• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi everyone :) I have another question... This time, it's about checking the legality of an event Pokemon with a ribbon that Pokecheck can't check.
I have an event Mew from HG, but back in the day I used to use AR to get hacked Pokemon (which I've stopped doing when I joined this site). I don't know if the Mew in question is a hack or if it's a legitimate Wi-Fi event Pokemon. Is there any way to check it? I really don't want to offer this Mew without knowing it it's hacked or not :/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm trying to figure out how to go about this, so I'm going to seek advice.

I have three boxes full of babies, including some of my baby Volt Tackle Night Daze Zoruas (legit. too) and 14 Charmanders. I also have some unneeded (but not baby) Pokés in a couple of other boxes, as well as two boxes that contain all of my legendaries (these are for cloning specifically); eventually, I'll add a box full of Events.

I am getting ready to start up a trade shop, but knowing the work involved might be in over my head getting one started. However, my question is how to go about emptying my boxes. My trade shop will be a breeding shop, and will include a service whereby one can get either a perfect baby of virtually any species or any Egg Move that can legitimately be bred (the latter would involve some research by me on chain breeding in specific cases). I'll also have a Legendary Corner or somesuch.

What I want to do is get rid of the Pokémon that are NOT babies and are NOT legendaries or Events.

Am I better off setting up the trade shop now in order to do that (particularly since I have about two boxes-worth of babies among the Pokés), or should I post a giveaway (no babies yet, trade shop exclusive) in the QT thread? I have to compile all of the information first before doing either, just wondering what you guys think the best option is. :)

Cyclone

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
tl;dr...I want to do is get rid of the Pokémon that are NOT babies and are NOT legendaries or Events (from my boxes).

Am I better off setting up the trade shop now in order to do that (particularly since I have about two boxes-worth of babies among the Pokés), or should I post a giveaway (no babies yet, trade shop exclusive) in the QT thread? I have to compile all of the information first before doing either, just wondering what you guys think the best option is. :)

Cyclone

If you're giving away massive amounts/variety (species) of Pokémon, then I'd suggest making a giveaway thread. No need to bother making a grocery list in QTT.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
hey, anyone remember how to change a trade shops name? i'm gonna completely transform my boring trade thread into something unique and amazing!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
A few weeks ago my son "found" my copy of Colloseum somewhere... I REALLY wish I knew where it has been, I have not played it since before he was born (and he's now 2). Last night I managed to locate my memory card with my old save file on it, and quite happily spent a few hours leveling up some of my pokemon. It is making me REALLY want to learn to RNG in GEN III. I played with RNG in Emerald as I wanted some decent Ditto's and in my opinion they are just much easier to catch in that cave in Emerald than in the Gen IV games, but at the time I was consistently off by a dozen or more frames... and just felt that in the long run it was barely worth it. However, I had forgotten how much fun it is to climb Mt. Battle and watch your levels go up quick since each trainer typically has four or five Pokemon. (I know... EV training is near impossible in this game... )

So... Does anyone here have decent experience with Gen III RNG abuse and have any words of wisdom?

Secondly:
Most of my Pokemon I caught in Colloseum were caught using the games Master Ball glitch. Are these considered hacks for the sake of trading here?

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
A few weeks ago my son "found" my copy of Colloseum somewhere... I REALLY wish I knew where it has been, I have not played it since before he was born (and he's now 2). Last night I managed to locate my memory card with my old save file on it, and quite happily spent a few hours leveling up some of my pokemon. It is making me REALLY want to learn to RNG in GEN III. I played with RNG in Emerald as I wanted some decent Ditto's and in my opinion they are just much easier to catch in that cave in Emerald than in the Gen IV games, but at the time I was consistently off by a dozen or more frames... and just felt that in the long run it was barely worth it. However, I had forgotten how much fun it is to climb Mt. Battle and watch your levels go up quick since each trainer typically has four or five Pokemon. (I know... EV training is near impossible in this game... )

So... Does anyone here have decent experience with Gen III RNG abuse and have any words of wisdom?

