• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"If you were stuck on an island ─" ... "Ugh, don't ask me that!"

Guy

just a guy
Years
There are always those types of questions that we hate being asked. Whether it's because we've been asked it way too many times, or because it's a type of question you feel uncomfortable answering, or simply because you just don't have an answer. There are always questions that bother us when people ask them.

So, here I ask you to answer my question with a question (or questions). Which sort of question(s) do you hate being asked? Why?

Years
I hate being asked "Are you happy?" or "Happy or mad?" I take care of my baby cousins during the day, and the oldest boy loves to ask those questions, every 2 minutes. I'm not even exaggerating, he actually asks them every two minutes when he gets started on it, even when I answer the question. It gets really annoying really quickly.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I hate being asked "Are you happy?" or "Happy or mad?" I take care of my baby cousins during the day, and the oldest boy loves to ask those questions, every 2 minutes. I'm not even exaggerating, he actually asks them every two minutes when he gets started on it, even when I answer the question. It gets really annoying really quickly.

"Well, hon, if you keep asking me that, then I'm going to be mad. I might eat you when I'm mad." Then just give him a big, innocent smile. |D

But, yeah, there are plenty of questions that I just don't feel like answering, or can't answer. I don't normally feel uncomfortable answering a personal question; it's just that I don't know how I should answer, so I usually just don't.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
"What happened to your ___?"
This mainly only bothers me when a certain person asks me.

"Are you okay?"
Only bothers me if someone offline asks; makes me suspicious and sometimes I have to avoid really answering

Virtually any question asked about my hands bugs me. I:

"Can I see?"
Only when referring to a specific scar on my stomach that seems to interest people. Especially if others are around.

Last edited:

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
"Sooo why are you a girl?"

Because I felt like it. I mean I understand peoples' genuine interest/inquiry but I get tired of explaining why I'm trans all the time.

"What are you majoring in/what's your career path?"

Every holiday, no matter how many times I tell my family, they never remember what I'm doing with my life.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
In the UK people ask "Y'arite?" "Y'awrite mate?" and it kinda bugs me. I grew up with that sort of way it's asked as being like "Did something happen? Are you physically/mentally okay?" instead of the casual "How are you?" even though it's meant to mean the latter. Oh well! Just gotta live with it I guess!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I hate answering follow-up questions like "what do you mean by that?" or "why do you say that?"

It makes me feel like I can't just say something without it being analysed and clarified, and those questions always put me on the spot and I can never think how to answer them.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I hate answering "would you rather" questions...because well... "I would rather neither." I also hate when some of my friends put me in a tight situation by asking personal questions (very personal) in front of a whole group of people. I'll often just 'say none of your business' or 'I don't see how that concerns you.', but people still think I'm a wussy. Paha, oh well.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
"Can you break this 20 for me?" "Can I get cash back?" Nope. For future reference, those who are guilty of these perfectly innocent questions: every retail place I've worked at requires management to unlock the cash drawer. I'm not exactly an atm machine, and these questions always put me in the awkward position of denying a service. Sorry folks.

"What's it like being adopted?" I understand the curiosity, but I get asked this a little too much. It's just like not being adopted, only I've been adopted :I

Years
There's one question that almost everyone asks me on PC.

"Hikari, what's your avatar/sig based on?"

I tend to have unusual forumsets, so I guess it fits. But I do hate having to answer the question so many times when someone asks it, and it's been a recurring question asked to me since around March 2012.

I was once asked "Hikari, are you really a girl?" probably cos I had a male-looking forumset up at the time and they were unsure if my username indicated I was female.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
There's one question that almost everyone asks me on PC.

"Hikari, what's your avatar/sig based on?"

I tend to have unusual forumsets, so I guess it fits. But I do hate having to answer the question so many times when someone asks it, and it's been a recurring question asked to me since around March 2012.

You clearly want people to know you're a fan of whoever that is in your profile theme, so you're basically begging to be asked, even though you refuse to answer when someone asks you who it is. Why not just put who it is in your signature or something?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
What really annoys me is:

" why do you pretend to be an OC of yours ?"

I'll tell you this once okay ?

I pretend to be my OC because I want to make myself seem more interesting as I am not irl.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Friend: What's your favorite Pokemon?
Me: Zangoose, Swampert, Brel-
Friend: You're only allowed to pick one.
Me: Fine, Zangoose.
Friend: Why?
I really hate questions where I have to pick a "favorite", then have to explain why. I usually don't have a favorite, either because I like a whole lot of things, or I just don't give a damn.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
"What are you eating?" when the food's right in front of me for the world to see. My brother had a terrible habit of asking this and he still does when I see him. My personal favorite is when I would eat cereal and the box would be right there, often facing outward so I could read the back.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I used to really hate "did you draw that???" back when I actually drew things. You can see me drawing it. Of course I drew it. I'm drawing it now. >:|

I can't really think of any recent examples, though. I guess I'm not a fan of the "how are you"/"what are you up to" question although I know it's meant to be polite so it doesn't anger me or anything. I just hate answering it because my answer is always "been better but been worse" (or generic "good" if I don't know the person) and I never do much of anything so I'm never actually up to anything interesting... It's just such a pointless question because here, at least, you're supposed to give politely generic answers and no conversation can come from that. :(

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I hate when I get asked "Why are you so quiet?" or "Why are you mad?" Especially since every time I've been asked why I'm mad I wasn't but then it makes me mad. if that makes sense

Quietness, I mean transferring over to a new university, taking on new responsibilities and accepting student loans aren't exactly a joy, are they?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Anything involving *why* I like/dislike something. I don't mind someone asking, "what's your favorite movie?" or "do you like this painting?", but when they ask me why I like that movie or that art, I kind of want to strangle them. I just like it, you know? It strikes my fancy. It's pretty. I didn't think I needed some sort of detailed analysis explanation thing in order to like something.

Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to come up with an answer to that if my life depended on it. Maybe I just don't look into things enough? idk.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Hm, no, I don't really have those questions that I don't like to answer. I answer every question I get. I have nothing to hide.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I answer most questions unless its really really personal asked by someone i don't really know that well.

Back