• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
can you guys help me out at my white2 iam trying to set my parameters at the leatest ver of rng reporter and iam getting no results btw in stetteng parameters does the moving npcs matter or not just making sure
thx in advance
Moving npcs will not matter. For the results, you may check if you fill in everything right such as Mac address...

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Hmmm, time to try once more before seeking out help. I'll let you know how it goes!

Years
I need help figuring out my SSF [shifted starting frame] in order to successfully RNG the roamer in Black1.

Can anyone give some pointers? So far, I have a list of possible SSFs, with various results, along with Chatot advancements of 10-50.

I... am almost desperate for this, I've been going at this for a whole week now.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
sorry to be another noob but IV breeding naturally is frustrating me and someone directed me here
3 questions to try and keep it simple I still reading through the 4th gen guide :/
1. Is it easier to RNG in DPPT or HGSS
2. Is it easier to RNG eggs or wild pokes
3.there are requirements for SS near the start
all three roamers released and NOT caught ( I caught suicune :( )
and I don't know my SID but the good news is I havent caught the red gyarados
Does the fact that I caught suicune matter because I don't want to star a new game? after that I think I can meet all the requirements easily I just have to trade over someone with pokerus from another game and I should be good to go so some feedback would be appreciated as I literally just found out what RNG abuse was like 10minutes ago :L

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I got this inspiration to RNG while I was in the car on the way home tonight. A girl from my old high school passed away from a seizure at school this past Monday, and she was a friend of my sister. It's not much, but I wanted to RNG a Pokemon in honor of her (something purple) but I can't think of anything cute and purple for her, lol. :( I was thinking about Skitty/Delcatty but idk. Then I thought about Espeon since it's purple and I think the name Izamar would fit an Espy rather well. But idk. Just posting this here cause this will likely be my first project as soon as I can RNG again. I might be able to do this though cause I have plenty of flawless Eevee(lutions) on my Black and a flawless Ditto, so I wouldn't need to download a parent.

But I'd have to drag out my PC for that. So, anyone here a Mac user and use the Mac equivalent to RNG Reporter? Is it much different? More or less confusing? Is it updated for B2W2 at this point? Cause you know, I'm tired of having to drag out the PC for stuff cause it's big and noisy and dual-computing sucks, lol. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
and I don't know my SID

These are the only two points I can personally help you on, maybe someone else will help you with the rest...

I have only ever RNG eggs or wild Pokes in DPPT. It's not easy... well it is easy, but hitting your delay take practice. When I first started I was looking for shiny eggs first, that's acctually not hard. It's going for IV's that takes the most patience.

I found both eggs and wild encounters to be just as easy. You need an area with no wandering NPC's to do wild encounters, which is difficult. My favorite place to RNG wild pokemon is the trophy garden, because I like cute Pokemon.

Your SID is so easy to get on your own now. Just go to www.pokecheck.org. Follow the directions there on how to edit your DS settings. Connect to their fake GTS server(from within the game, just go to the GTS like normal, but the DS will really connect to Pokecheck), and send over any random pokemon (you won't lose the poke, but if you are nervouse the first time send something like a level 1 Pidgey or Caterpie). You can then view all the stats of your Pokemon, including IV's, EV's, etc... and more importantly for your immeadiate purpose, your SID will be displayed. Pokecheck is awsome for breeding, not just RNG breeding, but the traditional breeding because you can verify the correct IV's of the parent Pokemon before you drop them off at the day care.

Hope I helped.

--Ringo

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
sorry to be another noob but IV breeding naturally is frustrating me and someone directed me here
3 questions to try and keep it simple I still reading through the 4th gen guide :/
3.there are requirements for SS near the start
all three roamers released and NOT caught ( I caught suicune :( )
and I don't know my SID but the good news is I havent caught the red gyarados
Does the fact that I caught suicune matter because I don't want to star a new game? after that I think I can meet all the requirements easily I just have to trade over someone with pokerus from another game and I should be good to go so some feedback would be appreciated as I literally just found out what RNG abuse was like 10minutes ago :L
1. It is easier to RNG in HGSS, especially for RNGing eggs since there are not a lot of npcs (about 2 if I am correct).
2. I would say eggs. For eggs, you can RNG in any combination of TID/SID and you can get your baby mons to learn egg moves. For wild mons, if you want it to be shiny and has a flawless IVs, you will need to RNG your TID/SID, start a new game and play it through again which will take you a lot of time.
3. Suicune is a stationary pokemon, not a roamer so it would not matter if you caught it already. The only down side is that you cannot RNG the IVs of that Suicune. The three roamers the guide you read mention are Entei, Raikou, and Latios/Latias. For the SID, I would go with RingoH's answer from previous post.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Sydian: Get an Aipom, it's purple as well. Lots of cool poison Pokemon are purple as well.
PPRNG is very similar to Reporter and actually, it's more up to date than RNG Reporter. Vaporeon7 is a mac user, so ask him for help :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Hey guys, just RNG'd my first shiny ever today! A shiny Bagon hatched on my Platinum. I was wondering how it would be to take the next step to RNG for perfect (or near perfect) pokemon. What would be easier, wild or egg? I don't have many pokemon with good IV's to start with and I'm confined to my Platinum (and all other 4th gen games) until I find some guides on BW2 since my original White is M.I.A.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sydian: Get an Aipom, it's purple as well. Lots of cool poison Pokemon are purple as well.

