• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
this looks awsome keep up the good work

i can't wait to have a go at this game
how is the progress coming?

Thank you I'm glad you like it ;)
Welcome to PC by the way.

Progress is coming along pretty well, just trying to find Ideas That feel comfortable lol

it says it in his sig ;)

too short

lol Or It did, Sigs had a bit of a change I'll make a new update screen soon for my sig so you can see a better percentage of what's been done and where the update stands since I've added alot of new things to the update.

At one point I found that thread that Yuoaman made asking why all the DS systems were popping up, "The reason I wanted to use a Dual screen system was for the sake of keeping up with Nintendo/Gamefreak, but once I started hearing other opinions on it I thought...even though I'm using something that's really creative, It's not MY creativeness that's going into it really. So I thought, why not take those opinions into consideration and try to do something a bit different. Of course since this Idea has been used by a few others, it's not a totally new concept, but at least I can show that I can be creative enough to compete with Nintendo even If I'm not using some of their Ideas. I do hope you'll give me as honest crit as you all can and help me improve the new screen system for Carbon a bit more.

91i39f.jpg
dxxy6h.jpg

Explanation of Screenshots:
Pic 1&2: As you can see, Carbon's Screen size is alot bigger, but at the same time It's not. Lol Are you confused by what I'm saying? I'll explain...Carbon's New screen size as a whole is 640x560, but the main part in which gameplay will be seen is the DS screen size. I thought this was a good Idea because It gives Gameplay a bit of a new design but at the same time keeps Nintendo's Screen size. Also the Textbox has been fixed. It now has the arrow on the side and no longer moves with the text.

The Part where you can see the menu will be touchable however...or click-able If that's how you prefer the term lol, and will change in certain instances, like for instance When in battle It will display a NEW battle system that you can either touch or use arrow keys for.I'm also thinking of having the background change color depending on time of Day, but that all depends on what you all think about that Idea.

The Blue part on the upper right will list objectives and objectives met as well as a few other Ideas that pop into mind that seem like They'd help the player.

On a more Tile/Graphics related not. As many of you know I've been using Kyledoves tiles, but they're getting a bit to much of an overuse, so I decided to use and rip Tiles from D/P/PL as well as HG/SS and leave them like they are...well excluding the minor edits that are needed for all rips.

And Finally I'd like to say that recently I was asked to Join Calis Projects with Neo-Dragon and alot of other Great people. As you can see in my sig, I've done so. I'm really happy about the Idea and hope you'll support Calis projects and it's games further as it progresses.

I'm going to try to post a new screen each Friday or saturday as well.
I'm sorry for my comment being so long, but thanks for reading it. All comments and crit are appreciated as always ;)​

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Excellent work! I'm glad to see that this project is going on smoothly! Congrats!

Are there any Support Banners? I would gladly put one in my signature.

Look forward to the weekend for a screenie.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I really like the look that you achieved by utilizing a larger screen, it is reminiscent of Nintendo's designs, but has a lot of your own flair.

To put in in layman's terms: I likez.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
You took the advice of what I said in the "Why all the dual screens" thread and ran with it.
I respect and admire that you are able to listen to advice given - it's something not many do around here.

For that, it's a welcome addition you have you aboard the Calis Projects label.
Your work belongs with us.

Great job.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Really neat update =], as ND said, you managed to not fall in this dual screen fad. Btw, as soon as I have more time, I can help you with the char in the center of the screen problem.

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
I like the new system. It sets this game apart from all the others using the dual screen sytle. Also, I like the tiles, I've noticed that only one or two games currently have a grass autotile, I think that yours is the best of them.

gsorby

Pokémon Spiritanium Creator
Years
Not too bad...I think it needs....a little improving.

Oh yeah and how did you draw those characters?

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Excellent work! I'm glad to see that this project is going on smoothly! Congrats!

Are there any Support Banners? I would gladly put one in my signature.

Look forward to the weekend for a screenie.

Thank you I'm glad you like it so far. I actually did have a few Support banners, they're in my Albums on my profile.

I really like the look that you achieved by utilizing a larger screen, it is reminiscent of Nintendo's designs, but has a lot of your own flair.

To put in in layman's terms: I likez.

Thanks alot Yuoa : D I'm glad you like it.

You took the advice of what I said in the "Why all the dual screens" thread and ran with it.
I respect and admire that you are able to listen to advice given - it's something not many do around here.

For that, it's a welcome addition you have you aboard the Calis Projects label.
Your work belongs with us.

