• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Darn, is this a new error, i haven't touched this ROM since map editing.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18033 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SDSME
Assembly Version: 1.6.2.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.12
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
Assembly Version: 2011.10.1.0
Win32 Version: 2011.10.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Never mind found the error, this rom had no MAPS narc file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Wow, restarting DarkViolet?

I've remember your beta on this, but I thought you gave up on it.

Well, i was thinking about making a Firered and Leafgreen remakes, but tons of people are trying so hard to accomplish it. Then in the end everyone who tries to remake it fails.

Firered and Leafgreen remakes are my side-works because they are all ready easy to edit.

It you need help, I'll be availble for scripting only. (BTW why not use a HGSS Rom?) but I like your idea, lets try to see HGSS Maps in different 3D Angles.
No, I am not restarting DarkViolet. DarkViolet is still a GBA game, and it will remain that way for the time being. Me messing around with 4th Gen maps is just a "what if" kind of thing. Ideally, I would like DarkViolet to be a 4th Gen hack, or even a 5th Gen hack, but then it would never get completed.

DarkViolet will be finished as a FireRed hack, but that doesn't mean I won't work on a DS version afterwords (lol then it would be a remake of a remake), or even work on it secretly alongside the GBA one.

For the the time being, I will continue to experiment with DS hacking, but I won't tackle it full-on until DarkViolet on GBA is finished.

VERGUNDAI

Years
Heads up everyone, you can use kyledoves, and wesley FG's tiles in the Tileset editor, better to try with HGSS roms, because they have easier tree editing.

No, I am not restarting DarkViolet. DarkViolet is still a GBA game, and it will remain that way for the time being. Me messing around with 4th Gen maps is just a "what if" kind of thing. Ideally, I would like DarkViolet to be a 4th Gen hack, or even a 5th Gen hack, but then it would never get completed.

DarkViolet will be finished as a FireRed hack, but that doesn't mean I won't work on a DS version afterwords (lol then it would be a remake of a remake), or even work on it secretly alongside the GBA one.

For the the time being, I will continue to experiment with DS hacking, but I won't tackle it full-on until DarkViolet on GBA is finished.

Yeah, DS Mapping is really complex, right now im just hex editing them, and playing around with building models.

Last edited:

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
With SDSME you'll be able to edit scripts, so battles with trainers.
Do you want to have triple battles things on 4th gen games? eheheh

We could try to bring the Skyarrow Bridge- or Castelia City camera angles in Gen IV.

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
We could try to bring the Skyarrow Bridge- or Castelia City camera angles in Gen IV.
I don't think it'll be possible. We should have a logic-based script editor to edit camera views.
You have to know that camera values are different between DP and HGSS.

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
I don't think it'll be possible. We should have a logic-based script editor to edit camera views.
You have to know that camera values are different between DP and HGSS.

We can change the scripts. If something is possible on Gen V, it will be also possible on Gen IV. The Nintendo DS just execute the scripts.

xalien95

Years
When will be possibile to add and remove tilesets? There are two buttons in the tileset editor but at the moment they don't work. I really need those! *--*

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
When will be possibile to add and remove tilesets? There are two buttons in the tileset editor but at the moment they don't work. I really need those! *--*

The tileset number isn't something that depends on the amount of files in a NARC, like trainers or maps, but on an internal value hardcoded in the game's code. I haven't been able to find it yet, that's why the feature doesn't work.

However, I have great news for you. DPPt scripts are done 100%, and now I'm fighting a bit with HGSS'. Even if they are all games of the same generation, many commands change between versions, so I've been forced to two separate parsers. I'd say HGSS scripts are 60%, but I can't confirm it, because sometimes fixing a command breaks a working one. It's really hard to get everything working properly.

xalien95

Years
I hate this error XD
I don't know how to solve in the right way.

