. He's new to C#, but has a fair bit of knowledge, and so, he will hopefully prove to be a great asset. He may also be helping with the composing duties now and again. Welcome to the team!

Also, replies to the other posts:

@Raymond (Hikari): Cheers for the kind words. It's good to hear the game is getting support.

@ppooookkkkkkk: Cheers for the tiles. They will be used for the terrain in the game. As well as more modernised, and incredible looking ones. PM them as soon as possible. Also, it's not RMXP. It uses Unity 3D, a completely 3D engine.

Okay, you are clearly intelligent from the way you write, but there are several things that don't quite sit right here.

For starters, what on earth is going on with your images? The stripes/squares in clashing colours is difficult to read and looks absolutely horrendous. I can't really say anything else about it, but it really makes your thread look a lot worse; you'd be far better off without them.

You also make a lot of claims without seemingly being able to back it up. You claim to offer a 3D world but can't make models, or write the necessary code. And you say that there are no stats or levels. Why not? And what are you replacing them with? And what are you actually planning to do yourself?

Finally, it's a small point, but offering somebody an exclusive banner for working on the game is a bit silly, and by no means an incentive.

You seem bright but very naive. Learn some skills, be it pixel art, 3D modelling (I can put you on the right track there if you want) or C#, and make progress yourself without relying on other people, or else this won't get off the ground. Consider scrapping your more extravagant plans initially until you have done some of the groundwork.

I knew someone would come up with that kind of reply. Sorry 'bout the images. They will be redone soon enough. I will replace them. Listen, alright, I'm not a Jack Of All Trades. I'm best being a designer, and am an average Pixel Artist. Not good enough for making a game on my own. Maybe silly little ones that are really poor and offer little fun, but I can work. Also, I am actually an above average programmer, especially with C++.

I'll tell you what the Stats and Levels are replaced with; Friendship Bonds and Mood. If the Pokemon is very happy, and is in a good mood, then they will battle well. You get the idea. Also, Nature Values. Nature Values are basically how well the Pokemon can battle in the environment. Different Pokemon battle better in different environments. Example; a Beartic would to amazing in a Mountain/Snowy Area, but will do average in a grassland, and appalling in a Volcano. Also, there is a battle-thirsty meter. If the Pokemon is hungry for battle, then they will battle with passion and power, and therefore, will likely win. If the Pokemon doesn't want to battle, then it will battle poorly, or even ignore your commands if you have a low friendship.

I'm going to start with the basics of the game. I can't work on the game without it. So, without further ado, I'm going to begin work on the game. I have prepared a huge plan document, fully ready with details.

PS: About the Pokemon Steel Team banner thing. It's not really silly, and they don't have to have it. I just want it. Too be honest, I will still have it, even if they don't want it. It just shows how much they care for the game. If they have it, they treat the game as an important game. They don't, then it proves they think it's just another game that will be special 'cause it's 3D. Well, I'll prove the people that think that wrong. You watch me do that. I could do it now if I wanted too. But I take planning first.

Last edited:
Years
I knew someone would come up with that kind of reply. Sorry 'bout the images. They will be redone soon enough. I will replace them. Listen, alright, I'm not a Jack Of All Trades. I'm best being a designer, and am an average Pixel Artist. Not good enough for making a game on my own. Maybe silly little ones that are really poor and offer little fun, but I can work. Also, I am actually an above average programmer, especially with C++.

Alright, that's fair, but you should make it clear that you're a programmer in your OP.

I'll tell you what the Stats and Levels are replaced with; Friendship Bonds and Mood. If the Pokemon is very happy, and is in a good mood, then they will battle well. You get the idea. Also, Nature Values. Nature Values are basically how well the Pokemon can battle in the environment. Different Pokemon battle better in different environments. Example; a Beartic would to amazing in a Mountain/Snowy Area, but will do average in a grassland, and appalling in a Volcano. Also, there is a battle-thirsty meter. If the Pokemon is hungry for battle, then they will battle with passion and power, and therefore, will likely win. If the Pokemon doesn't want to battle, then it will battle poorly, or even ignore your commands if you have a low friendship.

I'm going to start with the basics of the game. I can't work on the game without it. So, without further ado, I'm going to begin work on the game. I have prepared a huge plan document, fully ready with details.

I don't see why those things should replace stats and levels, though. How will Pokémon evolve in this new system, for instance? They do sound very nice mechanics, though. Is the planning document private?

