• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you name your PC storage boxes?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't name or organise my boxes. Whatever goes into them stays as it is. I do make sure there are no empty spaces in any filled box though. Doesn't look good.

Oh, there is one exception. I put all my legendaries and pokemon with hidden abilities into a separate box. I feel that they are special and need special treatment lols.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Sometimes when I feel up to it I would ocasionally feel like organising my box by their type, or usage, or whether they need training or not. etc. different things. And sooner or later I eventually mess it up only for me to maybe fix it much, much later

Years
I usually don't name my PC boxes until end game or late into the game. Though, when I do name my boxes it is according to type or in a way as to sort the Pokemon that I am breeding and their eggs, etc.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
All I do is use a few boxes left from 1 for storage of things I use, to keep them apart from PokeDex fillers.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I put all 600+ pokemons in numerical order.

in my older games, I started at box 1, but now I'm going to skip to about box 3/4 before I start listing out all the pokemons. Easier to organize this way.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I name mine by number. So, Box 1 is 1-30, and so on. I generally like to try and get one of every Pokemon in my Pokemon games, and it's easier to organize and keep track of them all that way. I'll occasionally label one "Trade" or "Teams" though, to keep track of what I need to trade over, or my team setup.

Years
I've gotten lazy since my 3rd gen games. I used to always sort my Pokemon by their range of levels, but I've basically left all my boxes unsorted in the 4th and 5th gen games, aside from a few exceptions. I do have a seperate box for all the Unown on my HeartGold, and for all my legendaries in every game, but other than that, they're just all over the place. Now that I've looked through this thread, it almost inspires me to go and re-organize all of my boxes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The only 4 boxes I name: Team, Events, Legendary and Shinies.

The rest of the boxes are at their generic name.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'm too lazy to organize the PC.I just keep whatever pokemon lands in whatever Box but i do change the wallpapers.I might keep the legendaries in a seperate box.The only time i organized a box is when i caught all different Unowns and arranged them alphabetically in Platinum.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I name my boxes by family. For example, I have a Skitty and a Delcatty. I name the box Ms. Delcatty and Family. I don't put a lot of Pokemon in storage, so running out of space isn't possible.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I don't organize my boxes, wherever the Pokemon land they tend to stay there.

Although, in Black 2 I did organize my legendaries into one box.

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
The only time I ever organize my boxes is when I get National Dex and then I organize the boxes by thier type or habitat. For example, Magcargo and Heatran would go in Mountain section with Golem and other rock, steel, and ground types while Magmar, Blaziken, and other fire types will go under Fire section

I also keep a box for my eggs, eons and of course, my strongest Pokemon or "Stars".

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't really organize my boxes.
Althought I have two organized and named boxes. One for my Unown collection and the other for the Pokemon I'm trading with other people.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I... don't. I don't catch enough Pokemon to fill even one box, let alone 10-15 or anything else. Filling the PokeDex has never been a goal of mine, and neither have RNGing/shiny hunting, so I only capture the Pokemon that I'm going to use on my team. And those that are given to me by NPCs, but there aren't that many of those. If I'm using anything other than 'Box 1', then that's very, very unusual for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
In the past it was either by Type or (In Soul Silver) by Dex Color. But since then I've gotten lazy and haven't bothered with my boxes' names at all.

QueenMadz

I floop the pig~
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
I keep them organized by 'Legendarys', 'Valubles', 'In Game Pokemon that are worth keeping', and 'Teams'

Yup,

Back