Well, Aipom is reserved for someone else. XD I've still yet to RNG an Aipom for Klippy. It's his favorite Pokemon. Plus Izamar doesn't seem like an Aipom name. :P Poison doesn't seem like it'd work either. I do think Eevee/Espeon would be the best option here. It's nice and pretty and represents the name well I think.

I might as well just go ahead and download it then and figure it out for myself, lol.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi guys, could I get a clearification about what RNG is? I've heard it's a way to obtain shinies easier and I'm interested in shiny-hunting. Does this method involve trading or something? Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Can someone see if my step of rng abuse TID/SID is wrong or correct?

1) First done calibration with offset of 1 sec.
2)Found a seed, For example 322A580A340D8469
3)Found the initial for shiny frame 55
4)Go to pandora box, paste 322A580A340D8469 and 55 and search.
5)A list of seed came out, Take one seed(1) with a high frame with starter truth. Date 3/28/11 Time 08/36/30
6)Hit the seed, Found the TID, and press seed hit, found a seed(2) frame higher then the initial frame.

So now for example i target frame 30 inital frame 20. I need to advance 10steps to get the ID. But which ID will i get? The seed(1) or seed(2) and which seed i have to hit to get my ID/SID, Seed(1) or Seed(2)?

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Can someone see if my step of rng abuse TID/SID is wrong or correct?

1) First done calibration with offset of 1 sec.
2)Found a seed, For example 322A580A340D8469
3)Found the initial for shiny frame 55
4)Go to pandora box, paste 322A580A340D8469 and 55 and search.
5)A list of seed came out, Take one seed(1) with a high frame with starter truth. Date 3/28/11 Time 08/36/30
6)Hit the seed, Found the TID, and press seed hit, found a seed(2) frame higher then the initial frame.

So now for example i target frame 30 inital frame 20. I need to advance 10steps to get the ID. But which ID will i get? The seed(1) or seed(2) and which seed i have to hit to get my ID/SID, Seed(1) or Seed(2)?

Your steps are correct and Seed(1) should be the ID you have to hit, not the Seed(2).

Hi guys, could I get a clearification about what RNG is? I've heard it's a way to obtain shinies easier and I'm interested in shiny-hunting. Does this method involve trading or something? Thank you!
RNG = Random Number Generator where we use a software to calculate at what time we will get a good pokemon, it does not have to be shiny.
This method does not evolve any trading, you just need the software which is RNG Reporter, your DS, and your game.

Hey guys, just RNG'd my first shiny ever today! A shiny Bagon hatched on my Platinum. I was wondering how it would be to take the next step to RNG for perfect (or near perfect) pokemon. What would be easier, wild or egg? I don't have many pokemon with good IV's to start with and I'm confined to my Platinum (and all other 4th gen games) until I find some guides on BW2 since my original White is M.I.A.
I would say eggs. You can download a pokemon with good IVs on pokecheck and try to RNG breed with it. :)

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
RNG = Random Number Generator where we use a software to calculate at what time we will get a good pokemon, it does not have to be shiny.
This method does not evolve any trading, you just need the software which is RNG Reporter, your DS, and your game.

