• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is Our Journey: Series 1 - Kanto (Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
This is Our Journey: Series 1 - Kanto 15+ (Sign Ups)

This is Our Journey: Series 1 - Kanto (15+)

Hey everyone!
I'm new here, i only found out about this forum yesterday. The one thing that caught my eye was the Pokemon Roleplaying.
I couldn't find any other Pokemon Roleplays that i liked so I've decided to make my own.

This Roleplay is about a boy's Pokemon Journey through Kanto, nothing special i just thought I'd start off with something simple. After saying this, that doesn't mean that this will be an "easy" RPG.
It will take a lot of hard work to become a success.

RPG Rules:
- No Powerplaying
- No Spamming
- Stay Active
- 5-Sentence/7 Line Rule
- No Dropping Out. If you want to leave you must discuss it with me and we will plan to write you out of the story.

My Rules:
- We will create storylines in the Roleplay Lounge. So try to stay active.
- NPC characters will be controlled by the character who is currently posting. This will be decided in the Roleplay Lounge.
- Whatever i say goes, after all it is MY RPG. If you do not respect me, you will first be talked to personally by me and if that doesn't help, then you will be removed from this RPG.
- Respect your fellow characters. If someone has an idea for the RPG, let them speak. Don't just say "NO", "Shut up" or "That's a stupid idea". I will decide whether to add it to the story or not, sometimes we will have a vote though.
- Once the RPG starts no-one except the characters may post in the Roleplay thread. If you disobey this rule and post anyway i will take the issue to a mod.

So anyway, I'll be needing some people to play other characters. When you are filling out the character sheet could you please tell me what you want to be? Companion or rival.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Age (15-18):
Appearance (make this as detailed as possible):
Personality (make this as detailed as possible):
History (make this as detailed as possible):
Starter Pokemon:
Trainer Card:

Pokemon: Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle/Pikachu

I will only need 1 companion, but we will also be traveling with our rivals.

Companion:
Companion - Sean Florian (Brawler360)

Rivals:
My Rival - Christopher Evans (Rubii Naruto)
Companion's Rival - Kelly J. Adelade (Archaedios)

Things You Should Know:
- This RPG will be just like an actual TV series. Each storyline will consist of 1 or more "episode(s)" each with their own title.
- Please read the whole post before submitting your character sheet, if you attend to every detail you will have a higher chance of getting in.
Also, i may refuse any application i want. So don't get angry if you don't get in, there's always series 2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Characters

Main Character
Name: Kev Piaras

Appearance: Kev has shaggy brown hair which is nearly completely hidden by a white and green beanie. He has deep blue eyes that you seem to get lost in if you stare for too long. His skin is light, not pale, but not as dark as most of the other people in Pallet Town. He is usually seen wearing a white and green striped t-shirt accompanied by a red scarf tied around his neck and a pair of black fingerless gloves with yellow trim. He wears red and green raver pants held up by a white belt and has a pair of red and white sneakers worn over white ankle socks.

Personality: Kev is a cheerful boy who doesn't let things get him down. Although his mother's death did have a huge effect on him. He is very determined when it comes to Pokemon battles and used Pidgey often to fight off Caterpie's and Weedle's from his garden.
Kev is also gracious in defeat, he always has a smile on his face after a battle, even if he loses.

History: Kev was born in Pallet Town, where he has been living all his life. 5 years ago his mother fell terribly ill, the day before Kev was supposed to start his Pokemon Journey.
He had to give up on his dream and take care of his mother, but it did give him time to continue his school work. Kev never did receive his first Pokemon from Prof. Oak, but he didn't mind because his mother's pet Pidgey was good company. Sadly Kev's mother passed away a couple of weeks ago, there were many people at the funeral including Prof. Oak, Kev's best friend and even Pidgey.
Prof. Oak said that Kev should do something to get his mind off his mothers death, he suggested starting his Pokemon Journey.
Kev has decided to do exactly that...

Starter Pokemon: Pikachu (M)

Companion
Name: Sean Florian

Appearance: Standing only slightly above-average height-wise, Sean has an athletic build. Having always been fairly physically active throughout his life, he has maintained good physical fitness since he was 13 years of age, when he really began training himself. His skin is tan, due to his above-average exposure to the outdoors. He wears a dark gray vest with a fair amount of pockets. Underneath he wears a long-sleeve gray t-shirt with black khaki cargo pants and black and gray sneakers. He has long, spiky black hair, which is almost always unkempt. His eyes are steely gray-blue, which he would tell you are probably his best feature.

