• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What did 2012 teach you?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm not talking about in school or whatever here, but actually a lesson in life. What's 2012 taught you in one way or another?

For me, it'd be to remember to not be too uptight. I've always been a pretty relaxed person but living with some of the people I live with after starting uni, I've reallllly learned that you're gonna be a hard to tolerate person if you're too uptight about the little things - and I'm so glad I'm not one of them. You just come across as boring and stressed and no-one really wants to be around you. I'd say that this is most important when living with a housemate or housemates tho and I imagine it sorts itself over time but yeah. What I've learned (or rather, reinforced the belief of) is to never be too uptight. It just irritates the people you live with.

How about you?!

Years
For me it's to try and be less selfish and to try and be more respectful or understanding of different people's points of view and such. I mean yeah I am right about things most of the time but not ALL of the time.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
To stop being an idiot.

To ignore negative things that I can't control, anyway, and enjoy living while I can.

Sir Codin

Not everything in the world is as black and white as you sometimes believe it to be.

Also, don't let guilt and stress control you.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The world is a horrible place, nobody is actually decent and honest anymore, and if you don't claw your way to success you WILL fall into oblivion.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
That I should not be so worried about everything and just assume that the worst thing will happen and that things do work out.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Touch base with those you love often. You'll never when they'll be gone.
Also, if you don't open up to people about something big, no one will ever know about it; seems obvious but yeah.

Guy

just a guy
Years
That monkeys who shop at IKEA have a better taste in jackets than me. Haha.

No, but seriously, at the end of the year 2012 slapped me in the face and said, "Yo, get your lazy butt up and go do something! Anything! Just stop sitting around like the world is waiting for you."

I had a moment of reflection at the end of the year and realized how sad of a year it was for me. Not that anything bad happened, but that I didn't do anything productive or worthy of remembering. After that, I made a promise I wasn't going to let that happen again. So if 2012 taught me anything, it was that.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Looking back on 2012 It taught me to be tougher and to socialize more. By the end of this year I'm hoping to improve on both of them.

droomph

weeb
Years
Realize the unreal.

Make people need you.

You're the decider of the truth.

Nothing matters until you make it matter.

Choose your battles.

Life's a joke, and we're the punchline. Make yourself surprising, make yourself a strong one, and one that people will remember.

Fantasies are realities without the reality.

Escape to your fantasies every once in a while - don't be stubborn in your reality, you're just annoying yourself by doing that.

The middle is the best.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Be a better Christian, I suppose.
And as usual, if you don't agree with my POV, don't quote, reply, etc. to me, don't want a flame war xD

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
For me. I should start taking more responsibility. Think more about my future. Try to study atleast little. And to remenber that the end of the world isnt coming when expected. ;)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I've learned how to tell the difference between manipulation and help, and how having an open ended approach to life as opposed to a rigid "THIS IS HOW YOU ARE" approach is much better.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've learned that I need to get out of here. Not PC, but the town where I live IRL. I'm never going to be able to move forward and improve my life as long as I'm stuck in a small, dying town with so few possibilities. I need to get myself somewhere where I can actually live.

Back