Great job.

Thanks alot Neo, It's good to hear and I'm glad to be on the team.

Very nice FMP,
But, I'm not liking the way the player is not in the center of the screen.

lol Thaks RG...Now Saidai No Soba-Ya...0_o Mind if I just keep RG? XD
Oh the center issue has been fixed lol.

Really neat update =], as ND said, you managed to not fall in this dual screen fad. Btw, as soon as I have more time, I can help you with the char in the center of the screen problem.

XD Thanks JV. No worries about the Center issue, I fixed it, thanks for the offer however.

I like the new system. It sets this game apart from all the others using the dual screen sytle. Also, I like the tiles, I've noticed that only one or two games currently have a grass autotile, I think that yours is the best of them.

Thanks Pika Storm I'm glad it looks alright lol. The Grass tile is compliments of someone on DA ;)

Not too bad...I think it needs....a little improving.

Oh yeah and how did you draw those characters?

Thanks, I think? lol, what do you think needs improving?

I drew them up on paper, scanned them onto my comp, then colored them in using a process of my own on Photoshop using layers.

Sorry I didn't post an update picture like I had said I would this Friday or Saturday. I unfortunately caught the Flu on Thrusday and was out until late Saturday. 30% of my school is out because of it and there's over 2,000 of us in there XD

Anyway I do have a few screens of the FINAL titlescreen for Carbon...I mean Final this time too...The last one just felt a bit too bland so this one should blow away the blandness quite well.

2rcba7o.png

The pics follow from left to right top to bottom. The reason why there's question marks for the 3rd one was because I wasn't quick enough to catch a picture of the flash lol. It was supposed to be a bright yellow flash behind the silhouette of the legendary, almost like lightning, but as I said, I wasn't nearly quick enough to catch it. I'll show a full demo of the Titlescreen later on in Vid format so you can get a full understanding as to why the Titlescreen is much less bland. I also made a new logo similar to HG/SS. A full version's down below.

11t4y0l.png

lol my words weren't as full or informative as they should have been, but hopefully you'll be able to grasp the Idea of the New titlescreen based on the pictures and information I gave, and as always Comments and crit is always appreciated.​

Last edited:

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
Years
This is by far my favorite fan game.
The new use of the click-able menu is far more creative than any dual screen script.
The graphics are wonderful, just as the intro screen.
Hope you'll keep up the work......

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Thank you I'm glad you like it so far. I actually did have a few Support banners, they're in my Albums on my profile.

OK. I'll go put one in. This has great potential, and I hope for the best.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
great title screen it looks cool i like the idea of lightning :)

~kian

Thank you very Much Kian lol. I thought the lightning was a good touch too.

This is by far my favorite fan game.
The new use of the click-able menu is far more creative than any dual screen script.
The graphics are wonderful, just as the intro screen.
Hope you'll keep up the work......

Thanks for the great motivation I'm glad you like it, and don't worry I will ;)

OK. I'll go put one in. This has great potential, and I hope for the best.

Ha ha Thanks I'm glad you think so. I'll probably be making a new banner anyway so don't worry for now, but thanks for the support lol.

Sounds good! I loved the badge video.

Thank you lol I'm thinking about making a set of real badges as opposed to badge cards but I want to know what everyone thinks about that first.

This game is so cool. I want to play it...
=P

Thank you very much, welcome to PC BTW.

I'm Really late on the screen but none the less here they are.
25807b9.jpg
33ljx9x.jpg

Explanation of the screens: Well first off, the first screen is the Pokemon Selection event you get to go through in Giltine town. I pretty much wanted to just show that the Arrow has been fixed and the new Pokecapsule that Prof. Mai is below.

For the Second Screen I thought I'd display a bit of Bailey city since I'm sure everyone's getting tired of seeing Giltine Town and Eshou forest lol. The tiles are rips of HG/SS(Mine) and D/P/PL(Firetears). I've moved the building with no door down a bit more so that the player can have the liberty of the street and see where they're going and I'll be fixing the colors of the streets tiles that resemble blocks to match the rest of the City later on toady lol. I was debating on whether I should release a new Tileset for the rips but I'm still un decided on that. I'll consider it a bit further as Carbon's Big update draws closer.

As always I'd love to hear comments and crit is always welcome. ;)​

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
The game turned out to be so unique. I'm impressed.
Good idea on using extra frame instead of dual screen. Good job!

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2009
This game looks like it's going to be very good! I really like the main characters, especially Coal (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back