Personality: All in all, Sean could be described as a pretty nice guy. Being average in almost all categories (size, intelligence, physical attributes, etc.) he finds that his, sometimes, over-polite nature will separate him from the pack and help him to be successful. In social situations he is usually fairly reserved, but will not hesitate or joke around quite a bit if he is in a good mood. He would do anything for his friends and family, but only if they are willing to help themselves first. Because of his caring and helpful nature, however, there have been many times when people have taken advantage of him.

History: Being born to an average middle-class family in Pallet Town, Sean Florian was raised with his twin sister, Sarah. Growing up with her, everything in his life had always been a competition, as he was constantly trying to out-do her to prove his worth. Obviously, the two loved each other greatly, as a brother and sister should, but that aura of competition has always been between the two of them. Having had no real stressful situations in his life, he would tell you he was raised very well by his caring and loving parents and, partially, his sister. At the age of 10 his parents declared him too young to begin his journey, so it was not until he turned 16 that they allowed him to go out and journey the region of Kanto by himself.

Starter Pokemon: Squirtle

My Rival
Name: Christopher Evans

Appearance: Chris has messy black hair, and sometimes he puts a cap over it. His skin is slightly tan, from being in the sun. He wears a slightly tan hoodie that is a couple sizes too big for him. His pants are long and black with some rips in them, but no matter what he wears, you will always see a chain hanging out. Chris also has a fake pair of glasses on. (Given to him by his dead brother.)​

Personality: To strangers, Chris is an impatient man whom is susceptible to anger fits. To family, he is more loyal to, despite his impatience, even to Pokemon he is impatient, but can be a good person if you look past his impatience.​

History: Christopher was born in Pallet Town on February 23rd, 1993. But there were complications with his birth. It turns out that Chris was born with a fatal blood infection. So Chris had to stay at the hospital for nine days, until a blood transfusion was performed, after that, his parents were finally able to take him home.​

When Christopher turned five, he gained a fierce rivalry with his nine year old brother Fredrick. But obviously Chris couldn't beat him because he was too young. When Chris turned seven, the brothers rivalry grew because Fred went out and became a successful trainer, having caught at least 100 Pokemon in only 1 month, so Chris decided go on a Pokemon journey when he was the right age.​

Two years later, when Fredrick came home, he decided to take Chris to the Orange Islands with him, after hearing about that, Chris was ecstatic, he always wanted to see Fred in action. But two days before the brothers were to go to the Orange Islands, a squad of Team Rocket grunts attacked and killed Fredrick, and his final words were. "You won't get away with this, when I fall another, and stronger person will rise and take you down."​

After hearing of his brothers death, Christopher started getting mad at every little thing, it got so bad that he had to be pulled out of school for a few weeks. Eventually Chris's temper subsided when he found his brothers journal, explaining everything about his journey, even the events that happened with Team Rocket, and ever since that day, he wanted to take out Team Rocket to avenge his dead brother.​

Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur​

Companions Rival
Name: Kelly J. Adelade
Nickname: Kell

Personality: Kelly (He prefers Kell), despite having tragedy befall him, is actually a very caring and nurturing person. He loves to help out whenever he can. He is very smart even though he never graduated from the Pokemon academy. He can be independent at times but is always willing to accept help. He has been told he would make a great trainer but until now he never had a chance and he doesn't aim to disappoint.

Kell is one of those people who seems to be a big brother to everyone and will be there for you when you need it most.

He is afraid of being forgotten and will sometimes do things a little over the top. He is also afraid of being alone and is claustrophobic. Although he is afraid of the dark and deep water he doesn't like to admit it. At times his attitude will shift to a more depressed mode as he represses most of the bad things that happen to him and others and is known to lash out in an almost fury at times of stress or heightened adrenaline (like during turning point Pokemon battles or plot twists). These little depressions are usually avoided when around friends and loved ones.