PS: About the Pokemon Steel Team banner thing. It's not really silly, and they don't have to have it. I just want it. Too be honest, I will still have it, even if they don't want it. It just shows how much they care for the game. If they have it, they treat the game as an important game. They don't, then it proves they think it's just another game that will be special 'cause it's 3D. Well, I'll prove the people that think that wrong. You watch me do that. I could do it now if I wanted too. But I take planning first.

Putting a banner in your signature is not a good indicator of how much someone cares about a project.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Alright, that's fair, but you should make it clear that you're a programmer in your OP.

I don't see why those things should replace stats and levels, though. How will Pokémon evolve in this new system, for instance? They do sound very nice mechanics, though. Is the planning document private?

Putting a banner in your signature is not a good indicator of how much someone cares about a project.

Yes, I will make sure that I tell everyone I'm a programmer. I'll edit the post in a minute.

Pokemon will evolve via the Thirst-for battle system. For example, when a Pidove feels a fair thirst for battle, it will evolve into Tranquil, and Tranquil will evolve when it feels really thirst for battle. Basically, the higher the evolved form, the hungrier for battle they get. Yes, the planning document is private. Sorry, but I just don't want it to leak and then have the whole world know how to do it. You never know, someone might know how to hack into your computer! (I shouldn't think so though.)

It is to me. It's kind of a sign of respect as well. You might not think of it as that, but I do. If they give a reason as to why they aren't going to put the banner up, then it's fair enough.

Years
Pokemon will evolve via the Thirst-for battle system. For example, when a Pidove feels a fair thirst for battle, it will evolve into Tranquil, and Tranquil will evolve when it feels really thirst for battle. Basically, the higher the evolved form, the hungrier for battle they get. Yes, the planning document is private. Sorry, but I just don't want it to leak and then have the whole world know how to do it. You never know, someone might know how to hack into your computer! (I shouldn't think so though.)

That must be one heck of a detailed document. xD

Anyway, I don't quite understand why thirst for battle alone would warrant an evolution. In terms of keeping it closer to the anime, it does make sense, as that's the standard reason given, but how are you going to work that into an RPG that relies on levels and stats to make enemies competitive and balanced? If your starter happens to evolve slightly early, without stats surely it would blow away the next group of trainers who would be expecting a smaller Pokémon? How will damage be calculated?

It is to me. It's kind of a sign of respect as well. You might not think of it as that, but I do. If they give a reason as to why they aren't going to put the banner up, then it's fair enough.

The main reason for my initial comment was that your OP acts like the banner is a reward in and of itself for helping, which is the silly part.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
That must be one heck of a detailed document. xD

Anyway, I don't quite understand why thirst for battle alone would warrant an evolution. In terms of keeping it closer to the anime, it does make sense, as that's the standard reason given, but how are you going to work that into an RPG that relies on levels and stats to make enemies competitive and balanced? If your starter happens to evolve slightly early, without stats surely it would blow away the next group of trainers who would be expecting a smaller Pokémon? How will damage be calculated?

The main reason for my initial comment was that your OP acts like the banner is a reward in and of itself for helping, which is the silly part.

It really is quite the detailed document, containing facts that only I may ever know. :nervous:

Now, thirst for battle will not allow Pokemon to evolve early, unless your lucky. It mainly depends on that value, but there is a special value in it. I'll tell you more, I don't want everybody knowing how it works, I don't want to spill the document details by accident. I'll PM you.

Damage is constantly calculated by something called Damage Values. More about them as well in the PM.

The banner isn't a reward, just a sign that you work for the team. Yeah, it might sound silly, but it proves your a keen developer as well. ;)

Everyone, I would like to welcome yet another member to our expanding team! Welcome NikNaks. He will be helping us in some Building modeling, and maybe some Pokemon if I can persuade him. (I hope your reading.)

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Ah, sorry 'bout the misunderstanding mate. I thought you were new to all this.
Gotta say this turned out to be rather promising. I'm really interested in your new battle system. Got quite a few questions for you as well, but I'll save those for later.

Anyway, I'm a novice C# programmer myself, slightly more experienced than Karel_Kazuki. If you still need help, count on me.
Things I've made in C# so far:
-Pong
-Tetris
-Minesweeper
-adding sidescrolling and some other functionality to an already existing platformer (assignment from school)

Plus I'm an fairly good mapper (if I'm allowed to say so myself) and a rather critical overall designer/planner who'll make sure the product is as good as it can be.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
So, this is being done in UNity 3D, eh? It's only natural I have doubts for the finish of this project, not many unity 3D pokemons get finished.

