• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen brb riding my torchic

Are HMs a Thing of the Past?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
The bicycles in Pokémon can be ridden on sand as well as across stairs.
I agree that it's a really odd choice, but realism doesn't seem to be their top priority when it comes to this stuff. :P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The bicycles in Pokémon can be ridden on sand as well as across stairs.
I agree that it's a really odd choice, but realism doesn't seem to be their top priority when it comes to this stuff. :P

Valid point haha. I mean, you definitely can't ride a bike up stairs, so I guess realism is pretty much just thrown out. I mean if that's the case I definitely wouldn't mind roller skates, although I feel like they'd be slower than the Bike.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Something that just hit me is the move Fly.
No doubt It'll be in the game, but I wonder how it looks.

I read a speculative thread on /vp/ where this was proposed;

"When you use Fly, the camera is zoomed out and you're lifted in the air by wind with feathers falling down. You then see a first person view of the whole Kalos Region, with clouds covering the places you've yet to visit, and you select a location to fly down by selection a marker...then the camera zooms downward, the screen fades, and your character floats down from the air in a similar fashion as how he took off."

A cool, immersive idea, AND a throwback to generation one and two. Take my money.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm going to be blunt here. We're not going to be able to ride our own Pokémon. Basically, what you're seeing with the Gogoat is sort of like a bus in a major city, except the buses are only for one person and use living creatures (Gogoats).

I'd love to ride my own Pokémon, and maybe someday we will be able to in Generation XII or something, but until then...

Cyclone

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
I feel so sorry for the Torchic ..
How cool would it be to see the actual flight when using fly as well! Mounting Pokémons is awesome! I hope you get to ride Rapidash, Arcanine and so on!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm going to be blunt here. We're not going to be able to ride our own Pokémon. Basically, what you're seeing with the Gogoat is sort of like a bus in a major city, except the buses are only for one person and use living creatures (Gogoats).

That's what i am starting to think as well, maybe there is like a Gogoat rental in Lumiose city.
I hope we'll get to ride our own Pokemon one day, but for now, this seems to be it.
At least it's a starting point (:

blue

gucci
Years
I'm pretty certain that Go-Goat will be the only ridable Pokemon in these games and only in specific areas. We may be able to use Pokemon for different uses or methods of transport, but I think Gogoat will be the only Pokemon we can actually mount.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Ignoring all the Gogoat stuff because I agree with it all =P

Running shoes were necessary because of the movement controls for Game Boy and the original DS.

I assume, with the analog stick on the 3DS, that the ability to control the "strength" of your direction is possible. Maybe you can make the character walk faster by pushing the stick further.

I don't know why I skipped over this post, but this is something I really like and would love to see implemented. It makes total sense, too, since this is how the majority of games with an analog stick are. Just being able to hard press the stick to run would be awesome instead of having to hold down the B button to do so. Here's hoping they take from other games and do this!

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Spoiler:

I can imagine a mini game... Burnout - Pokemon Edition. Or something close to it. Riding Pokemon is an awesome idea. Gogoat!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Spoiler:

I can imagine a mini game... Burnout - Pokemon Edition. Or something close to it. Riding Pokemon is an awesome idea. Gogoat!
Grand Theft Auto - Pikachu Edition?

Nah, some things should never be changed.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The kind of had stuff similar to that with the Pokéathlon (just you weren't riding your Pokémon in there), so that would actually be fun to see pop up in the games officially. Maybe in the city where you ride Gogoat there's a racetrack where you can enter your Pokémon? Of course they'd have to be from a list of Pokémon preset so you aren't riding something like a Jigglypuff =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The kind of had stuff similar to that with the Pokéathlon (just you weren't riding your Pokémon in there), so that would actually be fun to see pop up in the games officially. Maybe in the city where you ride Gogoat there's a racetrack where you can enter your Pokémon? Of course they'd have to be from a list of Pokémon preset so you aren't riding something like a Jigglypuff =P
You mean I won't be able to ride my Piplup? Darnit!

Cyclone

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I'm pretty sure it's going to be a thing for that town, just with Gogoat like

"Hey kid, Tired of walking everywhere" says a mysterious voice, you turn and see a booth this a old guy in it "I know I am, how would you like to ride through (insert town name here) in leasure."