Appearance: Kell is 5'10" tall, and weighs about 145 lbs. Currently, he is wearing baggy white cargo's and a tight-ish fitting black T-shirt with a picture of a Gardevoir down the left side of the stomach/chest region. He has a black sweat band with the premier ball emblem on his right wrist. His shoes, although covered by his pants, are a misc. brand of white/grey skate shoes. He could be explained as skinny but lean and athletic. He keeps his oak colored hair at about 5 to 6 inches long and has a blonde streak above his left eye, although he keeps it out of his fairly good looking face with a plethora of head swish movements. When he looks at you with his vibrant blue eyes, it looks as though he is seeing into you but it isn't the creepy kinda look. More like he is studying you or collecting details. His voice is just a tad deeper than what you would expect to come from him when you first meet, but it is a friendly voice with just a tint of sadness (he is in no way emo, he has gone through tragedy and still mourns from time to time). He has a fair skin tone even though he spends his time playing outside with Pokemon.

History: Born and raised in Cerulean city by his loving parents, Kell, a single child lived a typical life. He went to school, made some friends (the ones who didn't pick on him for having a girls name), and played as any ordinary child would.

One day his dad, Jim, had made a trip to the docks in vermilion city. You see, he did maintenance on ships from the port town. That day he hadn't returned home for supper, but it wasn't the first time he spent extra time to help ships leave harbor quickly. When midnight rolled around Kell's mother, Autumn, began to get worried.

Kell opt to stay home in case he showed up, and waved his mom goodbye and awaited for their return. Evidently when working he had slipped into the water from the wet dockside when carrying piping. The piping had caught his clothing and sent him to the bottom of the surrounding water and that is where he rested.

Years later Autumn had enrolled Kell into the Pokemon academy, but the tragedy had changed Kell and as he struggled to find a purpose, his grades began to drop and he left the school to returned home. Only days later did he find that purpose, the Pokemon daycare just south of the city. He couldn't get enough of helping out Pokemon as well as their trainers.

One day, having come across an exceedingly rare egg, Kell asked the trainer responsible for the egg if he could keep it. The trainer was more than glad to give it up. Kell had brought the egg to Bill but bill had no idea what it was and told Kell that Professor Oak would be his best bet.

After He dropped off the egg, Professor Oak suggested to Kell that now would be a great time to start raising his own Pokemon. After some thought, Kell called his mother and the daycare with his decision.

This was Kell's chance to finally have his own Pokemon to raise, and to raise right...

Starter Pokemon: Charmander

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2010
Sean Florian
54.png

Character Info
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 170 lbs.

Appearance: Standing only slightly above-average height-wise, Sean's has an athletic build. Having always been fairly physically active throughout his life, he has maintained good physical fitness since he was 13 years of age, when he really began training himself. His skin is tan, do to his above-average exposure to the outdoors. He wears a dark gray vest with a fair amount of pockets. Underneath he wears a long-sleeve gray t-shirt with black khaki cargo pants and black and gray sneakers. He has long, spiky black hair, which is almost always unkempt. His eyes are steely gray-blue, which he would tell you are probably his best feature.

Personality: All in all, Sean could be described as a pretty nice guy. Being average in almost all categories (size, intelligence, physical attributes, etc.) he finds that his, sometimes, over-polite nature will separate him from the pack and help him to be successful. In social situations he is usually fairly reserved, but will not hesitate or joke around quite a bit if he is in a good mood. He would do anything for his friends and family, but only if they are willing to help themselves first. Because of his caring and helpful nature, however, there have been many times when people have taken advantage of him.

History: Being born to an average middle-class family in PalletTown, Sean Florian was raised with his twin sister, Sarah. Growing up with her, everything in his life had always been a competition, as he was constantly trying to out-do her to prove his worth. Obviously, the two loved each other greatly, as a brother and sister should, but that aura of competition has always been between the two of them. Having had no real stressful situations in his life, he would tell you he was raised very well by his caring and loving parents and, partially, his sister. At the age of 10 his parents declared him too young to begin his journey, so it was not until he turned 16 that they allowed him to go out and journey the region of Kanto by himself.