Looks rather troublesome for me, but thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Looks rather troublesome for me, but thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. :)

It's actually really easy. I always tell people that think it's hard that me of all people learned. I'm probably the most difficult person to teach something to and I learned it and got pretty damn good at it, haha. So I mean, anyone can learn it. It's not really that hard once you get past the annoying stuff, like finding parameters. I mean, the program does all the math for you. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well. You can chain breed. Back in GEN III on my Emerald that's how I bred a nearly perfect Chansey (I also had a one hour commute on a bus each way to work... so I spent a few weeks on this). Also, in Emerald Ditto is so easy to catch. I worked on a collection of Dittos that each had at least one perfect IV (I had at least one Ditto for each stat)...
I then bred a Snubull male, and kept hatching eggs and going to the man who gives you estimates of IV's until he said it had a flawless one. Since each time you ask him if a Pokemon has more than one flawless he would tell you a random one each time, so I would ask him several times if there was one flawless IV to make sure there was not more than one. I repeated until I had a Snubull with two flawless IV's. I did the same with Chansey and a Ditto to get a Chansey with two perfect IV's. I remember I had a Snubull and Chansey both with a perfect HP IV, and one different other perfect stat. Put them in the day care, and kept hatching eggs until I had a Chansey with multiple perfects.

While this kind of breeding is very tedious... you can do a similar process in RNG.

RNG a wild Pokemon with one or more perfect IV's. Then RNG another parent wild Pokemon also with one or more perfect IV's. Put them in the day care and take their IV's into consideration for finding a spread that meets yous needs.

You results will vary depending on how good you are at hitting your delay.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Sooo I had a weekend that for some reason wasn't busy, so I managed to RNG a few Pokemon. Have a look:

Articuno
2.png
(lvl 60)
144.png
007.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Pressure || OT: Gonzo (16161)
IVs: 31/7/31/30/31/30 [HP Water 70]
Agility|Ice Beam|Reflect|Roost

Zapdos
2.png
(lvl 60)
145.png
011.png

IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31 [HP Ice 70]
Charge|Agility|Discharge|Roost

Moltres
2.png
(lvl 60)
146.png
014.png

Flamethrower|Safeguard|Air Slash|Roost

Latios ♂
1.png
(lvl 68)
381.png
008.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Levitate || OT: ♠カミラ♠ (0)
IVs: 31/6/31/30/31/30 [HP Fire 70]
Psycho Shift|Dragon Dance|Psychic|Heal Pulse

Uxie
2.png
(lvl 50)
480.png
011.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Levitate || OT: Gonzo (16161)
Swift|Yawn|Future Sight|Amnesia

Mesprit
2.png
(lvl 50)
481.png
009.png

Swift|Lucky Chant|Future Sight|Charm

Azelf
2.png
(lvl 50)
482.png
015.png

Swift|Uproar|Future Sight|Nasty Plot

Heatran ♂
2.png
(lvl 50)
485.png
011.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Flash Fire || OT: Gonzo (16161)
Metal Sound|Crunch|Scary Face|Lava Plume

Cresselia ♀
2.png
(lvl 50)
488.png
007.png

Mist|Aurora Beam|Future Sight|Slash

Cresselia ♀
1.png
(lvl 68)
488.png
007.png

Nature: Modest || Ability: Levitate || OT: ♠カミラ♠ (0)
IVs: 31/6/31/30/31/30 [HP Fire 70]
Future Sight|Slash|Moonlight|Psycho Cut

Virizion
1.png
(lvl 65)
640.png
014.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Justified || OT: ♠カミラ♠ (0)
IVs: 31/6/30/31/30/30 [HP Rock 70]
Sacred Sword|Swords Dance|Quick Guard|Work Up

English Pokemon come from my Platinum, Japanese from Black 2 ;)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nice Pokemon, Gonzo! Glad to see some new people in these parts... I know I've been a bit MIA lately but I've been busy doing... these! I finally got RNGing down in my W2.

007.png
488.png
007.png

Cresselia ♀ Lv. 68
OT: Prim | ID: 7
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Future Sight, Slash, Moonlight, Psycho Cut
Non-Redis

008.png
640.png
008.png

Virizion ♁ Lv. 45
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Justified
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 4, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Helping Hand, Retaliate, Giga Drain, Sacred Sword
Non-Redis

016.png
649.png
016.png

Genesect ♁ Lv. 15
OT: Plasma | ID: 10072
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Download
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Techno Blast, Magnet Bomb, SolarBeam, Signal Beam
Non-Redis

But, that's not the grand prize... I present... the first Dream Radar abused Pokemon on PC!

576.png
645-therian.png
576.png

Landorus ♂ Lv. 40
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Bulldoze, Rock Throw, Extrasensory, Swords Dance
Non-Redis

Landorus! Woot! I am so excited... my coworker's boyfriend hooked me up with the Landy with his 3DS. n.n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back