• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Writer's Exchange

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
WELCOME TO THE WRITER'S EXCHANGE SYSTEM!

One day I was just web-surfing and bam! An idea hit me!

Tell me if it's a good one please.

This is the Writer's Exchange System. It is similar to getting a beta reader in some ways.

In the Writer's Exchange System, the writers with ideas may post. I've been thinking. Sometimes a writer has an excellent idea but cannot write it well enough to be appreciated. So, you post it and other writers do it for you. The chosen writers PM you with a draft of your story, and if you like it, they are your Exchange Partner and you both team up to do the story together. See where I'm going with this?

Anybody is able to sign up for a writer in this thread. The difference between beta readers and Exchange Partners is that instead of getting your story revised, you get it fully written. Lazy? Perhaps. However, what if you are limited by a disability in writing or comprehension? Then you will need an Exchange Partner. You tell them your ideas chapter by chapter, and they write them.

You decide amongst yourselves who will post the fic. If you can't, find a friend to do it for you. If this happens, post that it happened on this thread.

Whoever posts the fic must give credit to the other(s) that had anything to do with it. If they do not, either talk to a moderator, me, or post it here in the thread. They will be talked to.

Okay, so now you know what this is about, post like mad!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Hmm...is this only for people who want to give up their ideas so others take credit for them with a possible side-note somewhere where no-one reads it? For the record, I'm against this idea. The whole point with reviews and beta reading is that the inexperienced writers can learn from the experienced ones and so develop their own skills, but with this kind of system, this development would be lost and all we would end up with would be the old writers who, I presume, are good enough at coming up with their own plot ideas and so don't really need help with that. Really, all I can see this system causing is that some poor, unsuspecting new guy reveals his/her idea and then an unimaginative N00B writer who lacks the creativity to come up with a plot of his/her own waltzes along and plagiarizes the idea with little or no credit to the original author. I'm not really interested in that kind of bussiness, ya' know. -.- Beta reading and reviewing work far better.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
I see your point. Hmm. I know most people don't like this idea but I think some people would benefit from this because, no offense, but some people aren't cut out for writing but have great imaginations.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
You know, if people have such a disability in communication that they can't even write out their own ideas, do you really think they can explain them in such a way that someone else could write it for them and get it right? I'm sorry, but this system still makes no sense to me. Who exactly benefits from this? Anyone capable of writing something even slightly resemblant of a chapter has the potential to develop at least passable writing skills. I know a dyslexic guy who, after four years of English lessons, still couldn't comprehend the difference between a street and a floor, and even he could do it, so I really can't think of anyone who couldn't do it but would still be good enough to explain his ideas in such a way that another person could comprehend them. o.O 'Not cut out for writing' is synonymous to 'too bloody lazy to work for it' in my book, and simply doing stuff for people doesn't cure their laziness. =P The only thing that varies between people is how much effort they have to put into improving their skills and applying them.

Back