• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Money can't buy happiness."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Money can't buy happiness, but lack of money can make one unhappy. As long as you have enough to survive and entertain yourself (simple pleasures, not the dick that needs 3 holidays a year) then it shouldn't really be necessary. Of course some people's personalities clash with this.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure more comfortable to cry in a limousine.
hahaha I love this

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
By the numbers, Drs. Angus Deaton and Daniel Kahneman of Princeton University think they know the answer to the question of what happiness is. Particularly, the physician duo investigated replies to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index (GHWBI) questionnaire. They found that United States homes with a normal salary of at least $75,000 scored highest for emotional well-being. Source for this article: People are happiest at $75,000 per year, says study

These people might be experts on their profession but I guess we are more expert on what we really feel. Happiness is a deep meaning and you can never bought it on store.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
sure it can!

say you were a starving child in calcutta and angelina jolie adopted you... you'd be pretty stoked once you got over being half dead (:

or think about how great it feels when you've bought your mom something she's always wanted, or if you could finally afford to go on a honeymoon with your prince charming.

but if you're talking about constantly being in a state of high energy and optimism, CONSTANTLY being in that state, then no. it buys happiness with expiry dates. just the way life goes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Happiness is an emotion, and money cannot directly buy an emotion.

However, money can be used to buy objects which may cause a person to feel the emotion of happiness.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
Years
Maybe, maybe not.

If you are a selfish person who wants to control everything in the world, then money will buy you happiness.
Quite.gif

If I had more money I would be more happy then I am right now.
hmpf.gif

Years
Money doesn't buy happiness. No amount of money will bring back lost relatives, or get rid of your relative's illnesses. It's fleeting and temporary.

Years
I won't accept if money can buy a happiness. We need money for our life. We are luck for having a lot of money since peoples in outside there doesn't luck like us. If we got a lot of money, I recommended to giving it to peoples who really need it. It make a peoples who receive it feel happy. Not only that, you should be happy too because you have just share a happiness right? :D
Share money=happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back