Secondly:
Most of my Pokemon I caught in Colloseum were caught using the games Master Ball glitch. Are these considered hacks for the sake of trading here?
This is a guide I found on smogon. Hope it can help you with it :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
This is a guide I found on smogon. Hope it can help you with it :)

Smogon was quite helpful. I RNGed Gen IV before I ever attempted Gen III. I've even RNG abused my ID in Gen V (for vanity reasons only not a specific spread). On the surface Gen III seems easier, because it's a factor only time, and hitting the frame right. Very different from hitting a time AND delay in Gen IV. Also, not having to change the time every time you don't hit the frame you are looking for is nice. However, my first attempts were hours of resetting (I kept a very low frame to practice on... only around 30 seconds), and just never hitting it. Having access to being able to level up on Mt. Battle feels worth trying this again though.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Smogon was quite helpful. I RNGed Gen IV before I ever attempted Gen III. I've even RNG abused my ID in Gen V (for vanity reasons only not a specific spread). On the surface Gen III seems easier, because it's a factor only time, and hitting the frame right. Very different from hitting a time AND delay in Gen IV. Also, not having to change the time every time you don't hit the frame you are looking for is nice. However, my first attempts were hours of resetting (I kept a very low frame to practice on... only around 30 seconds), and just never hitting it. Having access to being able to level up on Mt. Battle feels worth trying this again though.

Well, Some RNG abusers have said before, RNG in gen III may take hours and days just to get one pokemon but it is worth as some pokemon can only have a certain move in gen III like ST Chansey :). Keep trying, I know you will get it. And sorry for not posting the link, i guess I was so sleepy that I forget to post it but there it is
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group....&discussionid=7691&gmid=149537#gmessage149537

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well, Some RNG abusers have said before, RNG in gen III may take hours and days just to get one pokemon but it is worth as some pokemon can only have a certain move in gen III like ST Chansey :). Keep trying, I know you will get it. And sorry for not posting the link, i guess I was so sleepy that I forget to post it but there it is
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group....&discussionid=7691&gmid=149537#gmessage149537

Thanks for the link, that is acctually very helpful looking! I was thinking you meant the guides on the main Smogon site for RNG in general (Which is where I learned GEN IV and GEN V).

The longest part of Gen III abuse is that it doesn't rely on date/time combination, but time from when you start the game. So, if the spread you want only shows up an hour after re-setting, you have to wait an hour. For attempting to learn RNG on Gen III, I was selecting spreads roughly a minute in. I wanted (and still want) to learn this primarily as a way to get a collection of Ditto's with two or more perfect stats (Yes, I know a perfect Ditto in all states might be ideal), and I was able to find a spread with two perfect stats in roughly a minute of waiting. I have tried different timers (I prefer a Java timer to the Eon timer), but it just seems a little hard to get right. I am always off by about 10 to 20 frames each time. Yes, that was what it was like the first few times trying to hit delays when I was RNGing in Gen IV...

My newest desire to learn Gen III is so that I can level up to 100 on Mt. Battle (Just feels so much quicker, a game cube controller is much more comfortable in my hand, and my two year old likes to watch me play it on the TV). But I will also keep in mind being able to get moves that are now exclusive to Gen III that way.

Thanks again.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
you know its really awkward when you're playing over wifi with a friend while he doesn't know voice chat is on and his dad comes in and tells him he's ordering pizza hut and after you hear his dad leave he starts singing his "i love pizza hut" song...

EDIT: aw, sweet! some japanese guy was so desperate for an american ditto that he traded me his arceus!

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Once I was in a wifi battle with sound on...my opponent heard me chuckling evilly and knew he was gonna be in trouble so he tried counter-predicting me. And it worked. NEVER PUTTING SOUND ON AGAIN. EVER.

Luke STILL hasn't done what he was supposed to so I STILL can't post my latest rng. GRRR. Bad boy!

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Once I was in a wifi battle with sound on...my opponent heard me chuckling evilly and knew he was gonna be in trouble so he tried counter-predicting me. And it worked. NEVER PUTTING SOUND ON AGAIN. EVER.

Luke STILL hasn't done what he was supposed to so I STILL can't post my latest rng. GRRR. Bad boy!
Is he waiting for everyone to get their gifts in? D:
Whoever hasn't gotten their presents in yet, get it in now! >:[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back