• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Sounds like a brilliant team to me, thanks a ton, I appreciate it! I shall get started on my adventure in the morning. I have never used Bronzong or Rhyperior before so I am excited to get to know their move-sets.

Team Confirmation:
Infernape, Bronzong, Gardevoir, Absol, Magnezone, and Rhyperior.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Oh, oops. Mantine isn't available in Soul Silver^^

So I got this one instead.
157.png

That's what I am talking bout! *Also don't image URL from the random gen page the images don't show up for everyone*

Team Confirmed:
Typhlosion
Aerodactyl
Starmie
Electabuzz *Can I use Electivre?*
Kangaskhan
SHUCKLE (refuse to use this pokemon, have it in my black team and It's no good for anything and I refuse to use it!)

Years
You MUST use Shuckle. I couldn't use my freaking shiny Cascoon, so why do only I have to suffer. I would say its a blessing to have Shuckle if I were in your shoes.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
For those of you that don't want repeat Pokemon, you need to start putting that in your restrictions...getting tired of watching this thread for this type of thing.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Okay, I will start the Soul Silver thing again!

Name:LMFAO. Word up.
Game: Soul Silver.
# of pokemon: 6.
Restrcitions: Pokemon can be from any Generation! No same typing. No pokemon I have already used in challenges these include:
Machamp, Camerupt,
Chimecho, Gorebyss,
Lapras, Mantine,
Golduck, Magnemite,
Golem, Charizard,
Wheezing, Dewgong,
Flygon, Lickitung,
Miltank, Shuckle,
Banette, Manectric,
Flareon, Poliwrath,
Kingdra, Luvdisc,
Blaziken, Aggron,
Swalot and Abol.

Years
I believe you got a team earlier, so please use the one you were given rather than trying to get a different team. It's up to you if you want to play this challenge, but it's no fun if you're basically searching for a team that contains Pokemon you want. In response to your Electabuzz question: Yes, you do have to use it. Also, use Shuckle for something, it's part of the challenge.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I believe you got a team earlier, so please use the one you were given rather than trying to get a different team. It's up to you if you want to play this challenge, but it's no fun if you're basically searching for a team that contains Pokemon you want. In response to your Electabuzz question: Yes, you do have to use it. Also, use Shuckle for something, it's part of the challenge.

The reason I started again is because Sydian stated that if I don't want a pokemon that I have already used then I should of specified and I didn't think to at the time, If you really want me to all I have to do is delete the post I made where I asked for a team and say I no longer wish to do that challenge for the reasons of wanting to use different pokemon I haven't previously used.. I have done every challenge I have been given so far, Apart from the White 2 one because my rom broke... I am not trying to cheat myself out of using that team! Finally, the question I was asking about electabuzz was whether or not i could use it's evolution aswell.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Spoiler:

Years
These challenges are supposed to be abit of fun and people get all hopped up and emotional about it... Really taking the fun away from these challenges...

Hey come on now. If you want to use something different ask for something different. I wasn't quite sure why you were starting a new challenge so that's why I said what I said. Also, if you get like one Pokemon that you've already used before in a playthrough would it kill ya to use it? I undertand if you've used next to all of them but there's the "The Ones That Got Away" challenge for using Pokemon you haven't been able to use. And I'm sorry if you feel I'm getting "hopped up" about it, I'm just trying to explain the rules I'm not getting angry or anything.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Hey come on now. If you want to use something different ask for something different. I wasn't quite sure why you were starting a new challenge so that's why I said what I said. Also, if you get like one Pokemon that you've already used before in a playthrough would it kill ya to use it? I undertand if you've used next to all of them but there's the "The Ones That Got Away" challenge for using Pokemon you haven't been able to use. And I'm sorry if you feel I'm getting "hopped up" about it, I'm just trying to explain the rules I'm not getting angry or anything.

The reason i said I would start again is because it slipped my mind about putting in the restrictions about not using pokemon previously used, the idea of the challenge is to use random pokemon i understand but if you have already cleared a game with a certain pokemon you shouldn't have to use it again, because you've proven you can use it. I know this is just a random pokemon challenge and if a pokemon comes up twice then you should by the rules have to use it, but this makes the challenges seem boring to me.. What I normally try to do with the challenges is do a Dex region challenge then a national dex challenge but It seems boring if i have to use same pokemon for the challenges..

Having a list of pokemon you have already used and saying "I can not use these because I have used them already" will actually help make the challenges harder and more fun.

On a more on topic note.
I have cancelled my second emerald challenge because I have little to none proof of achieving anything as most of video clips have corrupted!.

However you can follow my Black challenge, I am in the final lengths of beating the elite four for the first time You can find 90% of the gyms and the first elite four battle here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJjDNe-5GUo&list=PLQjRMgp6KzZYGyFTW8172KYl4N0IdmVII

Last edited:
Years
As the rules say, you don't have to use Ditto if you don't want to. Any Pokeon with little to no level up moves are not things you have to use (e.g Caterpie, Ditto, Magikarp, Weedle) unless you really want to use it.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years

[ ? ]
The Random Pokémon Challenge
First Update

Challenger: Sovereign.
Game Card: Pearl
Random Team: Infernape, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Absol, Gardevoir, Bronzong.
392.gif
462.gif
464.gif
359.gif
282.gif
437.gif

Current Progress -

Dawnwalkdown.png
Trainer - Riley // Bag:
Bag_Journal_Sprite.png
Bag_Parcel_Sprite.png
Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
// 12-20-2012

• Start game.
  • The journey begins with a Female Trainer named Riley. Rival was named Miles, in fancy that I should battle myself throughout the game.
  • Followed Rival to the lake where we foolishly entered the Tall Grass when mother said not too.
  • Chose starter CHIMCHAR.
  • Moved on as quickly as I could and rushed through all of the talking and introductions. Received Running Shoes.
  • Talked to Professor Rowan and obtained the Pokédex. Healed at Pokémon Center.
  • While returning back home, battled a Pidove and Bidoof. Raised Pyro to Level 6. Received Parcel from Rival's Mother.
  • Talked to Pokémart Sales Person in the grassy brush, got Potion.
  • On my way to Jubilife City.

Pokémon Team Status -

390.gif

Pyro
Level 6
Gentle Nature
Ability: Blaze
Moveset: Scratch, Leer

(Not a large update by any means, but it is the start of it. I will really get going as tomorrow comes around. For now, good night.)

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
My emulator corrupted so I have to do it on DS now here is my pokemon so far
Prinplup
Level 26
Name: Piplup :P
Ability:Torrent
Moveset: peck, metal claw, bubble beam and rock smash
Progress: Looking for a Kricketot so I can beat the gym
EDIT
Beat team galactic got bike and explorers kit
Got dowsing machine and VS seeker