• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Loki's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
69bc8adf4a.jpg

Hello! Thanks for visiting my gallery- I've decided to remove my art from PC, save for the three signature tags that I made in the course of this gallery which can be found in their respective posts.

Thank all of you for your kind words and support up until now!

edit: So you can still see some of my old art in the quoted posts, so those are still there if you dig around-- and I accidentally deleted one of my tags and I'm too lazy to repost it right now but it's in my signature so you can see it there.

Last edited:
Years
Guuurrrl you need a comment.

Well, I have to say, I really like the characters you've designed! Each one have their own personality and expressions that make them so different. I think the colors in the first two pictures look great!

The very last picture has to be my favorite. I love the design and the details. Something about the design makes Megumi look like an outgoing, fun person. Aha, I also love the outfit, it's very cute!

I wish I could see Megumi in a colored drawing, I'd love to see what colors you'd use. ^..^ Anyway, really nice work! =D​

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Annaaaaaaaa!

Thank you so much for the comment! You're too kind! (/ v \) I'm so glad you like the characters!

Ahh I'll do a colored version of Megumi if I'm accepted to the group she's app'd to-- I honestly only have a vague idea of the colors, so that'll be an adventure in itself LOL!

And probably my last application for the summer, and my third attempt at digital painting after two rather lackluster bust shots:

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
WHAT THE HELL WHY ARE THERE ONLY TWO COMMENTS???

ugh your work is gorgeous ;_; i wish i had the skills to draw humans BUT I DON'T.

and that anatomy

THE ANATOMY

I WANT

you do eyes really well too. everything is just perf aaaa.

Years
Loki, these are wonderful! I'm really in love with your expressions, though your lineart is pretty amazing too. Overall, I really like everything but this one is my absolute favorite~! The pose looks beautiful and you colored the suit wonderfully, ahh.

Definitely going to go stalk your deviantART account now n_n

Your recent update was pretty great too; that softer shading really does enhance the look of the character. I especially adore the coloring of the eyes, though! Great job!!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
My updates here are so incredibly slow I'm sorry ;7;;;

I've drawn quite a few things since my last update, so this'll kind of be a really giant dump. vuv`

-cut-

I hope to work on more dynamic pictures in the future-- perhaps even learn to draw backgrounds properly at last ;7;; Also learning a bit of digital painting rather than just my gross soft-cel-shading style... Hopefully I'll have much better things to show next time I update!

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
wow your artwork is amazing! i love how realistic the characters look. i just love how the poses and the eyes are. the shading is beautiful. cannot wait to see more~

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I need to stop this habit of only updating this gallery once every blue moon LOL

Anyway-- thanks for the comments you guys! *V* And you know Derozio I actually toyed with the idea of making a tag today, but.... I didn't LOL
MAYBE IN THE FUTURE
(You'll get to see how rusty I am)

I'm just going to dump everything into one massive spoiler, so here we go!
Some of this stuff is so old it dates to last year LOL;;

-cut-

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow Loki, I'm very impressed.

It's clear that you're a very strong artist. This galley deserves so much more than I have time to write about it now, but even just your latest update as so much substance and says so much about you as an artist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can also see that you've put more effort into your male faces, haven't you? ;) They look much better than they did when you first posted this gallery.

I think I like this one the most out of your latest. I could easily see this being a wallpaper or something. It's not the most detailed, but I love that minimalistic style. Actually, I like your style in general! xD I love the way you draw faces, but keep traditional anime-ish proportions. I've always been a fan of artists who can seamlessly blend their own style with the western/eastern arts. You're very, very talented Loki.. and I'm almost at a loss for words here.

I do have one... super small critique however..

needs more pokemon!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
OKAY WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN YOU BEFORE. ;_;

You're getting really good at this stuff, and it's showing. Your very smooth colouring, your hair that seems to come naturally, and the sense of style and detail that tells me how much you've been practising and researching. Oh and the character designs, the clothing, gah, that stuff's awesome. It's all up there, like, really high up there. Very pretty stuff!

Now, I really shouldn't be posting this right now because I'm basically in the middle of breakfast and I prrrrrobably ought to be going soon, but you clearly deserve more recognition here (my theory is the modest thread name tbh), and so for now this quick post will suffice. Cheerio!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Alexial: Oh gosh, thank you! You're too kind haha-- I have indeed been working on male faces! My friends are all sticklers on male characters looking like men and not teenaged metrosexuals, so it's a necessity for me. I'm definitely trying to mix the western anime look though, to achieve that end, so I'm super glad you noticed! ;7;

Ahaha, yeahhhh.... I need to draw something pokemon related, but gosh I think I fell out of pokemon nearly 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure I wasn't even into pokemon for the last 3 years I was really active here! I'll try to put something out though, something related to pokemon.... maybe a gijinka?

Pokestick: WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN YOU EITHER??? Omg give me some time to get off my ass-- I gotta comment on your gallery soon! But oh gosh thank you so much! Hair is definitely my favorite thing to draw-- but coloring it is a whole different story hahaha! And my theory is the lack of pokemon on a... pokemon forum LOL

Ahhh thanks again for the wonderful words of encouragement guys! ////

-----

So for the first time since like, 2010~ish, I decided to dabble a little in Photoshop and make a tag. I'd been idly sifting through Derozio's gallery after getting this lovely icon, and I just felt this itch I needed to scratch.