But regardless you seem motivated which is good enough!
I wish you the best of luck with this project.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Hello all! I would like to say thanks for all the replies. I'm going to reply to them now:

@elarmasecreta: Don't worry. People misunderstand each other a lot. Also, the more Programmers the merrier. I have to say, you are free to join. Welcome. Also, you can ask the questions via PM, I'll answer them as much as I well as I can. A designer, eh? Good to see that as well. You can help me just polish it off, it you would like. It looks like your quite the versatile developer.

@Nintendork15: Yes, I will get a lot of doubts over time, but still, I believe this game can be done. Just because hardly any get done, doesn't mean I'm going to stop. Because I'm not.

Edit: Sorry for going off topic or anything, but I'm really looking forward to Pokemon X and Y. The sequel is going to have to be Pokemon Z. Based the game names of Dimensions. Proves they are running out of ideas. The bird legendary is AMAZING though.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Sorry i haven't formally posted in the topic yet,but I've been preparing myself for finals at my university and my workload has been increased by my slow output as of late. But I'm still programming, and am currently working on a simplified battle system that can be expanded in the upcoming year. Dabbling in my own work , hopefully if i can get it tweaked enough, i'll slap it into Unity and see how it runs in the engine. Give me some time.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been busy, doing other things. The game is still going to be released. The first alpha version, basically a little intro demo, will be released once I have all the models required. For the first version, I'm looking for just 3 models. Not too much. They are the Kaylen Starters; Vinleef, Scerch and Mintris (Water - It had a name change). I'll give you more details if you're interested.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Right, so, I am very shortly going to begin work on the models. I have learnt how to model ( a little bit), and so will be doing some modelling of my own.

Update: I have a sprite. It is a Sprite, though, so it will not be in the game. I am using it as a template for my first model. Here it is, Kormon:

kormon10.png

Any Feedback?

Also, does anyone think I should go ahead with Unity, or should I use RMXP Pokemon Essentails instead?

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Right, so, I am very shortly going to begin work on the models. I have learnt how to model ( a little bit), and so will be doing some modelling of my own.

Update: I have a sprite. It is a Sprite, though, so it will not be in the game. I am using it as a template for my first model. Here it is, Kormon:

kormon10.png

Any Feedback?

Also, does anyone think I should go ahead with Unity, or should I use RMXP Pokemon Essentails instead?

hahaha, what is that? is it like a slug dragon water thing? I can't tell what it will be :o
and i think making a 3D game would be cool and original, but you should only do what you can manage; if you think its too much and you can do a much better job on RMXP then do that. It would be better to have an amazing game than a mediocre game. But it should come down to what you really want, making a game is never easy :P

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
hahaha, what is that? is it like a slug dragon water thing? I can't tell what it will be :o
and i think making a 3D game would be cool and original, but you should only do what you can manage; if you think its too much and you can do a much better job on RMXP then do that. It would be better to have an amazing game than a mediocre game. But it should come down to what you really want, making a game is never easy :P

It's called Kormon, and your right, it's a slug. It's actually a Psychic/Water type. It's from outer space! It has lose it's sight, and in replace of it's eyes, a strange gem from outer space is there. Because of this gem, it is hunted for the gem.

As well as that, I'm really not sure, I would make an amazing game in RMXP, and probably an above average one in Unity, but the graphics will make people forget about quality. I'm really unsure.

Also, here is the evolution of Kormon, Komet:

komet10.png

What do you think?

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
It's called Kormon, and your right, it's a slug. It's actually a Psychic/Water type. It's from outer space! It has lose it's sight, and in replace of it's eyes, a strange gem from outer space is there. Because of this gem, it is hunted for the gem.

As well as that, I'm really not sure, I would make an amazing game in RMXP, and probably an above average one in Unity, but the graphics will make people forget about quality. I'm really unsure.

yeah thats very true, but it only matters what you think, if you like the outcome of the game then thats all you need :3

and cool, space pokemon are weird though >.< i mean clefairy makes no sense at all hahahaha, maybe they passed each other on their way to earth :P

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
They might have, and probably ended up knocking each other into the wrong destination. Have you seen the evo?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
it looks like its trying to take a solid form instead of the amorphous goo a slug normally has hahaha
oh and why does it look pink? or magenta i think
i like its little tail :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back