Starter Pokemon: Squirtle

Position Desired: Companion

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Name: Christopher Evans

Appearance: Chris has messy blonde hair, and sometimes he puts a cap over it. His skin is slightly tan, from being in the sun. He wears a slightly tan hoodie that is a couple sizes too big for him. His pants are long and black with some tears in them, but no matter what he wears, you will always see a chain hanging out. Chris also has a fake pair of glasses on. (Given to him by his dead brother.)​

Personality: To strangers, Chris is an impatient man whom is susceptible to anger fits . To family, he is more loyal to, despite his impatience, Even to pokemon he is impatient, but can be a good person if you look past his impatience.

History: Christopher was born in Pallet Town on February 23rd, 1993. But there were complications with his birth. It turns out that Chris was born with a fatal blood infection. So Chris had to stay at the hospital for nine days, until a blood transfusion was performed, after that, his parents were finally able to take him home.​

When Christopher turned five, he gained a fierce rivalry with his nine year old brother Fredrick. But obviously Chris couldn't beat him because he was too young. When Chris turned seven, the brothers rivalry grew because Fred went out and became a successful trainer, having caught at least 100 pokemon in only 1 month, so Chris decided go on a pokemon journey when he was the right age.​

Two years later, when Fredrick came home, he decided to take Chris to the Orange Islands with him, after hearing about that, Chris was ecstatic, he always wanted to see Fred in action. But two days before the brothers were to go to the Orange Islands, a squad of Team Rocket grunts attacked and killed Fredrick, and his final words were." You won't get away with this, when I fall another, and stronger person will rise and take you down."​

After hearing of his brothers death, Christopher started getting mad at every little thing, it got so bad that he had to be pulled out of school for a few weeks. Eventually Chris's temper subsided when he found his brothers journal, explaining everything about his journey, even the events that happened with Team Rocket, and ever since that day, he wanted to take out Team Rocket to avenge his dead brother.​

Preferred Starter: Bulbasaur​

Position Desired: Rival​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2010
Okay. A few questions:

1) When do we start?
2) Are we going to be added to the main thread as Companion and Rival so others don't try to sign-up on those spots?
3) Any other information we may need?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Okay. A few questions:

1) When do we start?
2) Are we going to be added to the main thread as Companion and Rival so others don't try to sign-up on those spots?
3) Any other information we may need?

1) As soon as all spots are filled and i get all i need for the RP.
2) I just finished updating it. The fonts were being annoying, lol.
3) It will all be explained in a seperate thread, later on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2010
Okay then. If you could PM me when things are all set that would be great. I look forward to making a great RPG with you!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2008
Name: Kira
Appearance : Kira has long thinck blonde hair that reaches the middle of her back, which she keeps loose, except the fringe which is clipped back to keep it out her eyes. She's around 5'9, and has a slim build. She wears long black trousers, black trainers, and a blck pullover. She tends to wear different coloured t-shirts underneath, but you can't alway see them. She wears a necklace with a flame charm on it, which she keeps close.
Personality: Kira seems to smile often, but is often quite, exspecially around people she doesn't know. She can occasionaly make harsh comments on things like peoples battle style, but she is really only trying to help. You can't tell her mood from her face, she's become practised athiding her feelings behind a smile, as she doesn't want people to worry about her. Despite her occasional comments she cares deeply for her friends, and will do what she can to help them.
History : Her father was a strong fire pokemon trainer, and brught her and her siblings up in Pallet town alone., as their mother had died when she was 6 and taught her and her siblings how to love them, and how to use theri abilities to helo win battles. He was the reason she wanted to be a trainer, and why she chose Chamander as a starter. She adored her father, always playing with him and his pokemon.

But all good things come to an end. When she was 9 they outside Pallet Town, when a sudden storm started up. Several of the weaker pokemon began to get swept away. Kira's father got her safely into the house then went outside to rescue his pokemon. They found him the next morning, barely alive. When she got there he did to things. One was give her the fire charm he always wore around his neck to her and the second was to whisper in her ear. "Look after you siblngs. And be the strongest" Then he died. She stayed there for ages weeping. Then she pulled herself together and swore to do as he asked.

She stayed at home looking after her siblings, until the second oldest, Nate turned 14, and the third and fourth were 13. Then she began to pack and plan, waiting for the next time for Professor Oak to be giving out starter pokemon, so she could be there, and become the stringest fire pokemon trainer.

