• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Is there really no way to get froslass naturally? :< By evolving Snorunt? Cause I really want it. It's my favorite pokémon :<

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Whoa, Light Platinum is hack of the year now? I need to get working on finishing that walkthrough. Been too busy with the official games and took a break from hacks, but can't let my effort go to waste.

I am really sorry but Froslass is not in the hack. You have to get other Ice type Poke
This was something I addressed in a "bugfix" patch when it was brought up during my participation. My version includes it. I have a job interview on the go so won't commit to anything at this time (I could be getting ready to move if I get the job and may be without Internet for a spell in a worst case scenario), but getting the Froslass version up is something I have not forgotten.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Does anyone know where to get Beldum and what level Metang evolves into Metagross? Also, do you get it fairly early in the game?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am really sorry but Froslass is not in the hack. You have to get other Ice type Poke

That's not exact. Froslass IS in the hack, it's just not evolvable (???) from Snorunt.
As Cyclone said, Froslass will be available as rare Pokémon in Mt. Winter IIR our conversation correctly.
Correct, and yes, very rare. Though like a slot machine, you could run into it almost immediately. As for the not being evolvable, it's the Dawn Stone. It doesn't exist in Generation III, which is the base for the hack.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
There are custom evolutions here? so i can get pokemon like alakazam or gengar without change? Thanks

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There are custom evolutions here? so i can get pokemon like alakazam or gengar without change? Thanks
Actually, no. They evolve exactly the same way as before. However, because you can't do it without trading, NPCs had to be inserted to trade them to you. An early example is in Seanport City (there are earlier, but I seem to have not fully documented them in my playthrough yet). An NPC here will trade you a Seadra for a Carvanha. This Seadra is conveniently holding a Dragon Scale, which causes it to evolve immediately upon receipt. IIRC, this is the only Kingdra in the game.

You can get a Scizor as well earlier on somewhere, and there are other examples later as well.

Note there are the odd custom evolutions added. I think Riolu now evolves at a set level, for instance.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
Hi... There's a solution to electabuzz evolution bug at level 40? Game blocked after become electivire at level 40.. Im playing with gba.emu on ipad

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
where can you get dig? im stuck at route 510 and the dig that i've got previously i've used it and delete the move. help pleasseeee

Back