• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my future team

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Samurott-Daimyo (leader of Samurai clan)
Surf/Water Pulse
Blizzard/Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Dig?

Emboar-Vulcan (roman god of fire, forges, and volcanoes)
Brick Break/Hammer Arm
Flare Blitz/Flame Charge
Stone Edge/Head Smash
Wild Charge/Earthquake

Serperior-Hierophis (scientific name for Balkan whip snake)
Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Leaf Blade
Leech Seed
Toxic
Dragon Tail/Aerial Ace

Archaeops-Archaptor
Fly/Acrobatics
Shadow Claw/Crunch
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
U-Turn/Dig

Accelgor-Maturo (latin word for accelerate)
Bug Buzz/U-Turn
Energy Ball/Giga Drain
Focus Blast
Sludge Bomb?

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Ev's? Natures? stuff like that for me to get a good judgement on your team!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
For the team to be rated competitively, we require EVs, items and Natures on top of the pokemon name/moveset. You're also missing out on your 6th pokemon. From what I see however, you've chosen some pokemon who aren't very viable in the competitive environment. However, your team may be UU.

Pokemon like Archeops work best with a Flying Gem and Acrobatics spam. A wish supporter would be excellent for him as well considering his awful ability, Defeatist. Accelgor is best used as a lead, carrying a focus sash, and setting up spikes, however he can be a sweeper somewhat because of his amazing speed and decent Special Attack, in which case you'll want a movset along the lines of: Bug Buzz / Giga Drain / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice] or Recover.

As much fun as using all the starters' final stages would be, their sub-par pokemon for the most part. Serperior is very...unique and is severely outclassed in what he's able to do until his Dream World ability is released. However, if you truly want to use him, he's best as a dual screener.

Smogon said:
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Light Screen
move 2: Reflect
move 3: Glare / Safeguard / Taunt
move 4: Leaf Blade / Leaf Storm
item: Light Clay / Mental Herb
nature: Jolly / Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Samurott has access to Megahorn and Swords Dance, in which case you should make him a physical sweeper with a moveset of:

- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail / Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

I know next to nothing about Emboar, so I won't even try. >.< But yeah, we need Natures, Items, and EVs in order to give full rates, as well as your 6th pokemon and tier you plan to play in.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Thanks

Ok first off, I have no idea how EVs work. I do however know the natures...

Samurott - Mild Nature

Emboar - Gentle Nature

Accelgor - Quirky Nature

Serperior - Rash Nature

Archaeops - Lonely Nature

I refuse to accept a 6th Pokemon and sometimes even a 5th as it gives a false sense of security.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
well EV training can take a little while to fully explain. i think you would benefit form googling some Ev training guides. EV training your pokemon is essential in todays metagame.

also for natures you will want to avoid neutral natures and detrimental natures to the pokemons best stats.
for example: archeops will benefit from a jolly nature, which ups speed and decreases sp. attack. and since archeops has no use for its sp. attack stat its the proper nature to use if you want archeops to be a speedy sweeper. adamant nature is also a viable option too.

i don't see why you refuse to use a sixth pokemon. its like starting off with a handicap and a major disadvantage. in some cases a sixth pokemon, depending on which one you choose can really turn the tide in your favor, as can held items. some very beneficial items are choice items ( band, scarf, specs), life orb, expert belt, berries, leftovers.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ok first off, I have no idea how EVs work. I do however know the natures...

I would like to play off of what Dreyko said and offer those links. Here you can find a good break down of EVs. It includes what they are and the significance of EV usage in competitive play. I think it's a 4th gen guide, but it'll give you everything you need to make an educated decision on what EVs are best applied to your Pokemon. If you still have problems with EVs on individual Pokemon, post your inquiry in the Q&A sticky at the top of the forum and we'll be happy to help you with an EV spread.

In case you're EV training in-game for competitive play, you're not going to get all the information you need from the aforementioned guide. Here is a link to Smogon's list of EV training hot spots in Black and White. If you need any more help understanding the basis of EVs, IVs, or anything of that nature, don't be afraid to post in the Q&A sticky.

I refuse to accept a 6th Pokemon and sometimes even a 5th as it gives a false sense of security.

Umm.. I really don't understand your psychology behind this either. D:

While you're entitled to only have 4 or 5 Pokemon on your team, you do realize that we are trying to rate your team for competitive battling, right? Because teams that lack a something as crucial as a whole Pokemon are pretty much destined to fail in a competitive environment. ;( Every Pokemon on your team plays a role that is absolutely necessary for it to function as a unit. If you only have 5 Pokemon, you opponent is going to wipe the floor with you simply because they automatically have the advantage. Again, you are allowed to use 4 or 5 Pokemon, just don't expect your opponent to share that same philosophy.. :x

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Ok, considering you dont know what EV's are, and how you dont like 6 pokemon on a team (wtf?)

I'll just rate the pokemon and their moves :)

Make Samurott the physical sweeper set thats swords dance megahorn etc etc (dig? lol)

Emboar is uh...i dont know

Actually it is really hard to comment if i dont know the Ev's or abiliteis even...sorry...

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Working on it...

Ok I am now researching all of the above. Glad to see that people have actually checked this forum out. Give me a week or maybe two weeks and I will have the team.

Back