But.... uh........ yeah, it's been a really long time so cut me some slack. o<-<

2ip3g

My affinity for 100px height tags hasn't gone away over time, it seems. :'P
this is a one time thing though, I probably won't touch gfx for another 3 years LOL o<-< one step forward, two steps back
I have so much gift art to finish /wheeze

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
Even if you hadn't been on a 2-3 year hiatus from tags, this is pretty darn delicious! My only gripes are with the quality which overall feels a bit muddy. Particularly the stock, it looks like you've blurred it all slightly then sharpened it up again or something.

i demand more

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
okay, lets talk about the tag

lighting - good. works really well.
text - doesn't get in the way. At first, it didn't look all that special. But the more I look at it the more I like the positioning and the font choice.
depth - not an issue. it hazz the essential amountzz.
flow - sexy flow.

...umm, where exactly does the tag go wrong? Apart from what Moo said (I agree to a degree. wait that rhymed!!), the tag is really, really visually appealing and is strong as far as the fundamentals are concerned. The size actually does compliment it and it doesn't feel like the canvas size doesn't do justice to the stock/render. It works really well.

so yes, I second moo.
I DEMAND MOAR. >:U </3

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
moments: Aww thank you! And... ahaha..... that's... exactly what I did...
oops
minghideplz.gif

I was just determined to use that stock! Haha, Tidus is so beautiful in that picture, but it's such a gross and grainy stock-- I shouldn't have sharpened it up again, but I couldn't resist-- though I do still have the unsharpened version? I can see how gross it looks on the fractal too-- GAH maybe I should've started working with a 200px tall tag and then resized later. Darn, old tricks I forgot about! :'( Thanks for your encouragement though!

Derozio: Ohh thank you so much! ;7; I was actually biting my nails over the text- I used to have so many things I'd use to embellish text, but I've since lost all those resources (including fonts in general), so I was just pulling from my ass. o<-< I'm glad it's growing on you though, it's kind of growing on me too! (AND I'M SO GLAD TO HEAR THERE'S AN ACCEPTABLE DEPTH gah depth is the bane of my existence!) In retrospect, I probably could've done better on the placement of the bokeh-- that one white dot is just making my skin crawl! LOL, but aaah thank you again for your lovely comment, critique, and encouragement!

HMMM I dunno if I'll dabble in GFX again-- perhaps not until all my art deadlines and gifts are done and over with. It was a fun foray though, so maybe the hiatus won't be a year+ this time!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
-cut-

Sketch/100% detail WIP of what I'm working on now.
This is the same character as the second-to-last picture on the first post.
He's come a long way since Fall 2012!

Last edited:

Drekavac

Screamer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Hell
  • Seen Dec 10, 2016
utau__shoichiro_by_taiwonton-d5yfnpr.png
Out of all your updates, this one irks me the most. Can't put my finger on it but it seems as if it has something to do with the mouth's positioning. Or maybe the width of the lips. Orrr now that I think about it, it might just be the fact that upper lip's mid portion has been drawn to the left of where it probably should've been. You know, the part which is normally just below the nose? Yeah, I suck at explaining but I hope you get it. Apart from that, the hair to the left - the curl feels a little unnatural too. Don't know if this is just me or not because I don't really see any problems with hair or positioning of mouth/the way it has been drawn in any other pics. The only exception is this one. :x Buuut, moving onto the positives! This was mostly a coloring experiment, right? You've done really well in that regard, imo. Shading is really nice too.

As for your other works, they're just great. Love Comic 1. Though I feel some space between the upper and the lower part of the strip is a little unnecessary. But that's just me nitpicking. All in all, awesome stuff. Really would love to see more of these comic strips again. They're really well done. Screw that, everything's well done. So yeah, don't..don't disappear again, alright?

edit; She really DOES resemble ariel, haha. But she's cute. :]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay hun, you have absolutely no idea how accurate this comic is. I have to give you my two cents here because I'm like stupid into skill toys like yoyos and rubik's cubes, so let me give you a run down.

You can basically spend your entire life trying to reorganize and reassemble a cube, regardless of it's size, because there's literally an infinite number of turns you can make. But, there's a specific algorithm you can perform (depending on what color squares are present at each respective corner) that allow you to solve a rubik's cube in under a certain amount of turns. So yeah! It's really hard! But you probably already knew all of that going into this drawing, but I just felt like I had to detail it out because that comic pretty much describes my daily routine. xDD

So now, let me give you my two cents about your art. n_n; Once again, everything is stunning. Your still images, although vastly more polished than your comics, are perfectly proportioned and your whimsical-ness is deliberate. Once more, everything is beautiful. Although, maybe it's just me.. but Ariel's hand looks a little big in relation to her face? To be honest though, I think there's more of your artistic skills apparent in your comics rather than your stills. I mean, your comics read really well. They're easy to follow and keep a solid flow from panel to panel. Your good at different dialog stances, and I don't find it difficult at all to keep my eye interested on the subject. So.. I don't know if you've just read a lot of comics/mangas, but you have a natural talent for organization! :D

I guess what I'm trying to say.. is that I see more of you and your skill in your perpetual works. Not to say that your stills aren't freaking incredible.

edit : I spent a few minutes looking at the piece and her hand really isn't off. There was something about it that was irking me... but now I think it was just me. xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back