• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
that weird little electric-ground fisk thing. i mean, What the frick is that? it is fairly useless TBF...

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Snivy = Good defenses and speed, terrible offenses and HP.

I guess you never used the incredible move that was "Coil"? It was easy enough to take down most of the Elite four when it is around level 63-ish because of that move. Leech Seed, Coil a couple times, and then sweep the entire team!

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I was highly disappointed by the Snivy line, not only because it is the suckiest starter I have ever encountered, but also because I had high hopes. I always usually start with the grass starters (except Turtwig) and just look at Snivy's face! It knows it's going to kick your ass!

I was also disappointed by the Klink line and the Zebra line. Who said Galvantula? That thing never let me down haha.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I was thinking about leaving a spot free for Heatmor, but I looked it up and well, I wasn't impressed by what I saw, its another useless Pokemon, I like the design though.

Years
I guess you never used the incredible move that was "Coil"? It was easy enough to take down most of the Elite four when it is around level 63-ish because of that move. Leech Seed, Coil a couple times, and then sweep the entire team!

I tested all 3 starters (after trading Snivy and Tepig from my brother's White) and with my eventual Serperior I tried the Coil strategy but it took time to set up which was a bit hard.

I found Emboar and Samurott easier cos they hit hard without needing a boost. This could be because I'm an all-out offensive battler so I usually don't waste time setting up.

Last edited:

Volcoronawing649

New Recruit
Years
Trubbish, Klink , Woobat, Vanilluxe, and Maractus (because we already HAVE a cactus Pokemon, and his name is Cacnea) Either then these 5 Pokemon, the generation 5 Pokemon are quite awesome, especially Volcarona_______________________________________________________________________

Volcarona FTW! Oh, and Larvesta, he is cool too...

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Cinccino: Relies on putting its opponent to sleep and/or attracting it, and multi-hit moves.
Eelektross: Nice in theory but still faints like anything else; can't really exploit its ability by being defensive.
Swoobat and Garbodor both look as bad as they are to me, so I wasn't disappointed with them, I could already tell.

Archeops is a beast though, don't let anyone tell ye otherwise because there is no ability — it's either at full HP or fainted after taking one hit.

Years
Cinccino: Relies on putting its opponent to sleep and/or attracting it, and multi-hit moves.
Eelektross: Nice in theory but still faints like anything else; can't really exploit its ability by being defensive.
Swoobat and Garbodor both look as bad as they are to me, so I wasn't disappointed with them, I could already tell.

Archeops is a beast though, don't let anyone tell ye otherwise because there is no ability — it's either at full HP or fainted after taking one hit.

I didn't find Eelektross, Cinccino or Archeops disappointing, I tried all 3 and I was satisfied.

I agree on Swoobat and Garbodor, they have terrible stats and are seriously lacking in good moves.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
It's been said so many times, but...

Purrloin/Liepard
This one was at level 26 and got knocked out by a wild Pokemon half it's level. Into the box it went.

Audino
Adorable as hell, but, it's kinda made just for support. You know it's bad when Giga Impact has no real impact. Sill went to the E4 with it, though.

Blitzle/Zebstrika
If you lasted more than 3 turns with this guy, it was pure luck. Went to the E4 with this one too. Slepnir should of been named Kamakaze though.

Tepig line
Just for the looks. And did we really need another Fire/Fighting?

And, I guess I'm one of the strange ones, but, I liked the Snivy line. And Trubbish/Garbadour. Maybe because I've always had a soft spot for Grassies, and derpiness. :D

Zebstrika if trained right, Can be a true powerhouse, 3 turns Is not luck, it would be called SKILL. Liepard miteaswell be calle retard, i agree it had no use, Audino were always just training material to me, never caught one.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Zebstrika if trained right, Can be a true powerhouse, 3 turns Is not luck, it would be called SKILL. Liepard miteaswell be calle retard, i agree it had no use, Audino were always just training material to me, never caught one.

Skill/luck, potato/potahto. Whatever. It was still a huge letdown for me.

You shouldnt have to do anything crazy to make a Pokemon work, is all I'm saying. A good Pokemon is as such without breeding, special training and whatnot. Most Zebstrika movesets I saw when I was doing my first playthrough suggested doing just that.

Years
hey

Hello everybody,

My biggest disappointment in the 5th gen of Poke'mon was "Reuniclus" When I first saw him i was stoked because he looked so cool .and he was a 3 evolution so I kinda had high hopes when it came to battling. I know Its right there in the stats. but he was so slow that I had to dump him. What is the use of a strong poke'mon if they don't even get the chance to attack. or just waite tons of HP every battle waiting to attack . idk.

that was a pretty big let down because i really wanted him to back up my team.

also. a big let down was "Seismitoad" i know i should have been used to the whole water+ground being extra weak to grass. but it just wasnt that good to have on my team. overall in the game and battling with friends. it was just an obvious flaw that made him hard to use. and i did like the design alot so it was hard to let him go.

anyways two poke'mon that i really liked and used well were: Vaniluxe (Sillycone) and Candelure (Candleheart) both of which supported my team in a big way.

peace out.

Years
I would have to be Trubbish & Garbodor. I think they look blooming horrible and more like they were thrown together quickly rather than anything.​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Liepard's defense was atrocious. I mean, it had a nice speed, cool design, cute cry, decent attack, and then came its defense.
My least favorite are Zorua and Zoarark, though. Design, ability, movepool, everything about them disappoints me.

Most of the other Pokemon I enjoy fully, though. Except for Klink and its evolutions. While I love it to death and want to hug every one I come across, their movepool needs some serious redesigning. That, or their stats. Like maybe they could have a high special attack and a decent physical attack, instead. That or learn better physical moves.

Years
I would have to be Trubbish & Garbodor. I think they look blooming horrible and more like they were thrown together quickly rather than anything.​

Yeah, I hated those things. Their movepool totally sucked cos they are Physical attackers and learn mainly Special moves.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Stunfisk. It lives in water and it's not even a Water type. I find this disappointing to be honest.

Dratini lived in water and wasn't a water type. Stunfisk was a cool little twist. I found it pretty decent for a short while in game.

I was a little disappointed in Deino honestly. For a Psuedo Legendary Pokemon of a Type Combination that has been wanted for a long while now, I found it lacked in poswer compared to Axew's line when I got to use them.

Back