*Character walks over*

"For just 500 (Poke-currency symbol) you can ride around this town with ease." he says

You Irl "Hell yeah, I finally got the bike!".

*You pay the man*

"Haha, great choice, just follow me down this ally"

You Irl "What? Am I getting molested?"

You reach the end of the alley and met with a green fenced off area surrounded by the stone walls of the builings, filled with Gogoats.

"Pick any one you like, oh and here take this!"

*You got the Gogoat saddle"

You Irl "AWEESSSOOOMEEE"

You begin to chase one down in a OCO chicken chasing fashion until you notice one with a slightly different color, holy crap sauce a shiny! You run up to it and try to saddle it, but as soon as you do he kicks you in the face ( I bet he's faster, and maybe requires me to feed him berries or needs a special saddle). You grab a different one, slightly disappointed but still pumped! You race around the town, unable to enter buildings unless you dismount at which point Gogoat runs back to the stables; of course you try to leave town, at which point the old man runs up to you and pushes you off

"Hey are you trying to steal my merchandise? Stay in (City name here)!" then he mounts it and rides off.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm pretty sure it's going to be a thing for that town, just with Gogoat like

"Hey kid, Tired of walking everywhere" says a mysterious voice, you turn and see a booth this a old guy in it "I know I am, how would you like to ride through (insert town name here) in leasure."

*Character walks over*

"For just 500 (Poke-currency symbol) you can ride around this town with ease." he says

You Irl "Hell yeah, I finally got the bike!".

*You pay the man*

"Haha, great choice, just follow me down this ally"

You Irl "What? Am I getting molested?"

You reach the end of the alley and met with a green fenced off area surrounded by the stone walls of the builings, filled with Gogoats.

"Pick any one you like, oh and here take this!"

*You got the Gogoat saddle"

You Irl "AWEESSSOOOMEEE"

You begin to chase one down in a OCO chicken chasing fashion until you notice one with a slightly different color, holy crap sauce a shiny! You run up to it and try to saddle it, but as soon as you do he kicks you in the face ( I bet he's faster, and maybe requires me to feed him berries or needs a special saddle). You grab a different one, slightly disappointed but still pumped! You race around the town, unable to enter buildings unless you dismount at which point Gogoat runs back to the stables; of course you try to leave town, at which point the old man runs up to you and push you off

"Hey are you trying to steal my merchandise? Stay in (City name here)!" then he mounts it and rides off.
For all your scripting needs, that's hiff8, care of...

Basically, yes. That's what I'm suggesting. Though in much fewer words. Also, I think you'd be given a bubble saying you can't leave town, and you turn around and go back one square back within the city limits; I've never heard of those kinds of characters being so rude as to push you off a goat - I mean, Gogoat.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Or maybe they could have the bubble say Gogoat is tired and wants to rest so it returns to it's Pokeball as you leave the city? Even though this may happen a bit after you've send it out to ride on xD

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Hey now I said the old man pushes you off, and there have been plenty of rude people and pokemon, ever hear of Gary? Plenty of greedy one too which is what I was going fro with the old man

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey now I said the old man pushes you off, and there have been plenty of rude people and pokemon, ever hear of Gary? Plenty of greedy one too which is what I was going fro with the old man
Well, yeah, but Gary is...well, Gary.

Cyclone

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
There's also the con artist magikarp salesman, and the man that tries to sell you a persim berry for 5k

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I would assume this feature is only for specific quadrupedal Pokémon. It's possible that there is a Follow Me feature, and the player can choose to mount their Pokémon if they are quadrupedal, if they're winged, or if they're large enough. Maybe if they're small enough, you can carry them, or they can ride on your shoulders!! :D

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Can't believe this wasn't brought up already, but...

I'm thinking that, somewhere in the Kalos region, there will be some form of flight (helicopter, airplane, jetpack, what have you) that will fly around the region once and then plop you back where you found the flight service, similar to the Royal Unova in Castelia City. This would be a great way to show off the 3DS' raw power compared to the DS, with awesomely dynamic camera angles to give players a glimpse of the new region without giving anything away.

Also, there will be mine carts in the mines seen on Kalos' artwork. Callin' it right now :-)

Back