• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
This reminds me that I still have to finish RNG'ing that Victini. I haven't touched my White version since March...

Years
Added a Digimon theme to the Dream Themes, and did it with some smashing fonts so if Sydian ever sees it his eyes will melt out of his skull -it's a trap-

In this challenge you pick your crest and deal with the limitations that come with it, a lot of color and type requirements some even have sprite and height requirements

Also I'm still working on my Save the Pokemon even though the deadline has come and gone because I need to beat Sapphire so I can take those Pokemon to the Pokepark

I just now got my 7th badge. I'm gangsta.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Maybe there should be a "You must be this tall to challenge" challenge. Simply put, you measure yourself, and if you're shorter than 2 meters tall, you can't participate in the challenge.
Jokes aside, but I think it could be a decent challenge. You're given a number, and you're only allowed to use Pokemon who are taller, or shorter, or averaged around that height or something. :P

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
This thread almost hit 2,000 posts =). I was around on the 1,000th point, and that was back in Oct.-Nov. I think. Wow. :O

In other words... I can't get to challenges. Yet. 2 more exams, Final Fantasy IV, and naps. And then I'll finish my stupid Platinum Favorite (which I started in, uhhh, October. And I still didn't beat Wake, I think).

This post made me remember about how much I suck. D:

PS : I have almost 2,000 posts as well. :-D Finally some good news.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Hi, happy birthday, Im back to... mostly talk with you, because in not challenging much with my Minecraft, PMD-Time playthrough and the RP corner taking my time.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I went to the RP corner once, and I didn't like it at all. There's so many tl;dr posts there. I might give it a go again if I don't have to write essays all the time. As for minecraft, as soon as I get a better graphics card, I'll play it more. :) And challenges, are postponed for now, but I'll most likely be taking up my Solo and Nuzlocke again when I start taking them again. Body can wait it's turn. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Happy Birthday to the challenges area, One of the best places on PC :)

Thanks, person that randomly posts a challenge idea and disappears from here for about two months! lol

Masuda method and speech class are distracting me. The only PC challenge I'm doing is my favorite challenge, and even then it's boring me, cause I just don't wanna grind. Curse me for having weak favorites. D; That in mind though 560, you don't have to finish your favorite challenge, since that's on Platinum. The favorite challenge is BW only now. :x

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Just 4 more daaaaaays. Then I can do challenges all day! lol
I feel kind of accomplished today. Did quite a few solos this weekend. I'm up to 25/151 now. :D That, and I decided to try my hand at doing all of the Ultimate Monotype Challenges too. Needless to say, I'm going to be quite busy during the summer, challenge-wise.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Might make this real. It's just another Nuzlocke. Documenting this here.
  1. Set the battle mode on Set (you cannot switch after you defeat an enemy).
  2. Do not capture any Pokemon if you do not have an empty slot in your team.
  3. Defeat all legendaries. That's right. Defeat them.
  4. Capture only one Pokemon per route / area. This Pokemon must be the first one encountered, even if you already have it. If you fail to capture it, you cannot capture anymore Pokemon in that area.
  5. Nickname all captured Pokemon.
  6. No deleting HMs. Ever.
  7. Do not use items other than X-items and assorted Poke Balls. Heal Balls are okay.
  8. To heal, you must use the Pokemon Center. Follow these steps:
    • Before healing, count the number of injured Pokemon (Pokemon that are not at max HP, even if it's just 1 damage; Pokemon that have a harmful status).
    • Purchase items from the PokeMart equal to the number of injured Pokemon:
      • 0 Badges: Free
      • 1 Badge: Buy Potions
      • 3 Badges: Buy Super Potions
      • 5 Badges: Buy Hyper Potions
      • 7 Badges: Buy Max Potions
      • 8 Badges: Buy Full Restores
    • Do not under any circumstances use these potions.
    • If you don't have enough money, suck it up and get some.
  9. Do not ever use a Nurse / Doctor NPC to heal more than once. Do not use the optional lodgings.
  10. Only box a Pokemon that is fully healed. If it isn't, then consider it dead. Release it. If healing is too expensive, you can kill off your Pokemon to cheapen the cost for the rest of your party.
  11. If a Pokemon faints, it dies. Release it.
  12. All Pokemon faint? Game over. Restart.

X8D

Oh My gawd!
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011
it's not really a different challenge than Nuzlocke,just a xtremer version

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
No one said it was any different to a Nuzlocke challenge. All he said was that those are the rules he wanted to follow, with the main, and optional rules, which I think is a good reference for when he decides to take it in the future.

Although when I started my Nuzlocke, I read one of the rules as you're only allowed to catch one Pokemon in every area, not the first one you see. Since that's what the rule said in the thread, I'm sticking to it.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Yay for me passing English with a 12 at my exam today :D

Danish grades system (obviously from bad to good :D): -3, 00, 02, 4, 7, 10, 12
(Zero and minus in front imply that the grade sucks :P)

Last edited:

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
Years
@jespoke: Gratz on your grade. I'm from Denmark as well so I know the grades ;)

On an other note I'm getting tired of people not updating in the Scambled challenge :tired: since I don't want to double post to tell that I finished it.

Zeus2398

God
Years
@Jespoke well done, you did well even if I don't know the grades.

@Darksualc just edit to say your finished :P, but make it noticeable.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Hiya guys, finally back! School's over, I'm working now, but I still have some free time.
And, I'm back with a purpose for a new challenge!

The Underestimate's Challenge

This challenge gives you the possibility to use Pokèmon that are underestimated, to say, Dunsparce, Shuckle, and similar. Obviously you can use your common sense to choose the ones to use, just avoid using things like Charizard, Mewtwo and others.
Maybe I'll provide a list made by myself of all the Pokèmon to choose, then it's your choice (if you like), or you can still have an inspiration from that, and then add some personal choices, out of the list.
So here are the rules!

1. You can use only Pokèmon that are, like the title says, underestimated. (List under the rules, if it will be)
2. Obviously, no Legendaries. You can still catch them, if you like.
3. Hacking is allowed before you get your second Gym Badge.
4. Egg trading is allowed.
5. HM Slaves are also allowed.
6. You defeat the game according the following conditions:
- R/B/Y/G/S/C/Ru/Sa/E/D/P/B/W: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion.
- FR/LG/Pt: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice.
- HG/SS: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice, and also Red.
- Colosseum/XD: Finish the main story (Someone help me with this, just to point the
finishing line).

What do you say?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds good to me. I might try it...lmao my lazy arse might try it. Like that means anything. :(

- Colosseum/XD: Finish the main story (Someone help me with this, just to point the
finishing line).

So for Colosseum...you can use...practically anything! -shot-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back