Starter Pokemon: Charmander

Position Desired:Companions Rival

Last edited:

SakuraKenji

Breeder
Years
Name: Kelly J. Adelade
Nickname: Kell
Personality: Kelly (He prefers Kell), despite having tragedy befall him, is actually a very caring and nurturing person. He loves to help out whenever he can. He is very smart even though he never graduated from the Pokemon academy. He can be independent at times but is always willing to accept help. He has been told he would make a great trainer but until now he never had a chance and he doesn't aim to disappoint.

Kell is one of those people who seems to be a big brother to everyone and will be there for you when you need it most.

He is afraid of being forgotten and will sometimes do things a little over the top. He is also afraid of being alone and is claustrophobic. Although he is afraid of the dark and deep water he doesn't like to admit it. At times his attitude will shift to a more depressed mode as he represses most of the bad things that happen to him and others and is known to lash out in an almost fury at times of stress or heightened adrenaline (like during turning point Pokemon battles or plot twists). These little depressions are usually avoided when around friends and loved ones.

Appearence: Kell is 5'10" tall, and weighs about 145 lbs. Currenly, he is wearing baggy white cargos and a tight-ish fitting black T-shirt with a picture of a gardevoir down the left side of the stomach/chest region. He has a black sweat band with the premier ball emblem on his right wrist. His shoes, although covered by his pants, are a misc. brand of white/grey skate shoes. He could be explained as skinny but lean and athletic. He keeps his oak colored hair at about 5 to 6 inches long and has a blonde streak above his left eye, although he keeps it out of his fairly good looking face with a plethora of head swish movements. When he looks at you with his vibrant blue eyes, it looks as though he is seeing into you but it isn't the creepy kinda look. More like he is studying you or collecting details. His voice is just a tad deeper than what you would expect to come from him when you first meet, but it is a friendly voice with just a tint of sadness (he is in no way emo, he has gone through tragedy and still mourns from time to time). He has a fair skintone even though he spends his time playing outside with pokemon.

History: Born and raised in Cerulian city by his loving parents, Kell, a single child lived a typical life. He went to school, made some friends (the ones who didn't pick on him for having a girls name), and played as any ordinary child would.

One day his dad, Jim, had made a trip to the docks in vermilion city. You see, he did maintenace on ships from the port town. That day he hadn't returned home for supper, but it wasn't the first time he spent extra time to help ships leave harbor quickly. When midnight rolled around Kell's mother, Autumn, began to get worried.

Kell opt to stay home in case he showed up, and waved his mom goodbye and awaited for their return. Evidently when working he had sliped into the water from the wet dockside when carrying piping. The piping had caught his clothing and sent him to the bottom of the surrounding water and that is where he rested.

Years later Atumn had enrolled Kell into the pokemon academy, but the tragedy had changed Kell and as he struggled to find a purpose, his grades began to drop and he left the school to returned home. Only days later did he find that purpose, the pokemon daycare just south of the city. He couldn't get enough of helping out pokemon as well as their trainers.

One day, having come across an exceedingly rare egg, Kell asked the trainer responsible for the egg if he could keep it. The trainer was more than glad to give it up. Kell had brought the egg to Bill but bill had no idea what it was and told Kell that Professor Oak would be his best bet.

After He dropped off the egg, Professor Oak suggested to Kell that now would be a great time to start raising his own Pokemon. After some thought, Kell called his mother and the daycare with his decision.

This was Kell's chance to finally have his own Pokemon to raise, and to raise right...

Starter Pokemon: Given the choice, Kell would choose Charmander to be his Pokemon.
Pokemon Nickname: Aryll (pronounced uh-rill )
Pokemon Gender: Female

Aryll is a rather timid and shy Pokemon, preferring to stay by the side of Kell at almost all times and prefers not to be in her poke ball (to be close to her trainer). Kell has no plans to evolve Aryll because he likes her the way she is and doesn't want that to change.

::EDIT::
I'm hoping this is a little less corny and I know It's spelled better. I wrote this before I read DuskGem's, so I apologize for the similarity.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I'm sorry but this RP has been canceled, some stuff came up and now i'm afraid i won't be able to run this RP anymore.

I'm sorry to everyone who was looking forward to this RP, if i find some extra time in the future i'll make it up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back