Code:
[2013-02-12 T14:43:53]
Warning: No material on node "Model"
Warning: No material on node "polygon1_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_gr"
Warning: No material on node "polygon10_"
Warning: No material on node "default_01"
Warning: No material on node "polygon8_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_02"
Warning: No material on node "polygon12_"
Warning: No material on node "default_03"
Warning: No material on node "polygon3_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_04"
Warning: No material on node "polygon9_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_05"
Warning: No material on node "polygon11_"
Warning: No material on node "polygon17_"
Warning: No material on node "default_07"
Warning: No material on node "polygon4_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_08"
Warning: No material on node "polygon5_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_09"
Warning: No material on node "polygon15_"
Warning: No material on node "polygon14_"
Warning: No material on node "default_11"
Warning: No material on node "polygon16_"
Warning: No material on node "default_12"
Warning: No material on node "polygon13_"
Warning: No material on node "default_13"
Warning: No material on node "polygon2_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_14"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass01_"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "cliff1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower01"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_d"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "slope1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "fence_b1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower2"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_g"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_u"
Warning: The number of matrices for displaying this model is over 31. 193

VERGUNDAI

Years
The tileset number isn't something that depends on the amount of files in a NARC, like trainers or maps, but on an internal value hardcoded in the game's code. I haven't been able to find it yet, that's why the feature doesn't work.

However, I have great news for you. DPPt scripts are done 100%, and now I'm fighting a bit with HGSS'. Even if they are all games of the same generation, many commands change between versions, so I've been forced to two separate parsers. I'd say HGSS scripts are 60%, but I can't confirm it, because sometimes fixing a command breaks a working one. It's really hard to get everything working properly.

That's true, but hey keep up the goodwork!

I hate this error XD

Code:
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass01_"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "cliff1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower01"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_d"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "slope1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "fence_b1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower2"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_g"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_u"

Umm... are you using 3DS Max 6?

Last edited:

VERGUNDAI

Years
I'm using 3DS Max 8 :S
I've done the model in blender from scratch and then I textured it in Blender.

If your using the tools from PlatinumLucario's torrent then there is a Nitro plugin for Photoshop which can turn the textures on your model into 16 colors nitro form. ( this will help some of the other warnings.)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I hate this error XD

Code:
The Warning message pretty much tells you what is wrong. It's simply because the materials on the objects is not set to NITRO Standard, it must be set to NITRO Standard in order to work. ;)

To change it, click the Materials button, click where it says "Standard" and in the list you should find "NITRO Standard", select that and then after that... select Bitmap and use the picture you'd like to use to assign to the Material. Make sure that the Show Materials button is selected so you can see it.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I'm getting the same error as tajaros
Im using xp also.

The tool itself opens.
Then I click open
go to my rom and it says the error tajaros got and it closes itself
Its not just one but it happens to hg,ss,pt,d,p

Platinum Lucario

Years
I'm getting the same error as tajaros
Im using xp also.

The tool itself opens.
Then I click open
go to my rom and it says the error tajaros got and it closes itself
Its not just one but it happens to hg,ss,pt,d,p

This is simply because you haven't got the .NET Framework installed. You need to install every version of .NET Framework prior to 4.0 then install .NET Framework 4.0, otherwise the application won't open at all. ;)

You can download the .NET Framework versions from the Microsoft website.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Any word on a release date with the script editor Spiky? Been eagerly watching this thread as I've been looking forward to proper script editing in HG/SS for ever.

Also, will this map editor be like Gen 3, where you can make new areas just by placing tiles, or do all new maps have to be made in a 3d model editor?

Platinum Lucario

Years
Also, will this map editor be like Gen 3, where you can make new areas just by placing tiles, or do all new maps have to be made in a 3d model editor?

Well, to put it mildly... the only thing that works in the same way as Generation III is the movement permissions, where they have square-by-square movement, as for maps... you have to create the maps through an object editing program, I'd recommend using 3ds Max 6, 7 or 8 with the Nitro plugin, or even Maya 7 with the Nitro plugin for Maya 7. 'Cause you see... the game uses 3D models, unlike the games on the GBA where they just used only parts of textures to create maps.

Back